The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

Who were they fighting against to cast Sean Connery? It was primarily Ian Fleming who felt he was too unpolished to play bond. Connery worked hard to develop the right attitude and mannerisms to be a gentleman winning Ian Fleming over.

Babs wanted Craig, MGW didn’t we know this from his neighbors candid confession of his reservations, Sony and Amy pascal didn’t, they pushed for other choices and went behind babs back to talk to brosnan just weeks before Craig was official to the public.
What babs did have in Sony was a partner/management who went all in not lose money on this movie using their considerable media presence and online bot tactics to successfully creat false narratives the media and others could use to build up Craig and the franchise to this day.
I do believe babs feels vindicated thing turned out as they did for CR, a mediocre performance for a bond movie but not DOA.
she did fight for Craig and chose that hill to die on, now she will views the modest fan reaction against her (which depressed Craig on the set of CR) and initial media opposition was what she fought against to bring her vision , a better vision of bond than her daddy or Ian Fleming to the screen.
And I honestly don’t know if there is anything more substantial to her bond than it’s not daddy’s because far as a character Craig hasn’t really develop any, my impression of his movies as they happened is they were trying for the same note over and over, bond not bond but become him in this movie. If anyone else is brutally honest nothing about Craig really developed or moved the character along. Nothing actually happen from CR to SP that is satisfying as a story arc, nothing in the CR story actually was that satisfying either other than it was different, which only tells us the audience was tired of how babs and mgw polishes turds by injecting jokes or forcing humor that might not belong in the scene.

Babs is stuck in 2005/06 never actually acknowledging the reality two of her darling Craig’s movie are outright disliked by audiences in general, three of the four did not age well and in retrospect are not liked, only Cr might still have defenders but I’m not too sure about how stuck in the moment of 2006 that movie is either.

She will never admit she broke the franchise or kept Craig on too long or that he might have been wrong for the role in retrospect because he couldn’t play the character as established which had a wide lane from Connery, Moore, to Dalton to chose from.
The only thing broken with the franchise in 2005 that the critics rejoiced about changing in 2006 was her and her brothers management.
For some reason the fans have thought of the broccoli family as the protectors of the integrity of bond movies. I wonder why when a great number of those fans who flocked to Craig essentially wanted Bourne or some other serious take on bond anything but what the family had offered up in the last 40 years. Fans who knew so little about the written character they fell into line arguing studio talking points about how Fleming intended the character to be even though the books and Fleming’s comments and contributions to the first movies were said otherwise.

Babs is living in another world and that’s fine because she can afford to, but the world evolved past where she was 14-15 years ago. She can pretend she’s refighting battles she already won all she likes it’ll never change the fact she is a hack producer only empowered by cunning one sided contracts her father made when he placed a bet on a little know book series and author in the middle of the 20th century.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

dirtybenny wrote:
Veronica wrote:Wait, Lea will be returning? Who would care about a freaking sequel 4 year after that horror!

You don't understand V, We can't let a golden opportunity to retell the same exact story for a fifth time! No matter how many times we see Craig go rogue, lose the love of his life/mother figure, and just generally be a grouchy self loathing SOB (not necessarily in that order) never gets old! You also don't understand the hunger of the audience, the abject starvation of the public, to see such a "great" actress as what's her name sleepwalk her way though the film delivering her dialogue with a palpable yawn!
Oh, well, silly me for not understanding what people want. :jack:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

So, this was on Twitter....Image
Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Wtf?

Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

The last one is deranged :roll:
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

[video][/video] Classic film scene :!:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Variety says that Rami Malek is being eyed for the villain (Blofeld?) in Bond 25, but that his shooting schedule on Mr Robot makes it unlikely that he would be able to do it: https://variety.com/2018/film/news/bond ... 203084117/

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

[video][/video] Now you're talking action :!: :up:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

God both those movies sucked. Also I thought they were bo disappointments

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Skull island brought in $566 million on a $185millon budget $555 million break even estimate

Godzilla brought in $529 million on a $160 million budget $480 million break even estimate

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

The planet cannot get enough of Godzilla and company big O, and---------In 2020-------it's the first remake ever of-----King Kong vs. Godzilla which was quite popular in the 1960s :!: This film will be released 58 years after the original "King Kong Vs. Godzilla" (1962), 66 years after the original "Godzilla" (1954), and 87 years after the original "King Kong" (1933).
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

No, I get the kaiju craze, just that these particular movies tried to cash in on the craze and nostalgia for the campy originals but WB over cooked the recipe. IMHO

Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

Kristatos wrote:Variety says that Rami Malek is being eyed for the villain (Blofeld?) in Bond 25, but that his shooting schedule on Mr Robot makes it unlikely that he would be able to do it: https://variety.com/2018/film/news/bond ... 203084117/

I nominate Tony Robinson for the role of Blofeld. Qualifications? I can see him in the role is all.
Spoiler
While I am nominating an all star television cast I would also name Craig......Craig McLachlan as 007, sporting his best Roger Moore beard from Doctor Blake.
Spoiler
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Scott Mendelson: Senior Contributor Hollywood & Entertainment: "I hated Spectre when I saw it in October 2015 and I hated it again when I rewatched it on Blu-ray a few months later. There is something almost noble about EON, MGM and friends not totally ignoring Spectre but acknowledging that it happened and trying to make a good movie out of its continuity." :jack:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

So, who wants one of these for Christmas? https://007store.com/products/lego-crea ... martin-db5

dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote:So, who wants one of these for Christmas? https://007store.com/products/lego-crea ... martin-db5

Only if it comes with an angry, craggy little Lego man to put behind the driver's wheel!
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

Vladimir Putins's Stasi id has been found. The photo reminds me of someone.

dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:Vladimir Putins's Stasi id has been found. The photo reminds me of someone.

Looks like they finally started pre-production on Bond 25 creating Craig's new Bond I.D. card!
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

[video][/video] Deleted scene from final cut.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

My news feed had the ultimate Bond clickbait story today from the Daily Mirror. The headline said something like "Bond 25: plot, song, cast". The actual story was basically that the regular cast plus Lea Seydoux were returning (which we already knew), but that they had no idea what the plot would be, or who was performing the theme song. Well, uh, thanks for that.