The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Kristatos »

John P. Drake wrote:I've got a friend who has seen the film telling me it was total utter garbage. The new Star Wars film, that is.
Well, everyone is entitled to their opinion. Someone I work with saw it at a 3am screening before coming into work (brave man!) and he absolutely loved it.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

I’m kind of worried Disney doesn’t have the grapes to actually move the story forward on the main Star Wars story, some report a viewer could skip this episode and go to the final without missing anything. This makes me wonder if Disney is stuck rehashing the original trilogy instead of taking a risk.
On the other hand force awakens had to reset the universe to where it was 1983 because the prequels were so badly done. So hopefully that was a one off far as story telling goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

BTW I hear George Lucas is complementary about last Jedi which makes me worried since when he loves a film I usually don’t

John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Post by John P. Drake »

According to my friend, this film makes the prequel trilogy look like masterpieces, and he was quite pissed off about it, also adding that the potential of each character was wasted.

I myself am also suspecting Disney isn't moving the story forward. That's why I hate about modern films that don't really find the inspiration to let the chronicles thrive rather than leaving it where it was.

UPDATE: Apparently, it's another rehashing of The Force Awakens.
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

The FBF has 3 tickets. He will let us know the scoop.
Goldeneye
Site Admin

Post by Goldeneye »

bjmdds wrote:Good luck GE :!: It's hard raising parents. I did that for many years. Hang in there :!:
Thanks BJ. Great news this morning is she is alert essentially back to normal. Coming home tonight! Best we can figure is she took her morning meds then pulled a new medicine pill sick for the next day and took the next days morning pills as well. We organise her pills in a 31 day pill box, each date has a morning, noon, afternoon, and night pills. Yesterday she had the next day's pill box by her bedside with the morning dose missing. We think she forgot she already had the pills seeing the empty pill box pulled the next one.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Drug overdose GE. With older people that is an issue. Pills can kill in the wrong doses :!: -----------According to a recent study conducted on mice, just two tablespoons of canola oil per day can cause weight gain and severe progression of Alzheimer’s disease. The new results are calling into question previous recommendations of canola oil as a healthful alternative to saturated fats. “Canola oil is appealing because it is less expensive than other vegetable oils, and it is advertised as being healthy,” said lead researcher Domenico Praticò, M.D. “Very few studies, however, have examined that claim, especially in terms of the brain.”------these studies change year to year. Now canola "earl" is no good? :cuss:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Sorry to hear about your mom. Mine is currently in the early stages of dementia, maybe not quite as far gone as yours, but it's only a matter of time.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Disney acquires Fox. I wonder how it's going to affect franchises like Aliens and Predators.
John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Post by John P. Drake »

Disney is playing monopoly with the entertainment industry. One might think they're actually SPECTRE.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

John P. Drake wrote:Disney is playing monopoly with the entertainment industry. One might think they're actually SPECTRE.
Or run by Elliot Carver (who, of course, was based on Fox's previous owner, with a dash of Bill Gates thrown in for good measure).
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

FormerBondFan wrote:Disney acquires Fox. I wonder how it's going to affect franchises like Aliens and Predators.
Very good question FBF. Deadpool, Logan, X-men, die hard, planet of the apes, family guy, xfiles, kingsman, avatar, House, firefly, and thousands of others that will not mix with their family friendly image. I hope they keep fox a separate studio to keep making these shows and movies if they do like they’ve done before they drop a lot of things that don’t match their theme park image. But they’ve never made a deal this big either, they are buying 80 years of movie history.

They also get A new hope back and are the current us distributors of James Bond Blu-ray.

I think digitally they are going to fold most of this into their movies anywhere program which is great because it also has iTunes movies credited. They might just create a better system than ultraviolet.

John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

Kristatos wrote:
John P. Drake wrote:Disney is playing monopoly with the entertainment industry. One might think they're actually SPECTRE.
Or run by Elliot Carver (who, of course, was based on Fox's previous owner, with a dash of Bill Gates thrown in for good measure).
Haha, who knows? As if watching Disney Channel back in the day wasn't torture enough... :lol:
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

Going to get a few things done today so I have tomorrow free to see The Last Jedi :fight: :fight: :fight: :fight:
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Omega wrote:Very good question FBF. Deadpool, Logan, X-men, die hard, planet of the apes, family guy, xfiles, kingsman, avatar, House, firefly, and thousands of others that will not mix with their family friendly image. I hope they keep fox a separate studio to keep making these shows and movies if they do like they’ve done before they drop a lot of things that don’t match their theme park image. But they’ve never made a deal this big either, they are buying 80 years of movie history.
At least Marvel figures are united again. I can see Jimmy Cameron's Avatar being a part of Disney, especially since Jimmy himself licensed the Avatar land theme park idea to the Mouse. As for the others.....hmm.
They also get A new hope back and are the current us distributors of James Bond Blu-ray.
And to think DC's Bond as part of a family friendly image. :hair: Anybody can be Bond now.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

The red carpet will be all-black at the 2018 Golden Globes. Multiple sources confirm to PEOPLE that many major actresses — including presenters and nominees (Jessica Chastain, Meryl Streep and Emma Stone are among those nominated)— are planning to wear all-black looks as a symbol of protest against harassment in Hollywood. Sources say that this will start at the Golden Globes on Jan. 7, though it may extend throughout award season.--------Will they still knock Trump more than their own Hollywood producers? Expect long-winded speeches knocking men worldwide with low ratings :!: :Bonk:
John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

All America needs is to dethrone those idiots. They’ve spoken their half-witted minds for so long like belligerent oafs not just their ratings, but they value should drop below zilch.
Goldeneye
Site Admin

Post by Goldeneye »

Kristatos wrote:Sorry to hear about your mom. Mine is currently in the early stages of dementia, maybe not quite as far gone as yours, but it's only a matter of time.
Thank you Kirs, truly very sorry about your mom. Dementia is one of the cruelest.
We are luck so far she does not to have dementia what she does have is problems from the cocktail of drugs she is on. Not to go in to great detail she is physically disabled with a lot of pain management issues along with several serious aliments which the treatment side affects are pretty bad. Most of the medicine robs her of the higher cognitive functions she did routinely, mathematics and logic problems were pastimes, under medication it is impossible to concentrate on stuff like bills, insurance paper work, even filling in forms for Drs'.
Because of the winter storm last weekend we had people staying with us, they left late Tuesday night and she went to bed taking her evening pill several hours later compared to the normal time. What we think happened was she woke up about 5am in pain so took her morning regiment which should have been fine then fell back to sleep waking several hours later assuming she had the wrong pill case for the day she took another set of morning drugs. She can't remember right now if this is what happened of not.
bjmdds wrote:Drug overdose GE. With older people that is an issue. Pills can kill in the wrong doses :!: -----------According to a recent study conducted on mice, just two tablespoons of canola oil per day can cause weight gain and severe progression of Alzheimer’s disease. The new results are calling into question previous recommendations of canola oil as a healthful alternative to saturated fats. “Canola oil is appealing because it is less expensive than other vegetable oils, and it is advertised as being healthy,” said lead researcher Domenico Praticò, M.D. “Very few studies, however, have examined that claim, especially in terms of the brain.”------these studies change year to year. Now canola "earl" is no good? :cuss:
Yes. It was a bad time of hallucinations and delusions, one of us was constantly at the bedside holding hands trying to calm her each time she screamed out. For hours she was dizzy, felt like she was falling, thought people were trying to talk with her about something, would laugh at something funny nobody said. As the day wore on she became more clear headed understanding she was not rational trying to correct how she was reacting, I don't think this helps much when the mind is demanding something is happening right in front of your eyes. A number of her medications have very bad side affects, if the disease was not worse I doubt anybody would willingly take the cure.
For whatever reason she was not metabolizing the drugs well yesterday, by 6 to 8 hours she should have been coming out of it and was not, this is why we took her to the hospital, there is a treatment for this but it has to be given through IV to make a real difference. We had a very close eye on blood pressure, oxygenation, pulse, blood sugar. The only other thing we could do was go to the hospital, a nurse recommended keeping her where she was comfortable and hydrated letting this run its course. The trauma of going to the hospital was a great burden for us to accept because she reacts to it so badly to being in that situation. One of the most exasperating days in our lives but we are grateful this situation is ending well. :cheers:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

It's not just older people who suffer. I remember one time back in the States when my wife was suffering from insomnia and her doctor prescribed her a drug called Lunesta. It was only a course of 7 tablets, 1 per night, but by the end of that week, she was like a zombie. She was rambling incoherently, driving erratically and so on. It almost cost her her job; it could have cost her her life. I don't think it's even available in the UK, but I'm not sure about that. Either way, if you can't sleep, don't take Lunesta. This has been a public service announcement.
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

I find that a bit of yoga helps when I have insomnia.Relaxes me (and quickly,too)
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol: