The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:01 pm Give James Bond cool gadgets again: https://www.polygon.com/23593284/give-j ... ain-please

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
But Kris, as Babz says, "how can we do that in the era of cell phones?"
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Ahead of a new trailer reveal for The Flash at the Super Bowl 2023, a rumor has started to circulate about Christian Bale returning as Batman at the end of the movie. The potential leak comes from YouTube creator Grace Randolph, who said that Warner Bros. are trying to secure a deal with a former Batman actor, to cameo at the conclusion of The Flash film.
Irony-Man2
Lieutenant

Post by Irony-Man2 »

dirtybenny wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 2:23 am
Kristatos wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:01 pm Give James Bond cool gadgets again: https://www.polygon.com/23593284/give-j ... ain-please

But Kris, as Babz says, "how can we do that in the era of cell phones?"
I think it was in the Bond continuation novel "Carte Blanche" that most of Bond's gadgets were Q designed apps on his smart phone. It was boring AF!
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:Ahead of a new trailer reveal for The Flash at the Super Bowl 2023, a rumor has started to circulate about Christian Bale returning as Batman at the end of the movie. The potential leak comes from YouTube creator Grace Randolph, who said that Warner Bros. are trying to secure a deal with a former Batman actor, to cameo at the conclusion of The Flash film.
Well, Michael Keaton is in the trailer, and the film is setting up a DC multiverse, so this rumour seems highly plausible.

"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:Did she really Die Another Day and come back looking like this? Image
Sorry if this is necro-posting, but I've only just seen this:Image

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Kraven star Aaron Taylor-Johnson finally broke his silence after months of rumors regarding him joining the next James Bond project. Speaking with Vanity Fair, Taylor-Johnson called the speculation "flattering." He said despite all the whispers, it's important to "stay grounded" and not "[believe] the sh-t people say about you. It’s flattering. You can have something really positive [written about you], but you can also have something really negative that can circulate. You just want to stay in your lane, stay grounded, stay around the people that you love and love you back, and stay in that world. Because the moment you start believing the sh-t people say about you, you’ve lost your f--king mind. You’ve lost it."-------another foul mouthed Cr-egg-like loser that would be another uncouth ambassador for the franchise.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania has gotten off to a rough start, reaching a low for the Marvel Cinematic Universe in terms of audience score. Marvel Studios has high hopes for Ant-Man 3 to be the next big step in the franchise’s journey through the MCU's Multiverse Saga, especially with it pitting Team Ant-Man against Kang the Conqueror. But while the stakes seem higher in this movie than in any previous Ant-Man movie to date, the threequel hasn’t gotten off to a great start in terms of fan reception. Coming with high expectations as the first movie in Phase 5, some fans and critics have already shared disappointment in the way Ant-Man 3 kicks off this new slate. Things have even gotten so bad that it started off in a tie for the worst Tomatometer score from Rotten Tomatoes in MCU history, which has since dropped even lower in the following days.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Indy 5 mini trailer:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

The former CEO of the Hollywood giant Paramount has said the movie industry is dead and will not come back to life. Barry Diller said the hay day of Hollywood will not return and the Oscars are also in terminal decline. He said the Academy Awards were no longer popular among viewers because there has been a growing disconnect between the movies people like and the ones that win awards. He cited the so-called Riseborough Affair as an example. For the 2023 Oscars, a British actress Andrea Riseborough is nominated for best actress for her performance in a movie that made only around $27,000 in theaters. Diller said nobody knows who this actress is and it is causing audiences to lose interest. “There was a real correlation between popular movies and the giving of blessings on those movies and the people in them. But that disappeared a while ago, and the awards went to movies that nobody watched, nobody went to see,” Diller said.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote: He cited the so-called Riseborough Affair as an example. For the 2023 Oscars, a British actress Andrea Riseborough is nominated for best actress for her performance in a movie that made only around $27,000 in theaters. Diller said nobody knows who this actress is and it is causing audiences to lose interest. “There was a real correlation between popular movies and the giving of blessings on those movies and the people in them. But that disappeared a while ago, and the awards went to movies that nobody watched, nobody went to see,” Diller said.
Not quite true, I'd heard of her. I've seen her in a couple of things. But Diller seems to be ignoring the fact that two of last year's highest-grossing movies, Top Gun 2 and Avatar 2, both have multiple Oscar nominations. His criticism had some validity in previous years (though that may have been to do with the quality of the blockbusters on offer), but this year, I think they've done a fairly decent job of balancing awards for commercially successful movies with their traditional role of giving a signal boost to lesser-known films. It would devalue the Oscars if they were only given out to films that made shedloads of money, like some Regional Sales Manager of the Year award.

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

LATEST BOND NEWS! There is no Bond news:

https://www.gamesradar.com/bond-26-upda ... no-script/

dirtybenny
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 3:36 pm LATEST BOND NEWS! There is no Bond news:

https://www.gamesradar.com/bond-26-upda ... no-script/

"We don't even have a script yet." How can they? They haven't started filming yet!
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

This is all part of her exotic plan to extend Cr-egg's tenure as long as she possibly can. Her heart is NOT into a new Bond actor nor a film. Amazon is enabling her sick fantasy of Cr-egg to linger on. Since October 2005 Broccoli has had nothing on her mind except her creation and she just cannot let go, and it is evidence of a deeply disturbed individual who has no business running this franchise.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:47 am This is all part of her exotic plan to extend Cr-egg's tenure as long as she possibly can. Her heart is NOT into a new Bond actor nor a film. Amazon is enabling her sick fantasy of Cr-egg to linger on. Since October 2005 Broccoli has had nothing on her mind except her creation and she just cannot let go, and it is evidence of a deeply disturbed individual who has no business running this franchise.
That and the fact that she obviously regards producing Bond films as a chore, something she does to fund the films she really wants to make. Her interviews give me the impression that her script meetings are all "How can Bond remain relevant in the modern world? What anxieties can we tap into? What areas of Bond's psyche can we explore?" Whereas in Cubby's day, it was more like "Hey, we've never been to India! Let's do one in India!"
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

When it comes to James Bond, it was a no-go for Liam Neeson. In a new interview with Rolling Stone, the action star cleared up rumors that he was slated to take on the role of 007 in the early '90s, and shared why his late wife, Natasha Richardson, changed his mind about playing Agent 007.

"I was not offered James Bond. I know the Broccolis. They looked at a bunch of actors. Schindler’s List had come out and Barbara [Broccoli] had called me a couple of times to ask if I was interested, and I said, 'Yes, I would be interested,'" Neeson recalls of being approached for 1995's Goldeneye. "And then my lovely wife [Natasha Richardson], God rest her soul, said to me while we were shooting Nell down in the Carolinas, 'Liam, I want to tell you something: If you play James Bond, we’re not getting married.'"
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:41 pm When it comes to James Bond, it was a no-go for Liam Neeson. In a new interview with Rolling Stone, the action star cleared up rumors that he was slated to take on the role of 007 in the early '90s, and shared why his late wife, Natasha Richardson, changed his mind about playing Agent 007.

"I was not offered James Bond. I know the Broccolis. They looked at a bunch of actors. Schindler’s List had come out and Barbara [Broccoli] had called me a couple of times to ask if I was interested, and I said, 'Yes, I would be interested,'" Neeson recalls of being approached for 1995's Goldeneye. "And then my lovely wife [Natasha Richardson], God rest her soul, said to me while we were shooting Nell down in the Carolinas, 'Liam, I want to tell you something: If you play James Bond, we’re not getting married.'"
I know Neeson has done action films, but I've never really seen him as Bond, to be honest.
dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:27 am
bjmdds wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:47 am This is all part of her exotic plan to extend Cr-egg's tenure as long as she possibly can. Her heart is NOT into a new Bond actor nor a film. Amazon is enabling her sick fantasy of Cr-egg to linger on. Since October 2005 Broccoli has had nothing on her mind except her creation and she just cannot let go, and it is evidence of a deeply disturbed individual who has no business running this franchise.
That and the fact that she obviously regards producing Bond films as a chore, something she does to fund the films she really wants to make. Her interviews give me the impression that her script meetings are all "How can Bond remain relevant in the modern world? What anxieties can we tap into? What areas of Bond's psyche can we explore?" Whereas in Cubby's day, it was more like "Hey, we've never been to India! Let's do one in India!"
Exactly this! Cubby released films every two years like clockwork no matter what the conditions. His huge star (Connery) walks away? Two years later OHMSS. The replacement bolts (Lazenby)? Two years later DAF. Connery jumps overboard again? Two years later LALD. His beloved star ages out of the role (Moore) and the replacement is trapped in a T.V. contract (Brosnan)? TWO YEARS LATER LTK!

Babz on the other hand can't get a script written before she starts shooting, despite 4 years in between! How do you say "can't be arsed?"
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Can't argue with much of this article: https://screenrant.com/james-bond-26-da ... erent-how/

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Finally:

Jason
Lieutenant

Post by Jason »

Kristatos wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:50 pm
bjmdds wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:41 pm When it comes to James Bond, it was a no-go for Liam Neeson. In a new interview with Rolling Stone, the action star cleared up rumors that he was slated to take on the role of 007 in the early '90s, and shared why his late wife, Natasha Richardson, changed his mind about playing Agent 007.

I know Neeson has done action films, but I've never really seen him as Bond, to be honest.
Martin Campbell has stated that it was Brosnan and there really was no other contenders. The studio basically said it's going be Pierce.