The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:I just watched an old episode of Hammer House of Horror featuring a very young Pierce Brosnan in a bit part. I think he only had about 4 lines of dialogue.
I thought hammer films were a1960s thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Omega wrote:
Kristatos wrote:I just watched an old episode of Hammer House of Horror featuring a very young Pierce Brosnan in a bit part. I think he only had about 4 lines of dialogue.
I thought hammer films were a1960s thing

HHoH was a TV series made in 1980. It only lasted one season, but was replaced for a second season by Hammer House of Mystery and Suspense. I've never seen the latter, but it is generally regarded as inferior.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

An autopsy determined former MLB pitcher Roy Halladay died from blunt force trauma and drowning after the plane he was piloting crashed into the Gulf of Mexico Nov. 7. The autopsy, acquired by TMZ Sports and the Tampa Bay Times, also revealed Halladay had traces of three prescription drugs in his system, including morphine. Halladay's blood-alcohol content level was 0.01, but he had morphine, :hair: amphetamines :hair: and zolpidem :hair: — the generic name for Ambien, used to treat insomnia — in his system :!: Witnesses noticed Halladay's plane flying erratically prior to the crash and federal aviation investigators determined Halladay performed steep turns in his two-seat plane just off the coast near New Port Richey, Fla.---------this moron was flying a plane under the influence of these drugs and alcohol :?: :!:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Legendary singer-songwriter Tom Petty died from "an accidental drug overdose" due to taking several medications, his family has said in a statement. "Our family sat together this morning with the Medical Examiner – Coroner’s office and we were informed of their final analysis that Tom Petty passed away due to an accidental drug overdose as a result of taking a variety :hair: of medications," the family wrote in a Facebook post Friday. Unfortunately Tom’s body suffered from many serious ailments including emphysema, knee problems and most significantly a fractured hip. -------another moron who abused his body with drugs :!: Elvis too :!: Cassidy too :!:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Sounds like they were prescription drugs, rather than self-medication.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

It does sound like it was prescribed drug interaction over self medicated, well until they say what drugs it was.

The MLB pitcher was d**n near a suicide with those drugs.

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

Federal government has out run its approved spending authorization. Technically this is a government shut down.
Be interesting to see how the Trump admin implements it, even though it’s called a shut down a lot of the government stays working.
Obama admin had a order to make the shut down “hurt”, which meant they tried to close as much as they could, famously fencing off open areas in federal parks and park rangers (who should of been furloughed) with guns chasing off people.
Federal employees and hundreds of millions with federal pensions could be hurt if they don’t get their next payments.
I don’t mean this post as political, it’s a major event impacting a lot of families.

Here is what is being reported for government agency shut downs according to the WSJ.

State Department, EPA, National Parks are not shutting down, defense Department is staying at almost 100%, a lot of other departments are not shutting down either. Social security payments will continue and 53000 Social Security employees still come to work.
National museums and the Smithsonian stay open.
IRS stays open but stop audits and does not issue refunds until funding is approved.
Medicare payments continue, department of Health and Human Services staff are furloughed.

All federal employees show up for four hours to find out if the are furloughed, in the past all employees who were furloughed received back pay some doubt if that would happen again.

I think it will because politically it’s too hot, how many families can come out with true sob stories?
Also last time Federal Credit unions were authorized to issue loans to federal employees to cover their next few pay checks.

Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

Atticus wrote: Doctor Who’s outgoing head writer Steven Moffat earlier this month revealed that Brexit voters delayed the protagonist’s gender swap, stating that he feared the change would alienate “Daily Mail-reading viewers”.
This is why I am so happy Steven Moffat is not longer involved with Doctor Who. Before he was show runner I thought he might do a better job than he did. His short story for Decalogue 3 was brilliant, his efforts as show runner left a lot to be desired and a universe of plot holes. Steven casting the Doctor I believe was better than RTD, Matt Smith and Peter Capaldi were good choices even if Matt took awhile to grow into the role. Peter was really brilliant and easily a top choice in my best Dcotors list. The one misfire was the end of the Clara arc, mind rape again and the bloody Valeyard, again this in on Steven Moffat.

Twice Upon a Time was enjoyable, easily showing off why Peter Capaldi was so good as the Doctor. Jodie's first moments were good, apparently the first Doctor left the no chicks setting on the TARDIS console and she was ejected to her presumable death. My issue with casting Jodie is more the BBC, if this kind of casting were done in the classic series I believe it would be done better. BBC will push politicization, along with a new show runner who wants to shake it up they may kill the series again. Maybe not. If they try to do another earth bound series like they did with Jon Pertwee this will hurt the series. I'm also concerned at the purging Doctor Who staff
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I can understand a new showrunner wanting to bring his own people with him. Chibnall has been showrunner on 4 shows before Doctor Who, and tends to use the same people. It does mean that one of my wife's piano students, who works as a make-up artist on the show, no longer has a job there, even though he also worked on Broadchurch.

I too hope we won't get a feminist lecture every episode, though I will wait and see before passing judgement. I do like Jodie, she is obviously enthusiastic about the role and what we've seen so far suggest that she will be a "fun" Doctor like Tom Baker or Matt Smith, rather than an angst-ridden one like Christopher Eccleston or, at times, Peter Capaldi.
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

:fight: Went to the new Star Wars, not sure why everyone is upset. Standard fare Star Wars just not done as well as the originals. Maybe I'm cynical I do believe Disney will remake episodes VII VII IX, probably use George Lucas story's for the remakes maybe even allowing him direct. Althou despite his claims George may have never written those episodes. Plenty of evidence with his prequels that the stories he said he was working on since 1983 were actually thrown together last minute before filming.

As for the latest movie I actually found Rey the most annoying. She was questionable in previous movie, kind of shaky, trembling like scared Chihuahua in every critical scene nothing else notable about her performance. As a replacement for the Luke Skywalker hero in this trilogy she was decent in a run of the mill way, in the latest Star wars she is annoying more than anything. I do think there was a huge opportunity with Carrie Fisher's passing, if they had edited the movie Princess Leia's death could have been monumental to the series.
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

Kristatos wrote:I can understand a new showrunner wanting to bring his own people with him. Chibnall has been showrunner on 4 shows before Doctor Who, and tends to use the same people. It does mean that one of my wife's piano students, who works as a make-up artist on the show, no longer has a job there, even though he also worked on Broadchurch.

I too hope we won't get a feminist lecture every episode, though I will wait and see before passing judgement. I do like Jodie, she is obviously enthusiastic about the role and what we've seen so far suggest that she will be a "fun" Doctor like Tom Baker or Matt Smith, rather than an angst-ridden one like Christopher Eccleston or, at times, Peter Capaldi.
I like Jodi as well, she was not well served by whoever approved the 'don't be scared of my gender' introduction as if she is addressing a room of Time Tots. The BBC does have an agenda doing this now, they lacked the courage 40 years ago when it would be monumental and significant casting. Hopefully the showrunner does not have any agenda more complicated than making decent television. His biggest acclaim is Broadchurch, history with Torchwood and writing episodes of Doctor Who are why he was approached to run Doctor Who. 42, The Hungry Earth, Cold Blooded, Dinosaurs on a Spaceship were good, the Power of 3 was just OK.
Understandable wanting to purge the wings before taking over the show, only a lot of these talented people were there are a very good reasons, my instant reaction is a lot of very good talent needed by Doctor Who will be lost. I'm also concerned he is purging because he wants to make drastic changes and does not want a peanut gallery of seasoned crew questioning him. However RTD & Moffat made a bunch of blunders moving away from that kid of half arsed management for planned story arcs my be a good thing.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

An on-going legal battle between Depp and his management company, The Management Group (TMG), reveals the star spends a bundle on an extravagant lifestyle — as much as $2 million a month, according to a previous episode of CNBC's "The Filthy Rich Guide," which explores the issue.

Here are a few things that constitute Depp's monthly bills, according to the lawsuit:

$30,000 on wine
$300,000 on staff, including 40 full-time employees
$150,000 on security for himself and his family
$200,000 for a private jet
But the actor has also been know to splurge big.

According to TMG, Depp spent more than $75 million to buy and furnish 14 residences, including an entire village in France. Depp is now trying to unload the town, which features a church, a restaurant and several houses, for $63 million.-------this bum has the audacity to talk liberal politics as a man of the people? :shock: Although the liberal actor has exhibited opposition to global warming in the past, a recent lawsuit reveals how little he allows his green activism to affect his personal lifestyle :!: According to the complaint, Depp also owned a steam-powered 156-foot yacht with a “multi-national crew of eight” employees :!: Image
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

She was shut out in the Golden Globes and the SAG awards already. Now, it does NOT look like Annette Bening will even be nominated for best actress in Broccoli's unwatched masterpiece at the Oscars this year :!: :clap: Barbie's payoffs just did not work, nor did she even get any recognition for her talent, or lack of, on “Film Stars Don’t Die in Liverpool” :!: :ROFL: Image
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Drepp spends $300k a month or a year? Average salary would be $7500 a month, $90k a year!

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

A month big O :!: Nice salaries to his employees.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

If it's true, that is. It comes from a management company that is countersuing him after he sued them for cheating him out of money, so not exactly an unbiased source.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

The way Depp acts the management company and his ex wife can get away characterizing him however they want.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

My Patriots are going back to the Superbowl in 2 weeks :!: :clap: Image
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

In July 2013, a team of scientists examined 64 wild Alaskan salmon. After filleting the musculature into narrow slices, the scientists observed these and the internal organs of each fish under a magnifying glass. They discovered larvae, between 8 and 15 millimeters long, that continually elongated and contracted (as worms are known to do). With gene sequencing, they were identified as Japanese tapeworms. Based on the study results, four species of Pacific salmon are known to carry Japanese tapeworm infections: chum salmon, masu salmon, pink salmon and sockeye salmon. Because these salmon are exported on ice -- unfrozen -- and then appear in restaurants around the world, infections caused by the Japanese tapeworm may occur anywhere, from China to Europe, from New Zealand to Ohio.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:My Patriots are going back to the Superbowl in 2 weeks :!: :clap: Image
I thought New York and Boston were deadly rivals?