The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Veronica »

Kristatos wrote:Den of Geek gives its annual overview of the main Oscar contenders, with the pros and cons of each (from the Academy's point of view): https://www.denofgeek.com/uk/movies/613 ... redictions

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
I'd like for Colman to win,exceptional actress.
Also, Claire Foy :clap:
I don't know what my comment will be if Black Panther gets a nomination for best film... :jack:
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance."
- Cicero - 55 BC
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

The NY Jets football team here just hired another new coach, Adam Gase. The Jets have not been in the Super Bowl since 1969 :!: Maybe you can understand why now. :roll: Image
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Director Christopher McQuarrie has signed on to helm two new installments in the blockbuster franchise, with the high-octane thrillers expected to hit theaters in the summers of 2021 and 2022.

The filmmaker, who directed the last two movies in the series, Rogue Nation and Fallout, is expected to shoot the upcoming films back to back to maximize production schedules and make sure the studio can release films in consecutive years, Variety reports.

McQuarrie himself teased the exciting news when he tweeted, "Missions: Accepted #MissionImpossible."
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

bjmdds wrote:Director Christopher McQuarrie has signed on to helm two new installments in the blockbuster franchise, with the high-octane thrillers expected to hit theaters in the summers of 2021 and 2022.

The filmmaker, who directed the last two movies in the series, Rogue Nation and Fallout, is expected to shoot the upcoming films back to back to maximize production schedules and make sure the studio can release films in consecutive years, Variety reports.

McQuarrie himself teased the exciting news when he tweeted, "Missions: Accepted #MissionImpossible."

It's something to watch as they stopped making Bond movies.
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

Yesterday I watched the latest Johnny English movie. Really fun, Emma Thompson as a Prime Minister (quite an obvious dig at Theresa May ) is pure gold. Olga Kurylenko is far more engaged here than she was in QOS that's for sure.
I almost forgot, there's a jab at the expense of the nerdy Q as well. So there's that.
It's funny how this comedy actually managed to create a more concrete commentary on life in 21st century than Broccoli who desperately tries to do that for 13 years.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Veronica wrote:Yesterday I watched the latest Johnny English movie. Really fun, Emma Thompson as a Prime Minister (quite an obvious dig at Theresa May ) is pure gold. Olga Kurylenko is far more engaged here than she was in QOS that's for sure.
I almost forgot, there's a jab at the expense of the nerdy Q as well. So there's that.
It's funny how this comedy actually managed to create a more concrete commentary on life in 21st century than Broccoli who desperately tries to do that for 13 years.
olga kurylenko was better in the November man almost the exact same some but better writing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

Omega wrote:
Veronica wrote:Yesterday I watched the latest Johnny English movie. Really fun, Emma Thompson as a Prime Minister (quite an obvious dig at Theresa May ) is pure gold. Olga Kurylenko is far more engaged here than she was in QOS that's for sure.
olga kurylenko was better in the November man almost the exact same some but better writing

I honestly found November Man to be quite unpolished somehow. The story was there but I felt it could have been executed way better. Olga was fine in her role as was Brosnan. I felt they were better than the movie itself.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

I agree with unpolished there are several points that are telegraphed what going to happen. But her role is exactly the same as QOS but makes sense this time. Brosnan cast Craig lite to be chase after him, which was t bad but had potential. The guy behind it was obvious to Jonny English , Craig’s bond will trying to solve this case for the next 5 movies

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Sony is reviving several of its biggest franchises, after losing the distribution rights to the James Bond movies. Image
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:Sony is reviving several of its biggest franchises, after losing the distribution rights to the James Bond movies. Image
Oh yay, a new Charlie's Angels movie Image

"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

Sony already kill their new ghostbuster franchise, bad boys ? Who cares? Charlie angels? Why?
Just street? didn’t they just make two of those?
New mib looks doa even with good stars recreating Thor Ragnarok line per line

Really looks like the glory days of Sony are behind them the wreckage Amy pascal did to that studio left lasting scars although she has been rewarded very well with producer roles whe didn’t really earn or have a thing to do with making them a success.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Broccoli is allegedly hopeful that Daniel Craig will actually return for yet another movie. :roll: The Sun quotes an insider as saying she is "loyal to Daniel" for the time being, and doesn't want to be "disrespectful" by starting to look elsewhere. :roll: She "cannot look beyond Daniel”, according to the source, as “she values everything he has done for the franchise in the past decade”. :roll: -----------Cr-egg will be "couched" back for another film by Broccoli in 2022 as a quick 2 year turnaround. I think the next two films will be a 2 parter with Cr-egg doing the 60th anniversary film as well. Broccoli probably has the script being done now as well for 2022, just to be sure her 'patsy' returns quickly :!: She just cannot let him go, which is now a psychotic obsession for her :!:
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

Yes, well, better not be disrespectful to a man who said he'd rather slash his wrists than do another movie. Whopie! :clap:
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Just more of her "a bride doesn't think about her next husband while walking down the isle" claptrap. The quote that stands out to me is: “she values everything he has done for the franchise in the past decade”, yes the way he begrudgingly returned time after time for his hefty pay check so he could sleep walk his way through films he couldn't care less about making should be commended!
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

I cannot envision any scenario where Broccoli wants to stay if Cr-egg leaves. Cr-egg is a part of her she cannot relinquish. She is still living in this delusional fantasy that Cr-egg is a fresh face of the franchise and once he is forced to leave, I foresee a deep depression in her ego that will lead to her exiting the franchise for good. Unfortunately, I don't see that happening for years to come :!:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

The Daily Mail reported the same story, but didn't say anything about wanting him for another movie. It sounded more like she wasn't thinking of casting Bond 26 for the eminently sensible reason that they haven't made Bond 25 yet.

"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

But I think it shows people, press and other are more interested in the next bond actor over Craig coming back again.

Another weird thing is all these recycled stories, almost word pre word what they weee 7 years ago

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Image The Patriots are back to the Super Bowl again in two weeks :!: :clap: :cheers: :up:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Comedian Amy Schumer urged musicians to boycott the Atlanta Super Bowl -- writing on Instagram: “Stand up for your brothers and sisters of color...the hottest thing a guy can do is get down on one knee."

Gladys Knight has dismissed her critics and stands firm on her decision to sing the National Anthem :!: :up:

“I pray that this National Anthem will bring us all together in a way never before witnessed and we can move forward and untangle these truths which mean so much to all of us,” she wrote.