The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

Noticed a interesting trend, wb is talking new Batman and joker casting although Affleck denies he says he is still playing bats.
Joker Origin is a bad idea IMO.
New Batman couldn't go wrong. What's his face the joker from suicide squad wouldn't be missed either. I know he's a big method actor who was very "in@ to his role but he was a small in retrospect minor part to be living his role is stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by FormerBondFan »

Jared Leto's Joker doesn't make any sense and tries too much to sound like Heath's. An insane man like him wouldn't have those kinds of tattoos.
Last edited by FormerBondFan on Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

bjmdds wrote:Frank Vincent, known for portraying Phil Leotard on “The Sopranos,” has died, his “Sopranos” co-star Vincent Pastore announced on Facebook. He was 78.

TMZ reports that he died due to complications of heart surgery after a heart attack.
RIP Frank who was a great character actor due to his distinctive looks. He will be remembered for his famous shoebox line.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

FormerBondFan wrote:Jared Leto's Joker doesn't make any sense and tries too much to sound like Heath's. An insane man like him would've have those kinds of tattoos.
yes he did. I don't have a problem with tattoos he hammed it up too much. Bye they way were the feminists to complain about Harley Quinn's origin story?

FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

:mrgreen: :lol:
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Toronto Film Festival----Peter Bradshaw: Wednesday 13 September 2017: Kings review – "Halle Berry and Daniel Craig (Obie) fail to ignite baffling LA riots drama" :!: --Vulture.com: "What the Hell Is Daniel Craig Doing in This L.A. Riots Movie?" : Jada Yuan----Indiewire.com: David Ehrlich: "Craig displays a bedraggled English swagger, and we’re left to wonder what movie it is that we’re even watching anymore." ----Variety.com: Millie (Berry) lives next door to Obie, a 'boozed-up loon' played by Daniel Craig-----------another Cr-egg BOMB :!: :ROFL: Broccoli gave this clown the gift of gifts by casting him, when EVERYWHERE else, time and time again, he fails :!: :Bonk:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Improvised "terrorist" bomb on packed London commuter train injures 22 :!: A home-made bomb on a packed rush-hour commuter train in London engulfed a carriage in flames and injured 22 people on Friday in what police said was Britain's fifth terrorism incident this year, but apparently failed to fully explode :!:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

The Foreigner has a US release date, October 13th. No word of a UK date as yet.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Four American tourists were doused in acid by a woman outside a train station in France– with two suffering burns to their faces, according to local reports. The tourists, all in their 20s, were heading from Marseilles to Paris when a 41-year-old woman hurled hydrochloric acid at them shortly after 11 a.m. :cuss:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Watch Colbert win an Emmy tonight because he hates Trump. His career was over, until he started bashing Trump nightly so his liberal minions would watch him. He is again in 3rd place anyway in the 18-49 category nightly behind Kimmel and Fallon, all 3 of which are pathetic at what they do :!:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Didn't watch. Don't really care. Colbert and others get vitriolic at their own peril. Over half the potential audience are Alienated. Sports stars don't usually do this until they retire for a reason. I don't necessarily believe these actors actually believe what they say anymore than they do when they are in a movie.

Bo this weekend IT brought home $60 million !!!!!

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

The WWE announced Sunday that Bobby “The Brain” Heenan, a longtime manager and announcer, had passed away at the age of 73. Tributes flowed online to one of the most legendary figures in the history of pro wrestling.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Deadline.com: Emmys TV Review: Donald Trump Overkill Stains Stephen Colbert’s Hosting Debut: Stephen Colbert was the host of the 69th annual Primetime Emmy Awards on CBS tonight, and The Handmaid’s Tale was a big winner. But it was Donald Trump who was more often in the spotlight in a case of glaring overkill.-------------Emmy Awards Ratings Hit Low On Trump-Bashing Night :!: :up:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Good quote from Seth MacFarland
When that didn’t pan out, the idea for The Orville was born. He likens it to how Iron Man filled the void left by the James Bond franchise when the Daniel Craig movies took a much more serious turn than previous Bond films.

“If you look at the Iron Man franchise,” MacFarlane says, ”at a certain point, James Bond decided to do something alternative to what James Bond had traditionally done, and it opened the window for somebody else to sort of step in. I feel like that’s sort of what Iron Man did. That Iron Man sort of said, “Hey, you know, if James Bond is doing something new at this point, why don’t we do James Bond?” In many ways, that’s how I feel about the type of science fiction in this show.

Napoleon Solo
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love

Post by Napoleon Solo »

re: Emmys. Roger Moore was included in the In Memoriam segment, with an image of him as Simon Templar (looking up at the halo over his head). Others in the segment included Robert Vaughn, Martin Landau and Mike Connors.
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

Paul Haggis is going to be on tonight's episode of Leah Remini:Scientology and the aftermath(only tangentially Bond related I know)
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Image Another passion of mine is harness racing. :up:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Hermione and the Beast is currently the best-performing movie of the year both domestically and internationally, according to Box Office Mojo. But out of morbid curiosity, I looked to see what was at the bottom of the 2017 chart so far. That honour goes to something called Max & Leon, which has made a grand total of $543 worldwide! And no, I'm not missing some zeroes off the end.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Max and Léon's adventures, two childhood friends idle and party-goer, who are trying to escape the Second World War. Image Release Dates
France 27 August 2016 (Festival du Film Francophone d'Angoulême)
France 1 November 2016
Switzerland 2 November 2016 (French speaking region)
Germany 27 April 2017
Portugal 18 May 2017 --- David Marsais ... Max
Grégoire Ludig ... Léon [video][/video]
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Gil Cates, who produced 14 Academy Award shows once said “I want people to express themselves on the show, but I don’t think our audience wants political noise.”