The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Blowfeld »

kater23 wrote:Just got a new iPad(my laptop which is more than 5 years old) was too expensive to fix.)
My iPad Air died a few weeks ago, suppose it was fairly old since it was the model before the fingerprint scanner was part of the kit. One evening as it was beside me on the arm of the chair there was an audible cracking sound, damaged during one of my trips I suppose. One of the airport gorillas who to test luggage got me good. :hair: :hair: :hair:
Miss the device terribly used it for the majority of my online computing. Suppose I shall knuckle under and offer my overlords at Apple(R) the price of a new iPad(R), perhaps a Pro(R). The cost of getting iPad Air(R) repaired with an official Apple(R) replacement done by a professional is not making sense.
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

My guess for the next Bond movie plot: BloodBrothers (or Never Dye Again Tomorrow: This Time It's Personal!)
Jimmy Bond retired for the fifth time in as many movies is living fat off the land, his job is Trolley Sheppard at the local Tesco. A little winded as he collects a wandering trolley threatening to follow the undertakers wind out of the car park, Bond wheezes cursing being out of shape, then he noticed the soiled nappy deposed of in cart. He grimaced harder realising he was going to have to be the man to take care of it. However he acknowledged it was not the nastiest job he has ever had to do, no longer a hit-man for the establishment he was now part monk, part trolley jockey. Turing the wayward trolley back towards the store Bond trudges back, people loading groceries to the boot of their cars desperately try to avoid making eye contact with what they could only assume was some homeless man transporting his soiled diaper to the shop to buy another. Mothers quickly stowed their children away to the safety of their three row seating minivans before the children might be noticed by this unsavoury character.
Reaching the trolley terminal at the front of the store Bond slams the cart home, taking time to savour the poor misfortune of the next sucker who have to fight to free the trolley. It was like that time he was parking cars and wrecked them because he was such a realistic bad ass. The weird smile on Bonds face drew back to the steady frown he effortlessly maintained as he remembered he was the next one who had to free the cart so he could remove the nappy he had completely forgotten about. Cursing his luck he slammed and shook the line of trolleys trying to free the last one he just slammed home, finally freeing it Bond wasted no time snatching the the nappy to drop it in the bin.
'Bombs away!' Bond quipped watching the lid of the rubbish bin flap.
It was in that next moment he heard a voice that sent a chill through his blood.
'Somebody had carrots.'
Bond turned slowly to face the man he knew only too well, it was the architect of all his pain.
'I would say why the long face but you always look like this, bruder.'
Bond grunted like a majestic silver back acknowledging the stranger entering his territory.
'Sorry I missed you parole hearing, things were. Complicated.' Said Bond
'Yes, I heard. I was sorry to hear about Tracy.'
'Whos that?' Bond asked as he cleaned the wax from his ear with his little finger.
The award winning actor, who was a good get even if he was slumming it, had a puzzled look on his face. He wondered if this man-ape had read the script.
'Erm, your wife then. I apologise for misplacing her name.'
Flicking the ear way away Bond ever the epitome of cool answered.
'You mean Eva.'
Scheiße! The award winning actor thought, this over paid television actor who won his way into sweetest role in all of Hollywood by wooing a middle aged woman's heart during the darkest time of her mid-life crisis had not bothered to memorise his lines, he was randomly naming actresses from four movies ago.
Bond continued.
'Real tragedy that. She always wanted to be a ginger. Who'da thought a mix up at the beauty parlour would cost her life. Thought we had all the time in the world I did.'
'What if I told you it was not the accident the rest of the world accepts it to be?'
Bond looked at his secret bruder with the sad eyes of a wounded bovine.
'You mean?'
'That's right.'
'He was supposed to be dead!'
'Nobody stays dead forever.'
'This can't be!'
'Yes, it is a plot twist nobody could possibly see coming. We have to seek revenge for your wife's murder. Together as brothers.'
'The Da Vinci of all our pain is back!'
'Sure. Why not.'
'Our mission is clear,' Bond paused to get his catch phrase in, 'if we should chose to accept it, John Logan and Paul Haggis must die!'
'So, Da Vincis? As in two different people. So we are killing two people now? Going to take a major re-write. You know what. I don't even care any more as long as the cheque clears. You are on Django! Lets kill these shmucks!'

The screen fades to black as the Meatloaf monster ballad theme song begins.
:wink:
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

bjmdds wrote:Gil Cates, who produced 14 Academy Award shows once said “I want people to express themselves on the show, but I don’t think our audience wants political noise.”
even Craig and Babs play it down the middle politically when out promoting bond. I don’t like politics in my sports or entertainment. For as movies just fictionalize the political motivation and let people interpret it on their own. Hunger games left and right think there’s a hidden message about whatever. Trying to make the politics real doesn’t work well I think of recent bond and Bourne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Speaking of Apple what do Apple fans think of the weak early orders of iPhone 8? It’s it lack of real innovation in the 8 or the iPhone X being the real upgrade ? The cost? I am finishing paying for my phone and I’m not eager to spend another $700-800 for a new phone. When the phone companies subsidized the price it was more tempted to upgrade.

IMO Apple has done very little innovation since the first iPhone. Android phone have constant innovations. But I like Apple better for stability that and androids which are easy to upgrade the memory capacity like to switch contents back to internal memory during updates which always screws me over.

I’m planning on keeping my iPhone 6s, it’s one of the best phones I’ve ever had. And I need a headphone jack so I can charge and listen. Must be nice to have Bluetooth everything so you don’t need a headphone jack, still a major letdown for me that the new iPhones dropped that feature.

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Omega wrote:
bjmdds wrote:Gil Cates, who produced 14 Academy Award shows once said “I want people to express themselves on the show, but I don’t think our audience wants political noise.”
even Craig and Babs play it down the middle politically when out promoting bond. I don’t like politics in my sports or entertainment. For as movies just fictionalize the political motivation and let people interpret it on their own. Hunger games left and right think there’s a hidden message about whatever. Trying to make the politics real doesn’t work well I think of recent bond and Bourne

I think there's a place for political films, such as All the President's Men, but not in escapist entertainment like Bond. I don't think they'd want to alienate half their audience by, say, making President Trump a Bond villain, to quote one of the stupider rumours floating around out there.

Things like the Oscars and the NFL protests are a bit different, though. I may groan inwardly when some star uses their Oscar acceptance speech to push their pet cause, but at the end of the day, they're a private citizen with the same first amendment rights as anyone else. It's not the same thing as hijacking a major movie franchise in order to preach at the audience.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote: I think there's a place for political films, such as All the President's Men, but not in escapist entertainment like Bond. I don't think they'd want to alienate half their audience by, say, making President Trump a Bond villain, to quote one of the stupider rumours floating around out there.

Things like the Oscars and the NFL protests are a bit different, though. I may groan inwardly when some star uses their Oscar acceptance speech to push their pet cause, but at the end of the day, they're a private citizen with the same first amendment rights as anyone else. It's not the same thing as hijacking a major movie franchise in order to preach at the audience.
Well Babs and Craig were careful while promoting bond not to say anything about Obama or McCain, I think they avoided Romney and Obama too. Babs on her own was anti president bush and stuff like that, Craig was Anti Brexit, but that was in their own time and I cool with that. The political crap added to bond since CR I think hurts bond.

NFL stars at games and actors at awards shows bother me some because they are grandstanding at their job. If they do it on their own away from the fame of their job I couldn’t care less. IMO there is a media element to “making a statement “ that didn’t exist before. Virtue signaling.
These same people who cheer NFL protest would be horrified if it were about abortion awareness or pushing Christianity. If a right leaning star who got up to talk about gun rights or how corrupt the Clintons are they’d be pulled off the stage and the show would go to commercial and it never make the news cycle.

In some ways I don’t disagree with the sentiment of the NFL protest, but I don’t want the grandstanding at the games.
Be a wrestler if you want to put on a show. I also think the NFL is at fault for forcing the national anthem at every event.

NFL players have more of a leg to stand on because it’s silent unobtrusive protest compared to a Hollywood star calculation of how many millions in free publicity they get for steeling the limelight.

bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

According to The Daily Mail, Sicario and Arrival helmer Villenueve is reportedly the favoured candidate for Daniel Craig, and has held meetings with Craig, Broccoli and producer Michael G. Wilson about boarding the film.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

The Mail has been fairly reliable for Bond news these last few years, so it wouldn't surprise me if this turns out to be correct. Villeneuve is also directing the Blade Runner sequel, which I'm in two minds about seeing. The original is one of my favourite films, so I'm worried about the prospect of a sequel breaking it.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

There are something like 5 versions of the original blade runner. Wasn’t the original ending questioning if Harrison Ford’s character was human?

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Omega wrote:There are something like 5 versions of the original blade runner. Wasn’t the original ending questioning if Harrison Ford’s character was human?
It was the director's cut and final cut (I haven't seen the European version or the workprint) which end that way. All three versions end with Gaff, played by Edward James Olmos,
Spoiler
handing Deckard an origami unicorn
, but there's no context to it in the original theatrical release. The director's ut, however, adds an earlier scene where Deckard
Spoiler
dreams about a unicorn
. The implication is that
Spoiler
Gaff knows what Deckard dreams about, because he is a replicant whose thoughts and memories have been programmed into him.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

bjmdds wrote:According to The Daily Mail, Sicario and Arrival helmer Villenueve is reportedly the favoured candidate for Daniel Craig, and has held meetings with Craig, Broccoli and producer Michael G. Wilson about boarding the film.
I would be surprised if they named a director before naming a distributor and partner.

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kingsman 2.

Great movie. Fun, over the top, gory, goes places Bond is afraid of. At times with Real emotion with real consequences.
BTW Welcome beck to Bond Halle Berry

Good crowd for the first showing on a Sunday. Bo mojo say $39 million they had said 40 earlier.

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:
Omega wrote:There are something like 5 versions of the original blade runner. Wasn’t the original ending questioning if Harrison Ford’s character was human?
It was the director's cut and final cut (I haven't seen the European version or the workprint) which end that way. All three versions end with Gaff, played by Edward James Olmos,
Spoiler
handing Deckard an origami unicorn
, but there's no context to it in the original theatrical release. The director's ut, however, adds an earlier scene where Deckard
Spoiler
dreams about a unicorn
. The implication is that
Spoiler
Gaff knows what Deckard dreams about, because he is a replicant whose thoughts and memories have been programmed into him.
I must of seen the directors cut. It was a big deal a few years ago with a special blu-ray with all the editions.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

IT's production budget was $35 million...................Worldwide: $478,038,881 and will go higher :!: :shock: That is some return on a paltry investment. Has this ever happened before?
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

bjmdds wrote:IT's production budget was $35 million...................Worldwide: $478,038,881 and will go higher :!: :shock: That is some return on a paltry investment. Has this ever happened before?
for Steven king and horror ? It might be a record.
For Hollywood
Deadpool was $58 million and made $783 million. Lost of 70’s a d 80’s movies beat this

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

The now defunct trade paper Screen International used to publish two year-end charts, one for the biggest-grossing movies and another one for the most profitable. Needless to say, the two charts looked very different.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Cr-egg's Logan Lucky looks all done after only grossing $40 million worldwide in 6 long weeks :!: The guy is a menace to box office grosses outside of Bond and it's still bewildering why he wasn't rejected by the masses from day one. Image
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Friday, September 22, 2017

Are football fans voting with their TVs?

As the National Football League struggles to explain this season’s downturn in viewer ratings, 34% of American adults say they are less likely to watch an NFL game because of the growing number of protests by players on the field. The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone and online survey finds that 12% are more likely to watch, while 50% say the protests have no impact on their viewing decisions.------------------I just spoke to someone who went to the NY JETS opening game here yesterday. He has gone to it the past 9 seasons. He was able to get $260.00 seats for $112.00 and he never saw so many empty seats on opening day like he saw yesterday :!: :up: These owners do not get it and it's the same mentality as the Hollywood elitists.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

One thing I don't get: I don't know much about sportsball, but I assume that to get onto a major league sportsball team, you have to be one of the best at sportsball. If the owners did fire the players, what are they going to do? Replace them with people who aren't as good, but more "patriotic"?
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

It will get worse Kris as this stupidity extends to other sports. One Oakland A's baseball player took a knee too yesterday. I doubt the hockey league teams start this nonsense. These athletes are basically protesting police incarcerating criminals. If a person breaks the law, they will be arrested, regardless of race.......period :!: