The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by bjmdds »

Uh oh :!: 'Justice League' Is A Box Office Disappointment With only $39M Friday :!:-----Deadline.com: How dismal is this? This event movie at a reported estimated production cost of $300M was ten years in the making, and was intended to be the pinnacle for the Warner Bros./DC universe introducing new characters such as The Flash, Cyborg and Aquaman who could hold their own franchise weight with their own solo outings down the road. But an opening that’s 44% lower than Batman v. Superman‘s $166M opening? Ouch.--------- :Bonk: We know our collective onions here :!: :up:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

The Wrap: "Justice League" was supposed to be DC's "Avengers," and Warner Bros. way of capping off a successful second half of 2017 that began with "Wonder Woman." But now, after making $38.8 million on Friday from 4,040 screens -- with $13 million of that from Thursday previews -- "Justice League" is in danger of finishing it's opening weekend with a total of less than $100 million, a mark that all three Marvel Studios releases and "Wonder Woman" were able to hit this year.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

David Cassidy is in critical condition as his organs are failing, his rep confirmed to the Daily News. Cassidy, 67, was rushed to the hospital three days ago and is desperate need of a liver transplant. Both his liver and kidney are failing, according to his rep. "The Partridge Family" star's health has been failing for more than two months, sources close to the family told TMZ, who was the first to report his hospitalization. It is unclear what is causing his organs to shut down. Sources close to the family said they were told to expect "the worst." A rep for the actor said he was "currently conscious and surrounded by family." Image
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Laughing when asked if 'all the ducks are in a row' for the next Bond film, Broccoli continued: "We've got the biggest and most important piece in place, which is Daniel [Craig]. I'm very happy that he's coming back. So, to me, that's the crucial thing. And we're just looking on everything else. We don't have too much in place, but we've got the main man in place, so that makes me very happy. We've got our Daniel; we've got to find the director. We're working on the script and we'll see... Hopefully by the beginning of the year we'll have more news on all those fronts." As for the prospect of another Irishman playing Bond, given Pierce Brosnan's years of service and Aidan Turner :idea: and Jamie Dornan being linked with the role, Broccoli isn't looking that far ahead. "It's all Daniel at the moment," she laughed. "I always say it's like asking a bride who's going up the altar who her next husband should be!"
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Christ on a cracker, they never learn, do they?
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

It’s all good until the day Craig says Babs touched him inappropriately.
She has no idea how to change up her talking points, like those old pull string gi joes maybe talking Barbie is more appropriate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Deadline.com: ‘Justice League’ Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $96M+ Opening :!: :ROFL:------------Clooney's masterpiece Suburbicon was pulled from release after only 3 weeks too :!: Well done Clooney :!: :clap: :cheers:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

They were betting thanksgiving will give them a boost, after all they’ve watched Babs turn out worse movie and make money over the holidays

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Looking at the WB DC collaborations, if this movie does not break $100 million I’m wondering if this is a sign for them. I also wonder if any of those movies have made money, Wonder Woman has the best numbers, followed by suicide squad, but none of these movies have broken $900 million, which is shocking considering how big Nolan’s dark night trilogy was and how big Superman and Batman brands are.
Even with WW and SS possibly make a little bit of money I don’t think WB DC are making money on this series yet. I remember they were willing to take a loss one the first few movies but with $300 million plus P&A on justice league there pay day keeps moving down the line.

IMO they are guaranteed to make $800 million no matter what but it not enough. Maybe the holidays will be good to them however in less than a month Star Wars will dominate everything again.

Oh speaking of DC WB collaborations it is interesting green lantern is never mentioned

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Big O, DC can scrap their franchise except for Wonder Woman. They never had a chance with their castings and storylines and darkly lit camera work. After Batman, it's all downhill for them. They ruined Superman too. Remember what I said about Jesse Eisenberg as Luthor? That is the cause of their failure. Decisions like that.-----------Yahoo.com: Warner Bros.-D.C.’s “Justice League” is headed for an underwhelming opening weekend, coming in below early predictions with an estimated $94 million at 4,051 North American locations during its opening weekend. The number marks a nearly 15% drop from early reports, which had pegged “Justice League’s” opening weekend in the $110 million range. With an estimated budget of around $300 million, “Justice League” poses high stakes for Warner Bros.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Image The trailer of the much-awaited third installment in the Avengers franchise, and what will be nineteenth film in Marvel Cinematic Universe, will reportedly release in December. Infinity War is the first step in the culmination of MCU, and all the previous movies in the universe have been building up to this moment when Avengers and Guardians of the Galaxy will fight the big baddie, Thanos. Whereas Justice League bombed, Infinity War will be HUGE and will be the highest grossing Marvel film ever, unless sexual harassment allegations dodge it's actors.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Just got back from Justice League. I enjoyed it more than I thought I would, though I went in with low expectations. The tonal whiplash that I was expecting from the dreaded "extensive reshoots" wasn't really an issue for me. Yes, there was some slightly incoherent storytelling in there, but no more so than a lot of CGI-heavy blockbusters with a bunch of stuff happening in place of a plot. It was entertaining enough, though I don't see myself buying the DVD.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

I was going through movies on Vudu (digital service/digital locker) there are a number of recent movies critics hated I thought were good or at least entertaining.
Gods of Egypt, Legend of Tarzan, X-men apocalypse, even suicide squad, but suicide squad has its problems that can’t be ignored completely still 80% of it is enjoyable if you can ignore Batfleck, Jared Leto, & Will Smith,
Margot Robbie carries the movie, she was great in SS and Tarzan.

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I still haven't seen Suicide Squad. One little touch in Justice League that I forgot to mention that I was quite pleased about is that Danny Elfman incorporated his own Batman theme and John Williams' Superman theme into his score for the movie.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

David Cassidy was moved to the ICU on Sunday as his condition began deteriorating, TMZ reported.

Cassidy was suffering from organ failure and was in need of a kidney transplant when he was admitted to a Florida hospital earlier this week. Now, the former teen heart-throb's son, Beau and his ex-wife, have been called to the hospital as the situation becomes more dire, according to TMZ.

The "Partridge Family" star is reportedly on a breathing tube.

"There's really no issue anymore for a transplant," a source said to TMZ. "It's futile."

Cassidy, 67, was placed into a medically induced coma after he arrived at the hospital on Wednesday, in an attempt to control his pain, and his family was told to expect "the worst." :(
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:I still haven't seen Suicide Squad. One little touch in Justice League that I forgot to mention that I was quite pleased about is that Danny Elfman incorporated his own Batman theme and John Williams' Superman theme into his score for the movie.
actually that sounds pretty cool

Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

"All Daniel at the moment" :picard: it's been more than ten years. Get a grip,pull yourself together and call Turner for f***s sake.
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote:Christ on a cracker, they never learn, do they?
No Kris they never do! At the risk of sounding like a parrot, Babz is way over her head as a producer. We don't have a story, script, director or even distribution set up but hey at least we threw enough money at our craggy old actor who wore out his welcome ages ago to return, with the added benefit of him phoning it in, as he clearly stated he was over it, but hey it'll all fall in to place! I think at this point Babz just wants to keep Craig around as it's one less thing to do.

It will be interesting to see if EON (Babz) follow the same template with the other spy film they're making with the female lead. No script, rewrites at the eleventh hour, ham-fisted bodging to make it work just before release, etc.
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Veronica wrote:"All Daniel at the moment" :picard: it's been more than ten years. Get a grip,pull yourself together and call Turner for f***s sake.
Image Image
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Veteran television host Charlie Rose was suspended :clap: by CBS and other broadcasters on Monday after a Washington Post report detailing allegations by eight woman from PBS' Charlie Rose that he sexually harassed them over the years. Rose, 75, apologized for the behavior reported in the Post investigation, which included allegations of groping, unwanted sexual advances, and in some cases, appearing nude in the same room as a colleague. "It is essential that these women know I hear them and that I deeply apologize for my inappropriate behavior. I am greatly embarrassed," he said in a statement. "I have behaved insensitively at times, and I accept responsibility for that, though I do not believe that all of these allegations are accurate. I always felt that I was pursuing shared feelings, even though I now realize I was mistaken." It was not clear how long Rose's suspension would last, with CBS saying only that it was looking into the matter.-------I personally emailed this pompous liberal's PBS show many times over the past year demanding equal time for a show, on tax funded PBS, to counteract his biased politics of the day. They never answered me so I contacted the local WNET PBS channel here in NYC that airs his show nightly and they said 'they would look into the matter' :!: BULL :!: Now, this lowlife elitist is DONE, unless he and Franken as well, are given the liberal pass on such matters. This time, they won't get away with it :!: Image