The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by dirtybenny »

For the DCINB site mods, we've been inundated with spam comments the last few days, IDK what can be done, but I thought I'd raise the issue.
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Cavill: “And if it is indeed his last one, then the playing field is open. There are no conversations just yet, but we’ll see what happens. It would be a great, fun role to play.”
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:Cavill: “And if it is indeed his last one, then the playing field is open. There are no conversations just yet, but we’ll see what happens. It would be a great, fun role to play.”
He'd be my second choice, after Turner.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

We agree on that. Does Broccoli? Image Image
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Don't think we'll be finding out the answer to that question for a while yet.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

There are NO other acceptable choices with these 2 available. Broccoli could still screw it up. MGW has zero input.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

My friends have eaten these. I have yet to try it. Has anyone here dabbled in these and like them? Has MP tried them yet? Maybe Cr-egg's Bond will eat one in his final film with a can of beer while on his hiatus from MI6. :idea:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote: My friends have eaten these. I have yet to try it. Has anyone here dabbled in these and like them? Has MP tried them yet? Maybe Cr-egg's Bond will eat one in his final film with a can of beer while on his hiatus from MI6. :idea:
I haven't tried those particular brands yet, but I abstain from meat during the Orthodox fasting seasons, and I've noticed that meat-free products have vastly improved in recent years.

Goldeneye
Site Admin

Post by Goldeneye »

bjmdds wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:51 pm Cavill: “And if it is indeed his last one, then the playing field is open. There are no conversations just yet, but we’ll see what happens. It would be a great, fun role to play.”
Cavill kind of shot himself in the foot. He has a bad reputation as being hard to work with. Then again considering how prickly Craig is maybe this is a selling point. :lol:
Goldeneye
Site Admin

Post by Goldeneye »

dirtybenny wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:48 pm For the DCINB site mods, we've been inundated with spam comments the last few days, IDK what can be done, but I thought I'd raise the issue.
Some new anti spam measures are updated, let me know if there are any issues with the new software. I'm not a fan of some of the changes.
dirtybenny
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Goldeneye wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:42 pm
dirtybenny wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:48 pm For the DCINB site mods, we've been inundated with spam comments the last few days, IDK what can be done, but I thought I'd raise the issue.
Some new anti spam measures are updated, let me know if there are any issues with the new software. I'm not a fan of some of the changes.
Thanks GE, I was shocked to open my mailbox this morning and find a half dozen or so "replies" to my articles from friendly neighborhood spammers.
dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

Goldeneye wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:40 pm
bjmdds wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:51 pm Cavill: “And if it is indeed his last one, then the playing field is open. There are no conversations just yet, but we’ll see what happens. It would be a great, fun role to play.”
Cavill kind of shot himself in the foot. He has a bad reputation as being hard to work with. Then again considering how prickly Craig is maybe this is a selling point. :lol:
Could anyone be more prickly than Craig at this point?
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

Kristatos wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:59 pm
bjmdds wrote: My friends have eaten these. I have yet to try it. Has anyone here dabbled in these and like them? Has MP tried them yet? Maybe Cr-egg's Bond will eat one in his final film with a can of beer while on his hiatus from MI6. :idea:
I haven't tried those particular brands yet, but I abstain from meat during the Orthodox fasting seasons, and I've noticed that meat-free products have vastly improved in recent years.

So..I like most veggie burgers though I haven’t tried Beyond Meat yet..thought about using it in Shepherd’s pie the other day. :D
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

NTTD cinematographer Sandgren: “I must say I definitely love original stories over huge franchise films, but Bond has some sort of purpose. And also this script is quite emotional actually." :roll:
acid
Commander
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, From Russia with Love, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, Octopussy, For Your Eyes Only, A View To a Kill, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye

Post by acid »

bjmdds wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:09 pm NTTD cinematographer Sandgren: “I must say I definitely love original stories over huge franchise films, but Bond has some sort of purpose. And also this script is quite emotional actually." :roll:
So was OHMSS but back then they actually wanted to stay true to the character of Bond, so the emotions were believable and made sense. Of course all the Fleming Bond books, and the movies that closely followed them, were original stories as well.
"Wonderful for poison pen letters..."
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

acid wrote:
bjmdds wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:09 pm NTTD cinematographer Sandgren: “I must say I definitely love original stories over huge franchise films, but Bond has some sort of purpose. And also this script is quite emotional actually." :roll:
So was OHMSS but back then they actually wanted to stay true to the character of Bond, so the emotions were believable and made sense. Of course all the Fleming Bond books, and the movies that closely followed them, were original stories as well.
The movie industry has a prejudice about series, series based on books, series based on comics, tv series. They are snobs about what they believe to worthy of their efforts and what can be considered art

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

Same ol' BS every film since Danny took over the role. Remember just last film when Waltz likened Bond films to Punch and Judy shows before making a mockery of the cannon by portraying Blofeld as Bond's long lost foster brother? Real deep story telling there old boy!

Also I suppose M's death at the end of Skyfall is no longer considered emotional?
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Just seen an ad for this piece of merchandise from artist Josh 'Shag' Agle.

dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:36 am Just seen an ad for this piece of merchandise from artist Josh 'Shag' Agle.

An amazing likeness, I'm surprised they're stocking merchandise so far out from the release of NTTD
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Here's a much improved fan edit of the NTTD trailer: