The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Kristatos »

dirtybenny wrote: And I got some bad news for ya, they already brought back "rapey Bond" his name was Craig-Bond and he's most recognizable in Skyfall and Spectre where he has his way with a human trafficking victim and forces himself on a grieving widow respectively. The former example evoking the "Pussy Galore Barn Scene" in Goldfinger but putting it to shame in the forced relations department considering Pussy showed (unlike the widow) she was quite capable of fighting back!
Fair point.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

According to E! News, that’s not exactly true. Per E!, a source with knowledge says that Taylor-Johnson has not been offered the Bond role. But while there may not be an official offer on the table, E! teases that “the opportunity may be in front of Aaron soon,” reporting that Bond producer Barbara Broccoli has previously suggested that the next era of the Bond franchise is expected to begin filming at some point this year.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

"Barbara Broccoli finally lost her mind, picking a 007 who is married to someone who at 57 is almost as old as she is at 63." Internet comment is correct! This entire thing is ridiculous. Broccoli lied about production IF this story is true. Showing up at premieres with his motherly wife is NO way to promote a Bond film and the fact his mother/wife is personal friends with the green vegetable underscores her mindset. MGW has NO role in this franchise. If true, they will emasculate the character even more. I have ZERO interest in this franchise any longer with Broccoli at the helm. The ONE positive thing with this probable announcement is that Cr-egg OFFICIALLY will be DONE as Bond......finally, and this website's name will truly be a statement to the world! Image Image
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Don't get this weird fixation with his wife myself. It doesn't have much to do with what's on screen. Connery used to beat his wife, does that mean he shouldn't have been cast as Bond?

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Now, seven months after awkwardly swerving questions about the rumours, he has once again attempted to pour water on the suggestion he’ll play the British spy in an interview conducted before the alleged offer was said to have been made. In a new interview with Rolling Stone UK, Taylor-Johnson, who is promoting Sony’s Spider-Man spin-off Kraven the Hunter, said: “I can only really talk about the things I’m going to show and tell. So, The Fall Guy, Nosferatu, Kraven the Hunter. I don’t feel like I need to have a future drawn out for me. I feel like, whatever’s drawn out for me, I can f***ing do better.”
The outlet noted that he delivered the answer “with a wry smile”. Elsewhere in the interview, he continued to pour water on the idea he might be Bond by saying he “doesn’t necessarily want... doing one action movie after another” to be his “brand”. These comments echo quotes he made in August 2015, when, after being asked if it was exciting to consider playing Bond, he responded: “I just focus on the things I can have in my hands right now. What’s in front of me right now.” According to The Sun, Eon Productions are hoping to start filming the 26th Bond film later this year, and 33-year-old Taylor-Johnson is producers’ choice for the role. A source told the outlet: “Bond is Aaron’s job, should he wish to accept it. The formal offer is on the table and they are waiting to hear back.---the guy curses just as Cr-egg did it seems in interviews. Broccoli will be replacing her ogre with a childish momma's boy whose older wife happens to be friends with the producer and will most likely have some input into the production. It looks like a DONE DEAL. :down:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

It certainly falls short of a full denial. I just want them to announce it and get it over with.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

From MI6 website now:

meshypushy wrote:
Now I can relate to those craignotbond folk from back in the day. Please let this not be true…

Benny wrote: I don’t want to relate to those craignotbond folk.
They had an aggressive agenda against an actor unfairly.
As a Bond fan it was a low point for me. ................Makeshiftpython wrote:
In a funny way, DCINB actually made me WANT to see Craig succeed even more. He wasn’t my first choice back in the day, but I trusted Eon’s judgement and wanted to give him a fair shot from the get go. If they pick ATJ, I will give him that same chance. One of the most elating feelings I had as a Bond fan was when CR was coming out and the word of mouth was very strong. Of course, I think that actually made (the few) folks at DCINB even more militant against Craig. I remember their pet theories like believing Craig was only being praised because people felt sorry for him or some nonsense. Or the best one: “CR is for people who don’t like Bond movies”. It’s been so many years since I visited their forums. I wonder how bjmdds’ sanity has been holding up?..............Benny wrote: Hahaha ‘bjmdds’ what a character. I’m not sure how his blood pressure is. He got boiled up over Daniel Craig.
I’m not sure he or the forum over there will cope if the next Bond isn’t one they approve of.
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

Hey Meshy-we would welcome you with open arms!

As for Benny/Nash…

Well, he WOULD say that.probably reading these posts since he posted on one of the stories on the main page a while back.
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

kater23 wrote: As for Benny/Nash…

Well, he WOULD say that.probably reading these posts since he posted on one of the stories on the main page a while back.
I'm still convinced Sandeep Jacobin was him posting under an alias.

kater23
Moneypenny

Post by kater23 »

Y’all’s Lock tight system isn’t so lock tight.
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

bjmdds wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:46 pm According to The Sun, Eon Productions are hoping to start filming the 26th Bond film later this year...
Ok, now I'm sure this is B.S., later this year?! No bloody way they start this year, EON may have a slip shot style where they write as they shoot, but even they couldn't slap a film together that fast!
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:12 pm
kater23 wrote: As for Benny/Nash…

I'm still convinced Sandeep Jacobin was him posting under an alias.

Yeah, definitely someone who is/was associated with the forum previously, I got a "PingBack" this morning on an article I wrote 5 years ago linking some ham fisted article mentioning the DCINB site in passing. Every couple of months I'll receive several comments on various articles both positive and negative concerning my writings from the same chap using different screen names. Nobody does that unless they are obsessed.
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
kater23
Moneypenny

Post by kater23 »

Nash certainly qualifies as “obsessed”, Not a compliment, BTW.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Remember what I said about there being worse choices than ATJ?

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2024/m ... son-is-out

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:02 pm I remember their pet theories like believing Craig was only being praised because people felt sorry for him or some nonsense. Or the best one: “CR is for people who don’t like Bond movies”.
I don't remember anybody here ever saying that Craig was being praised because people felt sorry for him. I do remember thinking that there was a touch of herd mentality about some of the praise. And "CR is for people who don't like Bond films" is hardly a stretch when the fan forums at the time were full of people saying things like "I now find all the previous Bond films unwatchable. They should remake them all with Daniel Craig, so we can pretend that all the previous Bonds never existed" or "Well, I haven't enjoyed a Bond film since OHMSS (or FRWL), akshooally".
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

I dropped in after 17 years on the MI6-HQ website to stir it up: https://www.mi6community.com/discussion ... ctor/p1167
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Kate Middleton has been diagnosed with cancer and is currently undergoing chemotherapy treatment, the Princess of Wales revealed in a bombshell announcement Friday. The 42-year-old royal learned of her diagnosis after undergoing “major abdominal surgery” back in January at the London Clinic.

“The surgery was successful. However, tests after the operation found cancer had been present,” Kate said in a videotaped statement.
James
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: On Her Majesty's Secret Service
Favorite Movies: George A Romero's Dawn Of The Dead
Silent Running
Harold and Maude

Post by James »

This is Graham Rye in The Sun. The bolded bit is interesting because he was previously a big supporter of Daniel Craig as far as I could tell. He seems to have changed his mind somewhat.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tv/26797949/fa ... -bond/amp/

I DON’T think Aaron has the look or the charisma to play James Bond. In fact, none of the bookmakers’ favourites have what it takes. Bond needs to be around 6ft 2in, following the Sean Connery blueprint. There is one actor I have been watching for some time, a Scotsman called Stuart Martin, who has the physicality needed to play 007. For me, James Bond needs to go back to his roots.

All this political correctness is rubbish and it is time the filmmakers realised this character is supposed to be escapist entertainment. Bond has never reflected the real world, he has always been a fantasy. They should set the next movie back in the 1960s, when he was at his best. You can get away with anything in the 1960s, including bringing back names for female characters such as Pussy Galore, played by Honor Blackman.

No one could complain about that, because that’s the way it was. It is all innocent fun. I was born in 1951, when no one was terribly offended by anything. The Connery movies were the closest to Ian Fleming’s novels and managed to remain within the realms of possibility. Daniel Craig is a good actor but he wasn’t Bond for me. His final outing, 2021’s No Time To Die, was a technical masterpiece but the idea of killing off James Bond was one of the movie world’s most stupid ideas.
"I can't do that superhero stuff" Daniel Craig
James
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: On Her Majesty's Secret Service
Favorite Movies: George A Romero's Dawn Of The Dead
Silent Running
Harold and Maude

Post by James »

bjmdds wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:39 pm I dropped in after 17 years on the MI6-HQ website to stir it up: https://www.mi6community.com/discussion ... ctor/p1167

The poster named Peter is a bit tiresome. Seems to have zero tolerance for anyone who feels Craig's Bond isn't their cup of tea.
"I can't do that superhero stuff" Daniel Craig
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

All the people over there saying that Cavill shouldn't be cast because he's never been the lead in a hit movie, apart from Superman, who's a massively successful character. Yes, you're getting there, now keep following that train of thought....