The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by bjmdds »

Image Anthony Horowitz has revealed he will be writing a new James Bond book with a "killer" first line. Speaking to BBC Radio 5 live, Horowitz said the opening line was the "only reason" he wanted to write the novel, which is expected to be released in 2018 - but he could not reveal the book's first words. He said one of the first chapters of the book will be based on a story outline written by Ian Flaming for a TV series that was never made.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

There was something about john Glenn I just didn't like. In most people's book he is a hero, not for nothing, I didn't like how he used his fame from the space program for his own personal gain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
commander0077again
Commander
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS YOLT GOLDFINGER LALD FYEO GOLDENEYE
Favorite Movies: OUR MAN FLINT THE ADVENTURES OF ROBIN HOOD/ERROL FLYNN CASABLANCA ZORRO FILMS / TV SHOW

Post by commander0077again »

bjmdds wrote:Image Anthony Horowitz has revealed he will be writing a new James Bond book with a "killer" first line. Speaking to BBC Radio 5 live, Horowitz said the opening line was the "only reason" he wanted to write the novel, which is expected to be released in 2018 - but he could not reveal the book's first words. He said one of the first chapters of the book will be based on a story outline written by Ian Flaming for a TV series that was never made.

Good for AH.... I enjoyed his first Bond, which is definitely not 'Flemming' but closer to the original fellow at Goldeneye. :cake:
You move very well for a dead man, Mister Bond

Kill him!
Kill Bond! Now!!!
Count_Lippe
Agent

Post by Count_Lippe »

[video][/video]
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them dropped 40% in its fourth weekend, bringing in an estimated $10.78 million as its domestic gross now stands at $199.3 million. Internationally, the film brought in an estimated $33.1 million from 67 territories, bringing its international cume to $480.7 million and a worldwide total that tops $680 million.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Talking of box office, I have just come across a fairly recent (September) list of the top 50 all-time worldwide grosses, adjusted for inflation. Box Office Mojo used to carry such a chart, but dropped it years ago, as they said it was too difficult to calculate the figures due to fluctuations in the exchange rates etc. So, best not to treat this as gospel, but here it is anyway: http://calculatorgames.info/mogul/
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Count_Lippe
Agent

Post by Count_Lippe »

[video][/video]
Napoleon Solo
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love

Post by Napoleon Solo »

New York Post's Page Six gossip feature says Othello play is part of a plan to get Daniel Craig back after a few years' hiatus.

http://pagesix.com/2016/12/11/could-dan ... ond-again/
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Pierce Brosnan has said that he wants Daniel Craig to continue playing James Bond in the secret agent film franchise. Craig is rumoured to be giving up the coveted role, having starred as Bond in four films – the most recent being 2015’s Spectre. He famously said in 2015 that he’d “rather slash my own wrists” than make another Bond film. Brosnan, the actor who Craig succeeded as Bond in 2005, has urged the 48-year-old to continue in the role, however. Speaking at the European Film Awards on Saturday (December 10), Brosnan said: “I’d love to see Daniel Craig go again. He definitely should make another one. He’s a magnificent, dynamic Bond who came onto the stage at a time when it really needed invigorating, and he did that brilliantly.” Callum McDougall, executive producer, told Radio 4’s Today show in October that Bond producers Barbara Broccoli and Michael G Wilson remain positive that they will be able to persuade Craig to appear in another film. “He is absolutely the first choice,” McDougall said. “I know they’re hoping for him to come back.”
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

‘Deadpool’ and Ryan Reynolds receive rare superhero love from the Golden Globes :!: :shock:---------------“Deadpool” was a decade-long pet project for Reynolds, who on Sunday evening picked up the entertainer-of-the-year prize at the Critics’ Choice Awards, hosted by “Deadpool” actor T.J. Miller. :shock: :shock: :shock:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

He was deadpool in the awful Wolverine origins, at that time every mutant was going to get a origins too. Thank god first class came along, then the wolverine and days of future past finally wiped away the stench from xmen 3 and origins.

Honestly Reynolds is not a great deadpool, but I don't get why he keeps getting jobs either. He was supposed to reboot highlander , thankfully that seems to have died off .
Deadpool in the comics and games is much better , Reynolds only gets some of it right but I'm glad to see something like deadpool and suicide squad take the piss out of the big serious franchises by doing better going where the big franchises fear to tread, But deadpool was the only movie with the balls to go R.

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

bjmdds wrote:Pierce Brosnan has said that he wants Daniel Craig to continue playing James Bond in the secret agent film franchise. Craig is rumoured to be giving up the coveted role, having starred as Bond in four films – the most recent being 2015’s Spectre. He famously said in 2015 that he’d “rather slash my own wrists” than make another Bond film. Brosnan, the actor who Craig succeeded as Bond in 2005, has urged the 48-year-old to continue in the role, however. Speaking at the European Film Awards on Saturday (December 10), Brosnan said: “I’d love to see Daniel Craig go again. He definitely should make another one. He’s a magnificent, dynamic Bond who came onto the stage at a time when it really needed invigorating, and he did that brilliantly.” Callum McDougall, executive producer, told Radio 4’s Today show in October that Bond producers Barbara Broccoli and Michael G Wilson remain positive that they will be able to persuade Craig to appear in another film. “He is absolutely the first choice,” McDougall said. “I know they’re hoping for him to come back.”
thanks for screwing us over brosnan!

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Napoleon Solo wrote:New York Post's Page Six gossip feature says Othello play is part of a plan to get Daniel Craig back after a few years' hiatus.

http://pagesix.com/2016/12/11/could-dan ... ond-again/
I'm
Not surprise but dragging this out so long and how played out the whole Craig idea is I kind of believe the other rumor with Mendes and Craig trying to write a masterpiece and if they can't they are out and new blood comes in.
The next Craig movie has the possibility of becoming roger Moore who stayed sooo long he hurt Timothy Dalton's chances at reinventing the franchise. Of course the real villain was the family runing the franchise into the ground and going head to head with some of the biggest summer blockbuster in the last 30 years. Weird how movies don't really go head to head any more, isn't that anti-competition? The studios are colluding to control the market so nobody loses money.

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

From Twitter this morning: Daniel Craig in....
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

Kristatos wrote:From Twitter this morning: Daniel Craig in....
Is Charles Hawtrey in it?
Bring back Bond!
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

carl stromberg wrote:
Is Charles Hawtrey in it?
I was thinking more Leslie Phillips. But that would be "Oh, Helllloooooo".
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

I am honestly having doubts if Bond actors(Brosnan,Moore,Dalton) even said those gushing things about Craig or journalists just get paid to completely invent something like that and just stick big names associated with the franchise on the paper.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I think they probably did. If they slagged off Craig in public, it would reflect worse on them than it did on Craig, and be dismissed as sour grapes from a washed-up ex-Bond bitter at no longer being young and handsome enough to play 007 (unlike the youthful, dashing Daniel Craig).

Edited to add this Onion story, not recommended for the sarcasm-impaired: http://www.theonion.com/article/report- ... iends-2311
Count_Lippe
Agent

Post by Count_Lippe »

[video][/video]
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

SW Rogue One:TOMATOMETER

81%
Average Rating: 7.5/10
Reviews Counted: 124
Fresh: 101
Rotten: 23