The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Napoleon Solo
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Napoleon Solo »

"Bored She Hung Herself," the "lost" episode of Hawaii Five-O has surfaced on YouTube again. View it before it gets yanked again.

bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

NBC’s shows mostly dipped vs. a week ago as well, with “Will & Grace” taking the biggest hit. Its 2.0 was down a full point from last week’s premiere. :Happy:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

[video][/video]
'Goodfellas' actor Charles Low, Robert De Niro's buddy, dead at 89 :!:
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

Napoleon Solo wrote:About that lack of a Bond 25 distributor

http://bit.ly/2yuzRD4
good solid reporting. Nice if the mi6 guys to put all of the delay on MGMs head, we all
Know or at least suspect any delays are actually eon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Omega wrote:
Napoleon Solo wrote:About that lack of a Bond 25 distributor

http://bit.ly/2yuzRD4
good solid reporting. Nice if the mi6 guys to put all of the delay on MGMs head, we all
Know or at least suspect any delays are actually eon.

Don't you know Big O, it's always MGM's fault because EON can do no wrong!

As to the possibility that EON may sell their Bond rights, forget it! Unless Babz completely takes leave of her senses that will never happen, even she isn't delusional enough to believe she can produce one let alone several successful films without a ready made rabid fan base. Maybe just maybe she would be willing to let somebody come in and run it for her, but to walk away from Bond completely is out of the question, it's the only thing keeping her relevant in Hollywood.
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Kristatos wrote:Blade Runner 2049 is projected to make $51 million domestic and $100 million worldwide on its opening weekend. I was a bit wary of this, because sequels made so long after the original don't exactly have a great track record. But this one has been gathering 5-star reviews like nobody's business, so I may have to give it a go.
Though it has enjoyed strong critical reception and a thumbs up from early audiences, Warner Bros./Alcon's "Blade Runner 2049" is pacing for a surprisingly "poor" opening weekend at the box office, looking at a $35-36 million debut after taking in $12.7 million from 4,058 screens on Friday :!:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:
Kristatos wrote:Blade Runner 2049 is projected to make $51 million domestic and $100 million worldwide on its opening weekend. I was a bit wary of this, because sequels made so long after the original don't exactly have a great track record. But this one has been gathering 5-star reviews like nobody's business, so I may have to give it a go.
Though it has enjoyed strong critical reception and a thumbs up from early audiences, Warner Bros./Alcon's "Blade Runner 2049" is pacing for a surprisingly "poor" opening weekend at the box office, looking at a $35-36 million debut after taking in $12.7 million from 4,058 screens on Friday :!:
I was about to post the same thing. Well, if it's any consolation, the original flopped on its initial release too, only coming to be recognised as a classic later on.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

“Harrison plays Indiana Jones, that I can certainly say,” screenwriter David Koepp, who has penned a script for the fifth film in the storied Indiana Jones franchise, tells EW. “And the Shia LaBeouf character is not in the film.” :up: “We’re plugging away at it. In terms of when we would start, I think that’s up to Mr. Spielberg and Mr. Ford,” he continues, playfully teasing that the plot will involve “some precious artifact that they’re all looking for” throughout the film. “I know we’ve got a script we’re mostly happy with. Work will be endless, of course, and ongoing, and Steven just finished shooting The Post …. If the stars align, hopefully it’ll be his next film.”
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Michelle Monaghan, whose character married Tom Cruise’s Ethan Hunt in Mission: Impossible III and who made another appearance Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol, is returning for Paramount and Skydance’s next iteration of the franchise.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Despite critical praise and optimistic tracking, Warner Bros./Alcon/Columbia's "Blade Runner 2049" has crashed hard at the box office, grossing just $31.5 million in its opening weekend from 4,058 screens against a reported budget of $150 million.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:Despite critical praise and optimistic tracking, Warner Bros./Alcon/Columbia's "Blade Runner 2049" has crashed hard at the box office, grossing just $31.5 million in its opening weekend from 4,058 screens against a reported budget of $150 million.
I still want to see it, though.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

I want to see it too. But I need to rewatch the first movie to get back into that world.

I think the BO reflects despite the cult status blade runner never achieved widespread popularity. Well not enough of it to power a sequel 35 years after the first. Side from anniversary movie releases it’s not been a franchise people think about often.

BTW the 1998 movie Soldier was supposed to have the blade runner world as a back drop. The writer I think was the same and his vision was if the story had gone back to earth it’d be that world. Of course the story revolves around a junk yard world and a few space ships. Still Good underaged movie .

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Harvey Weinstein has unmasked so much of bias and double standard in the media. A sexual predator was given add and comfort enabling him for decades more. The times made deal with him, Hollywood stars called reporters to put pressure on them to keep quiet.
The people who supposedly lead the effort against this kind of harassment are at the heart of keep Harvey in power. They also helped Cosby for decades it was only a comedian and social media that brought Cosby to court.

Bill Clinton is next. At least for my generation we are not so enamored with the Clinton dynasty to turn a blind eye to his legacy of abuse. Might not happen in his lifetime but I think he will be remembered for what he is.

To turn this back toward bond, if those rumors are true about Craig demanding a star sleep with him he ought to be sweating right about now. Although Hollywood still might circle the wagons and intimidate reporters to protect him.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

[video][/video] FBF will buy his tickets early :!:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Meryl Streep on Trump: "This instinct to humiliate..it filters down." ----Streep 2012: "I just want to thank my agent & God -- Harvey Weinstein" :!:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

In a study published on The Conversation, Dawson and Al-Jeddawi found that ice and drink garnishes used in many eating and drinking establishments are not only dirty, but also may be dangerous to our health. That’s because these items can carry dangerous bacteria and viruses that could make people very ill, thanks to poor food handling practices. Researchers conducted experiments to figure out if hands contaminated with E. coli — you know, that nasty bacteria that can make you seriously sick with diarrhea, vomiting and cramps, and in more serious cases can cause kidney failure and even death — could transfer to lemon and ice. They found that if lemons were wet, the E. coli bacteria transferred “100 percent of the time.” Terrifying! The same happened with ice. If the lemons were dry, the bacteria only transferred 30 percent of the time, which is still very troubling. This research correlates with a 2007 study finding that nearly 70 percent of lemon slices used to make drinks from 21 restaurants in a New Jersey city produced microbial growth. :hair: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I think the message is that if you never eat or drink anything ever again, you'll be safe.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:Meryl Streep on Trump: "This instinct to humiliate..it filters down." ----Streep 2012: "I just want to thank my agent & God -- Harvey Weinstein" :!:
Yeah, I was reading a news story this morning. Streep's view on Weinstein is a little less flattering now than it was 5 years ago. The story also said that Emma Thompson threatened to leave Brideshead Revisited after he made unflattering comments about Hayley Atwell's weight. Such a gentleman.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Image The real Cr-egg.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

ESPN's "Monday Night Football" recorded its "lowest ratings of the season" :ROFL: despite a close game between the Chicago Bears and Minnesota Vikings and the premiere of the highly anticipated "Star Wars: The Last Jedi" trailer during halftime. According to preliminary ratings provided by Nielsen Media Research, the Vikings' 20-17 victory in Chicago was down 17 percent from last week's last-minute 29-20 victory by the unbeaten Kansas City Chiefs over the Washington Redskins. The day before, NBC's "Sunday Night Football" also hit a season-low for the matchup between the Chiefs and Houston Texans, with a relatively small 11.9 million viewers tuning in among adults in the 18–49 demographic that advertisers covet most.................result: In an apparent victory for President Trump, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell has sent a letter to all 32 teams making it clear he wants players to stand during the national anthem :!: :Happy: :clap: :happy spin: