The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by bjmdds »

Comic Con news:BY GRAEME MCMILLAN 07.29.14 ----The tweets have spoken and according to the social media gods Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice was the most talked about thing at this year’s Comic-Con International in San Diego. The Zack Snyder-directed flick, however, is not stacking up to be the thing people actually intend to watch. That honor, according to new analysis of Twitter chatter during the con, goes to MTV’s Teen Wolf. Of the Dawn of Justice tweets, 73 percent were considered positive, according to Mashwork, but Way to Blue suggested only 10 percent—24,550—displayed an intent to view the movie itself, below both The Walking Dead (34,753 tweets intending-to-view) and Teen Wolf (30,244 tweets intending-to-view). That put the DC movie just slightly ahead of Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy, which opens this Friday and had 24,484 intent-to-view tweets (Guardians came in seventh on the overall buzz scale, just below the CW’s Supernatural). If there’s a lesson to learn from these results, it might be that not all publicity is really good publicity if it means that people are still more excited about television werewolves and zombies than your iconic cinematic clash—or, perhaps, simply that no one is really seriously considering going to see Ben Affleck (Batman) and Henry Cavill (Superman) frown at each other in the rain two years ahead of time. Better luck next time, Warner Bros....... (Our good buddy Ale is totally off base thinking Affleck and Eisenberg would be positive additions to Cavill's sequel. This will be one huge disaster for the studio and the casting director will find it hard to get another job after this debacle. I would only go to see this film if they paid ME to see it.)
Last edited by bjmdds on Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Image The new Wonder Woman......she looks better than Affleck in his costume :!:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Image Affleck's Batman has glowing eyeballs in this film. The teaser trailer from Comic Con: https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=d1c5d4ab ... lkdz39qq5o
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote:Maybe Pierce will excel more as a Bourne-ish vs. Bond-ish character now. :idea: The Rotten Tomatoes approval has risen from 86% to 90% that want to see November Man since the new trailer hit the internet. They have not placed it on tv yet so once they do, I expect the numbers to rise higher. http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_november_man/ Where's FBF? You must like what you are seeing now :!: Cr-egg is out of work and Pierce has more news in the spy genre than Eon right now :!:
I hope NM will reboot Pierce's career the way BB did for the bat.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I just went on Facebook, and one of the "sponsored links" at the side of the page was to an article entitled 12 Hollywood Stars Who Were Snubbed by the Tony Awards. Guess whose mug was illustrating the piece (clue: his name is in this website's title)?
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

Saw a picture of Daniel,Rachel and Henry(Rachel's son).Kid's growing up!
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
Alessandra
Pam Bouvier
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, Goldfinger, Goldeneye, Tomorrow Never Dies, The World is Not Enough, License to Kill, The Spy Who Loved Me.
Favorite Movies: Sabrina (the original), To Catch a Thief, Charade, High Society, Indiscreet. More recent: The Blind Side, Top Gun, Jerry Maguire, Someone Like You, Wolverine, Spy Game, Miami Vice, Fantastic Four, No Reservations, The Wedding Date, 27 Dresses, How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days, The Devil Wears Prada

Post by Alessandra »

bjmdds wrote:Comic Con news:BY GRAEME MCMILLAN 07.29.14 ----The tweets have spoken and according to the social media gods Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice was the most talked about thing at this year’s Comic-Con International in San Diego. The Zack Snyder-directed flick, however, is not stacking up to be the thing people actually intend to watch. That honor, according to new analysis of Twitter chatter during the con, goes to MTV’s Teen Wolf. Of the Dawn of Justice tweets, 73 percent were considered positive, according to Mashwork, but Way to Blue suggested only 10 percent—24,550—displayed an intent to view the movie itself, below both The Walking Dead (34,753 tweets intending-to-view) and Teen Wolf (30,244 tweets intending-to-view). That put the DC movie just slightly ahead of Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy, which opens this Friday and had 24,484 intent-to-view tweets (Guardians came in seventh on the overall buzz scale, just below the CW’s Supernatural). If there’s a lesson to learn from these results, it might be that not all publicity is really good publicity if it means that people are still more excited about television werewolves and zombies than your iconic cinematic clash—or, perhaps, simply that no one is really seriously considering going to see Ben Affleck (Batman) and Henry Cavill (Superman) frown at each other in the rain two years ahead of time. Better luck next time, Warner Bros....... (Our good buddy Ale is totally off base thinking Affleck and Eisenberg would be positive additions to Cavill's sequel. This will be one huge disaster for the studio and the casting director will find it hard to get another job after this debacle. I would only go to see this film if they paid ME to see it.)
I am not off base, the number speak, my friend. And Teen Wolf is one of the things that has the most people go to Comic Con so that's not surprising at all! :D

HIIII :D and always think of you all.

I had an interesting experience with someone I don't know well at all seeing a Cavill commercial for Superman and going "why isn't this guy James Bond instead of that old dude?" Me: "TELL ME about it!!!" :lol:

Have a wonderful day and don't cause too much damage :D
"Are we on coms?"
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Tennis must be keeping you quite busy with the US Open next in NYC. You are completely wrong with the STUPOR-MEN sequel my dear. Cavill is being screwed over royally by being involved with a moron like Affleck and all that crumb's acting resume brings with it. Captain America will beat it opening weekend in 2016 and then then it will be all front loaded with a comedic reaction to the Batman portrayal and Eisenberg will be an awful Lex Luthor. Get Cavill as Bond already and "release the Kraken" Bond known as Daniel Cr-egg from his ONLY remaining contract in Hollywood. Visit more often too.
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

Alessandra wrote:
bjmdds wrote:Comic Con news:BY GRAEME MCMILLAN 07.29.14 ----The tweets have spoken and according to the social media gods Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice was the most talked about thing at this year’s Comic-Con International in San Diego. The Zack Snyder-directed flick, however, is not stacking up to be the thing people actually intend to watch. That honor, according to new analysis of Twitter chatter during the con, goes to MTV’s Teen Wolf. Of the Dawn of Justice tweets, 73 percent were considered positive, according to Mashwork, but Way to Blue suggested only 10 percent—24,550—displayed an intent to view the movie itself, below both The Walking Dead (34,753 tweets intending-to-view) and Teen Wolf (30,244 tweets intending-to-view). That put the DC movie just slightly ahead of Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy, which opens this Friday and had 24,484 intent-to-view tweets (Guardians came in seventh on the overall buzz scale, just below the CW’s Supernatural). If there’s a lesson to learn from these results, it might be that not all publicity is really good publicity if it means that people are still more excited about television werewolves and zombies than your iconic cinematic clash—or, perhaps, simply that no one is really seriously considering going to see Ben Affleck (Batman) and Henry Cavill (Superman) frown at each other in the rain two years ahead of time. Better luck next time, Warner Bros....... (Our good buddy Ale is totally off base thinking Affleck and Eisenberg would be positive additions to Cavill's sequel. This will be one huge disaster for the studio and the casting director will find it hard to get another job after this debacle. I would only go to see this film if they paid ME to see it.)
I am not off base, the number speak, my friend. And Teen Wolf is one of the things that has the most people go to Comic Con so that's not surprising at all! :D

I had an interesting experience with someone I don't know well at all seeing a Cavill commercial for Superman and going "why isn't this guy James Bond instead of that old dude?" Me: "TELL ME about it!!!" :lol:

Heyyy, long time no see! Yeah, I love reading the ComiCon coverage at various websites(our local newspaper's coverage ain't sh!t)
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Alessandra wrote:

That old dude? Sums it up he looks much older than bond should even Brosnan and Dalton today look better to play a "mature" Bond which is what sky fall and the next ones are supposed to highlight according to rumors.

Hey I have a question I hope you know the answer to who owns the thunderball rights? MGM or Danjaq?
It's the old question if MGM owns half Danjaq and the rights to Cr and TB then they own more bond rights than the broccoli family
............ :007:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

bjmdds wrote:Image The new Wonder Woman......she looks better than Affleck in his costume :!:
of course she looks better.
She looks a bit xena not a bad look but maybe they should update the old look. Seems like they want a dark universe look.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote:Get Cavill as Bond already and "release the Kraken" Bond known as Daniel Cr-egg from his ONLY remaining contract in Hollywood.
BJ, please don't tell me you're rooting for that again. Bond is ancient history now and is past tense. We got NM, Kingsman, and M:I if you want the classic Bond.
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote:Image
This is what we all need.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

It won't happen with Cr-egg remaining but at some point Cavill will be considered for the role with other crumbs Broccoli develops a crush on. I am psyched to see this Brosnan film FBF and I think it could top $50 million here from Wednesday to Monday over the Labor Day holiday, and that would be darn great for an R rated spy film. When have we seen an R rated spy film in the past?
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

FormerBondFan wrote:
bjmdds wrote:Image
This is what we all need.
This picture should be your avatar FBF. It's the best one released and sums up his role perfectly :!: :up: :martini:
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote:It won't happen with Cr-egg remaining but at some point Cavill will be considered for the role with other crumbs Broccoli develops a crush on.

You're missing the point here BJ. Bond is not worth rooting for anymore. He is past tense even if DC leaves. If the general public accepts DC, then there's no place for the classic Bond actor anymore. Cavill should stay away from Bond and especially Queen B1tch Babs.
I am psyched to see this Brosnan film FBF and I think it could top $50 million here from Wednesday to Monday over the Labor Day holiday, and that would be darn great for an R rated spy film. When have we seen an R rated spy film in the past?
True Lies was rated R and listed in 1994's top 10 grossing films worldwide.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

FormerBondFan wrote:
bjmdds wrote:It won't happen with Cr-egg remaining but at some point Cavill will be considered for the role with other crumbs Broccoli develops a crush on.

You're missing the point here BJ. Bond is not worth rooting for anymore. He is past tense even if DC leaves. If the general public accepts DC, then there's no place for the classic Bond actor anymore. Cavill should stay away from Bond and especially Queen B1tch Babs.
I am psyched to see this Brosnan film FBF and I think it could top $50 million here from Wednesday to Monday over the Labor Day holiday, and that would be darn great for an R rated spy film. When have we seen an R rated spy film in the past?
True Lies was rated R and listed in 1994's top 10 grossing films worldwide.

Thing is back then Arnold was a big name and had a major studio behind him all the way. November man is a smaller independent sized film, I know it gets a wide release but not as wide if it were a sony production. Brosnan has created a great deal of buzz for it, even making comments about his bond not being as good as he wanted got him and his movie talked about for months now, especially in bond forums.
Opening weekend has to be big I seriously think this is one time all Brosnan and bond fans can show their power as a audience by showing up. IMO if it does well in the us and Canada the rest of the worlds markets will snap it up too. Except for china which limits the number of western films that and Brosnans film is so independent he won't edit it to make the Chinese government happy like eon did.

So yeah opening weekend has to happen big in a year where Bo is down big time Hollywood is looking for the sleeper hits.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

FormerBondFan wrote:
bjmdds wrote:Get Cavill as Bond already and "release the Kraken" Bond known as Daniel Cr-egg from his ONLY remaining contract in Hollywood.
BJ, please don't tell me you're rooting for that again. Bond is ancient history now and is past tense. We got NM, Kingsman, and M:I if you want the classic Bond.
Kingsman nobody else has talked about them , I said something when I saw the trailer but forgot until you brought them up.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Brosnan should do the talk skow circuits on tv 2 weeks prior to it's opening. I hope it is a smash hit :!: :yay: