The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

dirtybenny wrote:Just looked at my signature and realized today is my 5 year anniversary here! Thank you all for the stimulating conversation and especially for putting up with my long form rants no matter how mediocre! :cheers: :007:
:cheers: :db5:

GoldenEye is sending a special copy of this to DB commemorate the anniversary.

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:
Kristatos wrote:Does anyone know if the CR origin story lines up with John Pearson's authorised biography of Bond? I have read it, but it was many years ago, and I don't remember many of the details.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
I had a look at The Bond Files by Andy Lane and Paul Simpson. It says that the Pearson book has Bond born in 1920, joining the SIS in 1937, leaving between 1947-50 to work for a French bank. The OO section was founded by M in 1950.

I don't know how this corresponds with Craig's bizarre movie Bond character.
Well, I would expect some updating, since they didn't go with Tarantino's idea of making it a period piece. I was thinking more of the general details, like the age at which he became an 00 agent.

"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

One fan asked Wright:: “Any word on the next Bond? Have you been approached? You’re a fantastic Felix.” The 52-year-old replied: “It’s possible. Thanks.” "I would love to revisit Felix once more, and lay him, for me, to bed.”
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

From the Washington Post today: :shock: At the heart of today’s Harry Potter controversy is a five-second clip in the “Fantastic Beasts 2” trailer showing South Korean actress Claudia Kim transforming into a massive snake. The scene apparently reveals the backstory behind her character, Nagini, who eventually becomes Voldemort’s pet: She is a “maledictus,” or shape-shifter, cursed to eventually become trapped in a snake’s body. That doesn’t sound too offensive or controversial, until you realize that Kim is one of the only women of color in the franchise beyond a few fleeting love interests, and that Nagini’s main role in the series is to sustain Voldemort with milk and act as a vessel for his soul. In that context, it is more disturbing that Kim’s role is reduced to playing a character who will become a white man’s pet — literally.

Amid the criticism, Rowling took to Twitter to explain the character, and only succeeded in making things worse. She suggested that she had based Nagini on a snake-like creature from Indonesian mythology and pointed out that “Indonesia comprises a few hundred ethnic groups, including Javanese, Chinese and Betawi.” That’s true — except Kim is not Chinese or Southeast Asian, and Asian ethnicities are not interchangeable. Rowling may have been trying to prove that her characterization was culturally sensitive, but she clearly missed the mark. :shock: ------this article further elucidates the claim that the left-wing liberals have completely lost their minds and it's now going after racial injustice involving a SNAKE in Harry Potter :?: :!: :cuss:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

The Texas woman who inspired the 1958 Buddy Holly song “Peggy Sue” has died at a Lubbock hospital. Peggy Sue Gerron Rackham of Lubbock died Monday at University Medical Center, according to UMC spokesman Eric Finley. She was 78. The family gave the hospital permission to confirm the death, but asked that no additional information be released, Finley said Tuesday.
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

So, if a woman who eventually becomes Voldemort's pet was white nobody would hear a beep. Pathetic. So. bloody. pathetic. :picard:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Collider's editor-in-chief Steve Weintrab pointed out that many fans want to see a Superman movie starring Henry Cavill where Superman is "heroic and optimistic." McQuarrie said that’s the film Cavill wants, but cautioned there are lot of moving parts behind the scenes in making giant superhero movies like this.----------isn't this what has been said here from the start? Hollywood does not get what the people want, and never will :!:
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

That it has to be said fans want a Superman movie like this is dumbfounding because this is what Superman is. That WB DC have to be sold this idea is nuts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Omega wrote:That it has to be said fans want a Superman movie like this is dumbfounding because this is what Superman is. That WB DC have to be sold this idea is nuts

They turned Superman into a confused and tormented anti-hero---Superman stands for 3 things :!: ---truth, justice, and the America way :!: When Reeve's Superman placed the American flag back on the roof of the oval office in Superman II, the country cheered watching it :!: THAT is what we want to see from this character :!:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:
Omega wrote:That it has to be said fans want a Superman movie like this is dumbfounding because this is what Superman is. That WB DC have to be sold this idea is nuts

They turned Superman into a confused and tormented anti-hero---Superman stands for 3 things :!: ---truth, justice, and the America way :!: When Reeve's Superman placed the American flag back on the roof of the oval office in Superman II, the country cheered watching it :!: THAT is what we want to see from this character :!:
To be fair, [s]they[/s] Joss Whedon kind of tried to move him in that direction in Justice League, but it was too little, too late.

Changing the subject, who here knew that today is apparently Global James Bond Day?

dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

What's the significance of October 5th, is it Craig's birthday or something?
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

I did. 5th of October marks the date of Dr. No premiere.
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

dirtybenny wrote:What's the significance of October 5th, is it Craig's birthday or something?
Nope. Craig was born in March, if I'm not mistaken.
dirtybenny
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Veronica wrote:I did. 5th of October marks the date of Dr. No premiere.

Are you sure it's not when Skyfall the greatest film EVA was released?!
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

dirtybenny wrote:
Veronica wrote:I did. 5th of October marks the date of Dr. No premiere.

Are you sure it's not when Skyfall the greatest film EVA was released?!

Quite. :lol: My god, that movie was dull even when it had tried to rip off Home Alome. I guess at least Adele got something out of that movie.
dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

Ripped from the headlines!

Literally posted just hours ago 6:30PM eastern U.S. time.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

dirtybenny wrote:Ripped from the headlines!

Literally posted just hours ago 6:30PM eastern U.S. time.
Oh boy, visiting Twitter over the next few days is going to be fun. It's going to be full of "Barbara Broccoli is literally Hitler" posts. I know we've been plenty critical of her in the past, but now is the time to say "good for you". It takes guts to say that in these times we live in.

Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

At last, she says something I actually agree with.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

I think she says this because she has a female bond movie star already in her other franchise. But I am kind of shocked she went there and made a statement that can not be misconstrued for anything else. She normally plays around with being decisive in statements. Of course let’s also admit the only thing she has of any value is bond rights.
Still I’ll give here credit for taking a stand her Hollywood buddies will not like even though it’s the most basic of common sense for her series.

............ :007:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Broccoli, 58, the daughter of Albert “Cubby” Broccoli, "heads Eon productions and signs off on every key Bond hire and fire." MGW is officially out of the picture because she #metooed her half brother into oblivion :!: Give her credit? She knows that Bond won't make money at the box office as a female incarnation so what else can she do?---------------"Bond is male," Broccoli said. "He’s a male character. He was written as a male and I think :hair: he’ll probably stay as a male."