The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Veronica »

Kristatos wrote:Would it be easier at this point to compile a list of Hollywood stars and producers who *weren't* sexual predators?
I was thinking the same thing.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Veronica wrote:
Kristatos wrote:Would it be easier at this point to compile a list of Hollywood stars and producers who *weren't* sexual predators?
Thing is, I'd be afraid to name one for fear that the next day, it would be revealed that he'd forced himself on a string of underage boys. "Good old Bill Bloggs, he'd never do a thing like...wait, he did *what*?"
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:
Veronica wrote:
Thing is, I'd be afraid to name one for fear that the next day, it would be revealed that he'd forced himself on a string of underage boys. "Good old Bill Bloggs, he'd never do a thing like...wait, he did *what*?"
At the rate things are going I’d be hesitant to name Roger Moore as one of the good guys just cause next thing you’d know there be someone accusing him of being like George HW Bush.

If justice league doesn’t set records I’m sure the studio will blame Ben Affleck instead of maybe wondering if hiring Joss Whedon was too little of a change from Snyder’s vision of the dc universe.
I noticed WB are pushing Wonder Woman as a primary figure in the ads for justice league, even in the new Bat V Sups ads to try to bundle the movies so far they play up Wonder Woman’s presence.
Don’t blame them so far WW is the bright star in their movie universe, where they thought Affleck “lets protect our daughters form me and my friends” would be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Orient express is fighting for third, not terrible opening at $27- 30 million here, well not for this movie year.
Production budget it $55 million, seems high to me, they need $165 million to break even, don’t think they are even going to come close unless somewhere like China goes crazy for it.
I wonder how much fox spent constantly advertising it during the World Series

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

$55 million isn't that big a budget for a modern studio movie. Dredd was considered low-budget at $45 million, and that was a few years ago.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

You’re right just about anything under $100 million is considered low budget it is just that $55 million for a PBS movie seems excessive. It may have some interesting scenery or sets is that worth the money but the ads don’t look impressive to me it seems like the budget is paying for the stars time.

bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Gal Gadot says she won't reprise her role for future "Wonder Woman" movies unless Brett Ratner is not involved, reports Page Six. Brett Ratner's production company produced the film in conjunction with Warner Brothers. Earlier in the week, Warner Brothers ended their working relationship with Brett Ratner after multiple women came forward accusing the director of sexual harassment -- including women like Olivia Munn and Ellen Page. Image
John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Post by John P. Drake »

But, Ellen Page wouldn't mind if the harasser was Ellen Degeneres.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

I don't think this barrage of insanity will EVER end now-----------> Former action star Steven Seagal is being accused by an unnamed Hollywood executive for sexually harassing her on the set of his 1991 movie, “Out for Justice,” Page Six reported Friday. The executive was reportedly a young actress at the time and said Seagal lured her into his trailer for a “costume change” and later propositioned her over the phone, saying, “You are not comfortable sitting on my face for an hour?” :shock:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Post by John P. Drake »

Not even slightly surprised for Seagal. If a man's arrogance is overinflated in public, then there's no doubt this kind of man is single-handedly a sex offender or harasser.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Thor Thames first place this weekend, daddy’s home 2 and orient express follow up.

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

bjmdds wrote:Gal Gadot says she won't reprise her role for future "Wonder Woman" movies unless Brett Ratner is not involved, reports Page Six. Brett Ratner's production company produced the film in conjunction with Warner Brothers. Earlier in the week, Warner Brothers ended their working relationship with Brett Ratner after multiple women came forward accusing the director of sexual harassment -- including women like Olivia Munn and Ellen Page. Image
this sort of surprised me. Didn’t expect her to put it so bluntly But at this point in time , WB only has one real star in their movie dc series and this is gadot. They could recast Batman and nobody would blink, Harley Quinn and WW are two great characters made by the actors playing them.

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

There is a scary story about the NSA losing control of its hacking tools and these “shadow brokers” who seem to be ex spooks, one ex nsa guy said the shadow brokers had info on him not even his coworkers would have known.

I going to say there are two problems that caused this, of course one is the NSA are information junkies and the internet online smartphone age is full of information from too many sources. IMO a Real danger is companies like Facebook and google are collecting alarming amounts of data nobody is properly protecting or looking after how it’s used. Free market, got to trust the monopolies right?

Biggest problem for the whole intelligence apparatus in our country is the NSA, CIA, FBI, etc, farm out sensitive work to contractors because congress is gutless, they rather fund “black ops” that they can’t be held accountable for than leave the data in house where the actions taken approved by Congress might come home to roost.
Snowden was a contractor employee not a proper nsa or cia spook. Who probably wouldn’t have passed a through background check. But the government doesn’t want accountability and it thinks it needs more sources to compromise people and so it needs more people than the federal government usually clears to work the data mines.

Before all this is over I believe the big story will become how much data the government keep on all of us, and how much data foreign governments are able to access on us.
We have not had a collective national policy on internet security ever, it’s been up to private companies to try to figure out security without knowing the true threats the government see and sometimes creates.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

FINGERS was at it again!-----Roslyn Corrigan was sixteen years old when she got a chance to meet George H.W. Bush, excited to be introduced to a former president having grown up dreaming of going into politics. But Corrigan was crushed by her encounter: Bush, then 79 years old, groped her buttocks at a November 2003 event in The Woodlands, Texas, office of the Central Intelligence Agency where Corrigan’s father gathered with fellow intelligence officers and family members to meet Bush, Corrigan said. Corrigan is the sixth woman since Oct. 24 to accuse Bush publicly of grabbing her buttocks without consent. “My initial action was absolute horror. I was really, really confused,” Corrigan told TIME, speaking publicly for the first time about the encounter. “The first thing I did was look at my mom and, while he was still standing there, I didn’t say anything. What does a teenager say to the ex-president of the United States? Like, ‘Hey dude, you shouldn’t have touched me like that?’” Corrigan said the incident happened while she was being photographed standing next to Bush. Five other women have made similar claims against Bush in recent weeks. Seven people, including family members and friends, confirmed to TIME that they had been told about alleged groping by Bush of Corrigan prior to the other recent allegations. Image
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Image NFL stadiums yesterday :!: :Happy:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Orient express took $28.6 million not bad really

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

bjmdds wrote:FINGERS was at it again!-----Roslyn Corrigan was sixteen years old when she got a chance to meet George H.W. Bush, excited to be introduced to a former president having grown up dreaming of going into politics. But Corrigan was crushed by her encounter: Bush, then 79 years old, groped her buttocks at a November 2003 event in The Woodlands, Texas, office of the Central Intelligence Agency where Corrigan’s father gathered with fellow intelligence officers and family members to meet Bush, Corrigan said. Corrigan is the sixth woman since Oct. 24 to accuse Bush publicly of grabbing her buttocks without consent. “My initial action was absolute horror. I was really, really confused,” Corrigan told TIME, speaking publicly for the first time about the encounter. “The first thing I did was look at my mom and, while he was still standing there, I didn’t say anything. What does a teenager say to the ex-president of the United States? Like, ‘Hey dude, you shouldn’t have touched me like that?’” Corrigan said the incident happened while she was being photographed standing next to Bush. Five other women have made similar claims against Bush in recent weeks. Seven people, including family members and friends, confirmed to TIME that they had been told about alleged groping by Bush of Corrigan prior to the other recent allegations. Image
Elder of the Bush family making us all proud. Perfect time for him to ghost write a book bashing trump who bashed his boys

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:Image NFL stadiums yesterday :!: :Happy:
And yet attendances were slightly up over season averages, according to Yahoo Sports.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

From Box Office Mojo's weekend report:
Other big news in the top ten is found in tenth position where A24's Lady Bird delivered an incredible $1.25 million from just 37 theaters for an impressive $33,766 per theater average. A24 is reporting sell outs in many markets this weekend as the Greta Gerwig-directed feature will expand into top markets again this coming weekend leading into a nationwide break over Thanksgiving.
And yet, they didn't even mention the #11 movie, Let There Be Light, which made $1,114,560 on 774 screens for a per-screen average of $1,440. This just proves how biased BOM is. $1,440 is more than $33,766, it said so on Fox News. :twisted: