The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Kristatos »

The Oscar nominations have been released: https://www.denofgeek.com/uk/movies/osc ... e-revealed

I've seen precisely three of the nominated movies (Bohemian Rhapsody, Mary Poppins Returns and Ready Player One), the last two of which only got nominated in technical categories. So I don't really feel qualified to comment.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

bjmdds wrote:I cannot envision any scenario where Broccoli wants to stay if Cr-egg leaves. Cr-egg is a part of her she cannot relinquish. She is still living in this delusional fantasy that Cr-egg is a fresh face of the franchise and once he is forced to leave, I foresee a deep depression in her ego that will lead to her exiting the franchise for good. Unfortunately, I don't see that happening for years to come :!:

If Craig left I think Barbara would not make a Bond film for 10 years.
Bring back Bond!
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Looks like someone is targeting a very specific demographic, consisting of me:

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

A Norwegian James Bond fan site has announced that they have "huge Bond 25 news" coming TOMORROW. Last month Norway was heavily rumoured to be used as a shooting location, since a project named "B25" was on a grant shortlist.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:Looks like someone is targeting a very specific demographic, consisting of me:

dropping hints kris?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Omega wrote:
Kristatos wrote:Looks like someone is targeting a very specific demographic, consisting of me:

dropping hints kris?

I wish I had that sort of money. £115 for a pair of cufflinks and a belt clip?

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:A Norwegian James Bond fan site has announced that they have "huge Bond 25 news" coming TOMORROW. Last month Norway was heavily rumoured to be used as a shooting location, since a project named "B25" was on a grant shortlist.
Interesting, but I won't get too excited until I see what this huge news is, and whether it's verifiable. It could be some on-set photos, but has shooting actually started yet?

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Last huge news from a fan site was years ago about a helicopter EON bought which meant bond 25 production was eminent, only to have that shot down later. My guess is like every movie since QOS they will claim some local place is going to be used and nobody in the country can get any sleep because everyone is so excited about the great Craig coming to their country. They will be rewarded with a second unit stunt team and demands they shut down the town where filming is to take place.

Eon’s official statement will be cut and past from 2012.

dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Just as Omega said, we now begin the location rumor portion of our program. Several international locals will pop up to say they will be a prominent location in the next film, only for EON to shoot down those rumors true or not. I suppose to prevent the stunt man wearing the Craig mask from getting mobbed. But seriously why does EON keep everything so hush-hush, sometimes I wonder if they think they actually are MI6.
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

It hush hush because they have no idea what they will be doing. Last time they talked about what the plans were for the next movie it was bond 22, a direct continuation and based on mgw’s unused script from 1987, never heard a word about it since and they been stuck in resting talking g points since 2012

dirtybenny
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

The thing is when a rumor does break they try to shut it up, no matter how innocuous it may be as if it would ruin the viewer's enjoyment of the film. Its as if they think knowing a location will destroy some M. Night Shamalan twist.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

The Norwegian Film Institute states on its website today that a film with the working title “B25” has been given a huge amount of funding - suggesting considerable chunks of the production will take place there. The shooting is set to start filming on March 4 this year in Canada.

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:The Norwegian Film Institute states on its website today that a film with the working title “B25” has been given a huge amount of funding - suggesting considerable chunks of the production will take place there. The shooting is set to start filming on March 4 this year in Canada.

Is that the *huge* announcement? It's great news if you live in Norway and work in the film industry. For anyone else, it's just a location.

dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote:
bjmdds wrote:The Norwegian Film Institute states on its website today that a film with the working title “B25” has been given a huge amount of funding - suggesting considerable chunks of the production will take place there. The shooting is set to start filming on March 4 this year in Canada.

Is that the *huge* announcement? It's great news if you live in Norway and work in the film industry. For anyone else, it's just a location.

First of all as Kris said, YAAAAAAAAAWN.

Second, the Norwegian Film Institute announced filming will commence in Canada?!

Finally, "B25" has been given a huge amount of funding? By whom, Norway? Is this Mexico all over again?
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Oral-B Glide dental floss contributes to elevated levels of toxic PFAS chemicals in the body, according to a new study from the Silent Spring Institute in collaboration with the Public Health Institute in Berkeley, California. :hair: Scientists are worried about widespread exposure to PFAS (per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances) in the population because the water- and grease-proof substances have been linked with kidney and testicular cancer, thyroid disease, high cholesterol, low birth weight, decreased fertility and immune system damage. :hair:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

dirtybenny wrote:
Kristatos wrote:

First of all as Kris said, YAAAAAAAAAWN.

Second, the Norwegian Film Institute announced filming will commence in Canada?!

Finally, "B25" has been given a huge amount of funding? By whom, Norway? Is this Mexico all over again?
Express.co.uk: The NFI website says it has been given around 47.025.000 kr, which converts to roughly £4.2 million; or 4.8 million Euro. According to the Norwegian website Filter Film og TV, that’s the largest amount ever given by the country’s film and TV incentive scheme.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Image Next week I'm hoping my Patriots win another Super Bowl over the Rams :!: :up:
dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

BJ, with all due respect, I wish you would include a link to the articles you're quoting, it would greatly reduce the amount of confusion generated when you just post quotes and snippets. All you need to do is cut and paste the address at the bottom of your post. I for one would very much appreciate it, thank you.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

New cast member revealed: Image

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

dirtybenny wrote:

BJ, with all due respect, I wish you would include a link to the articles you're quoting, it would greatly reduce the amount of confusion generated when you just post quotes and snippets. All you need to do is cut and paste the address at the bottom of your post. I for one would very much appreciate it, thank you.
https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment ... nouncement