The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by FormerBondFan »

http://ew.com/tv/2017/09/27/steven-seag ... interview/

Steven Seagal compared to 'Bond villain' as he slams NFL protests in bizarre interview
CHRISTOPHER ROSEN@CHRISJROSEN

POSTED ON SEPTEMBER 27, 2017 AT 1:09PM EDT

[video][/video]

Action star Steven Seagal resurfaced on Wednesday to slam the recent NFL protests during national anthem performances — and Twitter users were quick to compare the Under Seige actor to a “Bond villain” among other taunts.

Appearing from Moscow, where he lives and holds Russian citizenship, Seagal defended President Donald Trump against what he called “the enemies within” before taking NFL players to task for protesting police brutality and racial injustice while the “Star-Spangled Banner” plays.

“I believe in free speech, I believe that everyone’s entitled to their own opinion, but I don’t agree that they should hold the United States of America or the world hostage by taking a venue where people are tuning in to watch a football game and imposing their political views,” Seagal said during an interview with Good Morning Britain and host Piers Morgan. “I think it’s outrageous, I think it’s a joke, it’s disgusting. I respect the American flag. I myself have risked my life countless times for the American flag. And I don’t understand or agree with this kind of behavior. I think it’s an outrage.”

Seagal’s interview quickly went viral, with many on Twitter surprised by both his comments and his physical appearance.

Seagal’s comments echo rhetoric said by Trump, who last week slammed NFL players for protesting. “Wouldn’t you love to see one of these NFL owners, when somebody disrespects our flag, to say, ‘Get that son of a bitch off the field right now. Out. He’s fired. He’s fired!'” Trump said on Friday during a rally in Alabama. “You know, some owner is going to do that. He’s going to say, ‘That guy that disrespects our flag, he’s fired.’ And that owner, they don’t know it. They don’t know it. They’ll be the most popular person, for a week. They’ll be the most popular person in this country.”

Trump continued his attacks against the NFL on Twitter and claiming his stance against the protests — which began last year when former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick protested police brutality and injustice — had “nothing to do with race.”

“It is about respect for our Country, Flag and National Anthem. NFL must respect this!” Trump wrote on Twitter.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

bjmdds wrote:CBS fires vice president who said Vegas victims didn't deserve sympathy because country music fans 'often are Republican' Image :cuss: Hayley Geftman-Gold, the network's now-former vice president and senior counsel, took to Facebook after a gunman opened fire at the Route 91 Harvest Music Festival in Las Vegas, killing at least 58 people and sending more than 500 others to hospitals.“If they wouldn’t do anything when children were murdered I have no hope that Repugs [sic] will ever do the right thing,” Geftman-Gold wrote in a now-deleted message that was first reported and captured by The Daily Caller. Geftman-Gold continued: “I’m actually not even sympathetic bc [sic] country music fans often are Republican gun toters [sic].”--------liberalism at it's finest Image :down: Image
she was honest about what she thought, and it got her fired. Her fellow travelers at cbs probably said the exact same thing, this woman says it too publicly. Cnn said essentially the thing and it’s supposed to be ok.

And they are wrong about their stereotype.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

BREAKING: Hall of Fame rocker Tom Petty, frontman for the Heartbreakers and singer of “Free Fallin,” is dead at 66, according to Tony Dimitriades, longtime manager of Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:BREAKING: Hall of Fame rocker Tom Petty, frontman for the Heartbreakers and singer of “Free Fallin,” is dead at 66, according to Tony Dimitriades, longtime manager of Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers.
I was just about to apologise for spreading fake news. Seems I just spread real news prematurely.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:
bjmdds wrote:BREAKING: Hall of Fame rocker Tom Petty, frontman for the Heartbreakers and singer of “Free Fallin,” is dead at 66, according to Tony Dimitriades, longtime manager of Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers.
I was just about to apologise for spreading fake news. Seems I just spread real news prematurely.
I think after taken off life support it took awhile. d**n cruel but there’s no middle ground for the medical community. either the religious zealots or euthanasia crowd take it too far.

I was just thinking last night about how many singers trying to get back on tour after not having done it for decades die. Tom petty faired better but I’d bet the tours toll on his body was too much. Possibly drugs too.

My first memory of Tom petty was the video where he was dressed like the mad hatter. I saw it in the 90s when I was a kid, looked it up is was shocked to see it was from 1985.
Anyway this video cemented the image of him to me as the cool freaky guy who could be the mad hatter.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

[video][/video]
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

[video][/video]
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Suspicious but not definitive.
This guy transfer $100k to the Philippines that’s the payment schemes terrorists use, could be a lot of other things as well. Just from what I know of the Middle East this smells bad, may not be terrorist related but as we used to say spidy sense is going off.
I wouldn’t be surprised if more conspirators are found.

Just an aside There was a guy who talked to us about IEDs who mentioned the Oklahoma City bombing and that the signature in that bomb was found in other bombs all over the Middle East. Meaning that there was another involved not prosecuted or named by the government. I
Don’t go for conspiracy theories but I do believe in the incompetence of the government .

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

The Washington Examiner has just reported that professional football ticket sales have plummeted nearly 20 percent this week compared to last week :!:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Listing to Tom petty and the heartbreakers live anthology, there us a instrumental version of goldfinger. Very cool

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

According to Splash Report’s sources: “There are conversations about locking up Daniel Craig to be Nathaniel Essex aka Mr Sinister in Gambit and also in other X-Men movies.” ------they never learn :!:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:According to Splash Report’s sources: “There are conversations about locking up Daniel Craig to be Nathaniel Essex aka Mr Sinister in Gambit and also in other X-Men movies.” ------they never learn :!:
I understand those rumours have been denied, but when you have two sources saying two different things, it's hard to know which one to believe.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Gambit is actually happening?
Craig might me a good villain. Too short mr sinister but it better than try to cast that oaf as gambit

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Channing Tatum as gambit that’s awful casting.

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I'm not familiar with Gambit. Whenever I hear the name, I think of Gareth Hunt in The New Avengers (the '70s TV show, not the Marvel comic).
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Gambit is a Cajun gambler, kind of a scoundrel ladies man if I had to describe him briefly. I thought the guy who played him in the wolverine move did a good job, Beef Chunk Tatum would be ok for another mutant or cowboy like he was in Kingsman 2.

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

Kristatos wrote:I'm not familiar with Gambit. Whenever I hear the name, I think of Gareth Hunt in The New Avengers (the '70s TV show, not the Marvel comic).
Mike Gambit would have made a great Bond.

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:
Kristatos wrote:I'm not familiar with Gambit. Whenever I hear the name, I think of Gareth Hunt in The New Avengers (the '70s TV show, not the Marvel comic).
Mike Gambit would have made a great Bond.

Seen here with Sir Godfrey Tippett and The English Girl.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Blade Runner 2049 is projected to make $51 million domestic and $100 million worldwide on its opening weekend. I was a bit wary of this, because sequels made so long after the original don't exactly have a great track record. But this one has been gathering 5-star reviews like nobody's business, so I may have to give it a go.
Napoleon Solo
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love

Post by Napoleon Solo »

About that lack of a Bond 25 distributor

http://bit.ly/2yuzRD4