The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by bjmdds »

Boxoffice.com: Prediction: The November Man Aug 27, 2014 Relativity Media
$9,000,000 (4 day weekend) $22,000,000 (cumulative).............The November Man----2,400 theatres
Last edited by bjmdds on Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Joblo.com:Chris Bumbray:......... "Luckily, Brosnan is in top form. Looking trim, and elegantly dressed in very James Bondian suits (although he never wears a tie or a tux – that would be too obvious), he hasn’t missed a beat as an action hero. It’s mostly low-key fisticuffs and gun fights, but Brosnan looks cool, and gives the character an edge Bond wouldn’t be allowed to have, although it goes way too far in a scene where he almost kills a young woman just to make a point (see what I mean about the misogyny?). That’s a tough scene to come back from, even if you are as charming as Brosnan, and truth be told it stops the movie cold, as he’s never shown before this to be any kind of sadist, but rather someone you’re supposed to root for. It's mind-boggling anyone involved thought this was an effective moment. Rather, it's a disgrace considering this is supposed to be a "fun action flick". Nevertheless, Brosnan performs well otherwise, and could probably still play James Bond should the Broccolis ever decide to give him a one-off in between Daniel Craig Bond’s (which I’d actually love to see)."
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:Joblo.com:Chris Bumbray:......... "Luckily, Brosnan is in top form. Looking trim, and elegantly dressed in very James Bondian suits (although he never wears a tie or a tux – that would be too obvious), he hasn’t missed a beat as an action hero. It’s mostly low-key fisticuffs and gun fights, but Brosnan looks cool, and gives the character an edge Bond wouldn’t be allowed to have, although it goes way too far in a scene where he almost kills a young woman just to make a point (see what I mean about the misogyny?). That’s a tough scene to come back from, even if you are as charming as Brosnan, and truth be told it stops the movie cold, as he’s never shown before this to be any kind of sadist, but rather someone you’re supposed to root for. It's mind-boggling anyone involved thought this was an effective moment. Rather, it's a disgrace considering this is supposed to be a "fun action flick". Nevertheless, Brosnan performs well otherwise, and could probably still play James Bond should the Broccolis ever decide to give him a one-off in between Daniel Craig Bond’s (which I’d actually love to see)."
Bet you that will be every Craigski's favourite scene, assuming they can allow themselves to praise anything with Brosnan in it.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:Boxoffice.com: Prediction: The November Man Aug 27, 2014 Relativity Media
$9,000,000 (4 day weekend) $22,000,000 (cumulative).............The November Man----2,400 theatres
That seems kind of low. I hope it exceeds that prediction by several standard deviations.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

007′s globe-trotting adventures will take him to Austria in Bond 24. Specifically, the small mountain town of Obertilliach, population 712. It’s unclear whether Obertilliach will be playing itself in the film, or standing in for another location. Shooting will take place in January for about three days. Bond 24 lands November 6, 2015
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I'd have thought if Bond was going to Austria, then the town of Fücking should definitely be on his itinerary. :twisted:
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

Saw an ad for November Man when I was on the treadmill at the gym *insert Fry "Take all my money" gif here" :mrgreen:
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Go see it MP.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

kater23 wrote:Saw an ad for November Man when I was on the treadmill at the gym *insert Fry "Take all my money" gif here" :mrgreen:
:lol:
I don't want to get my hopes up. I want it to be good enough I want to buy a copy when it comes out.
............ :007:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Katie how are things in California? The biggest quake in a long time hit hope you and your family are safe
Daltonite Toothpaste
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: The Living Daylights, Licence To Kill, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, From Russia With Love, Tomorrow Never Dies & For Your Eyes Only.
Favorite Movies: American Mary, Deadlier Than The Male, Dracula, Saved, The Big Sleep, The French Connection, Under The Sand

Post by Daltonite Toothpaste »

bjmdds wrote:007′s globe-trotting adventures will take him to Austria in Bond 24. Specifically, the small mountain town of Obertilliach, population 712. It’s unclear whether Obertilliach will be playing itself in the film, or standing in for another location. Shooting will take place in January for about three days. Bond 24 lands November 6, 2015
And there's my cue to seal myself inside my bunker, until the 'Bond#24 is the best Bond film, Craig is the best Bond/best Bond since Connery' talk is over.

:wink:
kater23
Moneypenny

Post by kater23 »

Omega wrote:Katie how are things in California? The biggest quake in a long time hit hope you and your family are safe
That was north of San Francisco-I'm in Southern California. We occasionally get earthquakes in San Diego and sometimes can feel the ones in L.A.(100 plus miles north).I've lived in California my entire life and I dunno..you just get used to it.. even, dare I say it, blase'.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

kater23 wrote:
Omega wrote:Katie how are things in California? The biggest quake in a long time hit hope you and your family are safe
That was north of San Francisco-I'm in Southern California. We occasionally get earthquakes in San Diego and sometimes can feel the ones in L.A.(100 plus miles north).I've lived in California my entire life and I dunno..you just get used to it.. even, dare I say it, blase'.
for some reason I think the whole state is damaged I forget how big that state is.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

What about FBF? He also lives in California.........Sin City: A Dame to Kill For opened in eighth place with just $6.48 million. That's down a stunning 78 percent from the original Sin City's debut...........it's no competition at all next weekend for NM. It will interesting to see if NM's box office surpasses the low projections being forecasted.
kater23
Moneypenny

Post by kater23 »

California is a huge state..we drove up to Oregon when my brother was in college..and let me tell you that was a long-a$$ road trip. It's funny, the last few times we've gone to Santa Barbara (a 3 and a half to 4 hour drive) it seems like we make good time getting there-even with traffic in L.A.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Richard Attenborough died. From Jurassic park.

I thought he died after jp2
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote:What about FBF? He also lives in California.........Sin City: A Dame to Kill For opened in eighth place with just $6.48 million. That's down a stunning 78 percent from the original Sin City's debut...........it's no competition at all next weekend for NM. It will interesting to see if NM's box office surpasses the low projections being forecasted.
I hope NM becomes Pierce's best since GE.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

http://baretnewswire.org/its-spy-vs-spy ... -thriller/ "Roger has crafted another labyrinthine, cat-and-mouse caper which miraculously manages to keep you on the edge of your seat"............"Vintage Brosnan!.....Very Good (2.5 stars)"
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

Daltonite Toothpaste wrote:
bjmdds wrote:007′s globe-trotting adventures will take him to Austria in Bond 24. Specifically, the small mountain town of Obertilliach, population 712. It’s unclear whether Obertilliach will be playing itself in the film, or standing in for another location. Shooting will take place in January for about three days. Bond 24 lands November 6, 2015
And there's my cue to seal myself inside my bunker, until the 'Bond#24 is the best Bond film, Craig is the best Bond/best Bond since Connery' talk is over.

:wink:
You could join GoldenEye in the CraignotBond bunker where he runs the website from. :lol:
Bring back Bond!
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »