The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

Charlize Theron has her own Jane Bond movie coming out Atomic Blonde .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Guys it's time to finally let go of the Bond franchise.

http://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/ ... Idris-Elba
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

FormerBondFan wrote:Guys it's time to finally let go of the Bond franchise.

Just the work of another illiterate hack pushing their ridiculous agenda by digging up the bones of a long dead conversation (2 years ago). Babz was clearly dodging the question because she's smart enough to know a female "Bond" would kill her golden goose but as a "feminist" she can't bring herself to say no. Actually I'm quite optimistic, a few trolls aside almost every comment on the article was critical of the idea!
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
tbp82
Commander

Post by tbp82 »

FormerBondFan wrote:Guys it's time to finally let go of the Bond franchise.

Hopefully, this doesn't come across as bad as it reads. But, I don't think the race of someone is as important as the actual color of their skin. Idris Elba Adrian Lest and the like are darker skinned men while someone like Vin Diesal and The Rock (both of mixed race including black) are much fairer skinned. Not saying that Diesal or Rock would be a good Bond but they are in many movies where there race isn't a issue and in fact in The Rock's case many times he's surrounded by a white skinned family. Basically Im saying some like Wenworth Miller (also of mixed race including black) race wouldnt matter as much as someone like Elba's because of the actual tone of his skin.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/or ... 90fffa.jpg this guy looks more traditional Bond than Craig does.
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

This guy is it TBP: Image
dirtybenny
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

I've said before I'm not patently against a "non-white" Bond dark or otherwise, my problem comes from how it will be handled. If they just cast a man of color and continued in the Connery vein I'm sure all would be well, however I'm positive Babzy and EON will be sure to hit the audience over the head with the actor's race at every opportunity. We'll see Bond getting hassled by the cops, explain how hard life was growing up in the ghetto, etc. Think Boys in the Hood in a tuxedo. I wouldn't be surprised if they went as far as putting him in a "donked out" Aston and had him sag his suit trousers! Don't believe me? They've already done this emotional social justice claptrap with Craig and he's far more "Aryan" than his predecessors. The problem with progressives is they're a bunch of backhanded racists, they need to pigeon hole everyone to the proper category, you can't be "Authentically Black" unless you tick these boxes, funny how it doesn't work the other way, a white person is "authentic" whether they're a piece of "trailer trash" or a billionaire.
tbp82
Commander

Post by tbp82 »

bjmdds wrote:This guy is it TBP: Image
He's sitting in first place on my list for who Id like to see as the next Bond.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Forget it BJ. The Bond franchise is too far gone to be saved. We got M:I films to cling on for little while.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

tbp82 wrote:
He's sitting in first place on my list for who Id like to see as the next Bond.
You know it. I know it. Even FBF knows it. We all know it. He has NO equal for the role now IMHO. Why doesn't the green vegetable at EON know it :!: :cuss: Why is she STILL wasting OUR time with her 'porcupine-like' boy toy? Image Image
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Cr-egg's essence as Bond, ala Broccoli au 'Rotten': Image
derekpayne
Lieutenant

Post by derekpayne »

Ok in my view a chicken is a chicken and a sheep is a sheep. If you have a character that is a straight white Caucasian male ( boo hiss oh the horror) , then that is what the character is. If you want a different character , one of any number of ethnicity or gender or orientation then you create a new character for that with its own identity.

So if they want a gay or female 00 , great do it, but its not Bond. Its a 006 , or 008 . A new character with its own personality and style not encumbered with what went before.

Likewise, i have the same view with Dr Who, make it a new timelord or lady, with its own character story and agenda. Pc gender tinkering is lazy creativity and zeitgeist shock value ratings chasing.

If this is what they think is needed to keep these two characters interesting then i would rather 007 and the Dr were parked for a few years to take a break whilst they do something else with different characters instead.

Admittedly, the longer we have the Cregg Babs dream team the more i hope bond will be parked until they have both exited the mix.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Hello Derek, and I don't mean Mr. Flint :!: Glad to see you back. You are correct. These arrogant Hollywoodies just don't get the fact that we the people do NOT want ANY reinterpretations of iconic characters. The idiots at Star Trek are clueless as well with the Spock/Uhura and Sulu relationships too, as well as their changing prior storylines in an attempt to create their own originality, which it is not. Bond is set in stone as a character. There is NO debating it, unless you are Brrrrrrrrrrroccoli. :hair:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Blake Lively to Star in Spy Thriller From Bond Producers. :shock: The Rhythm Section, an adaptation of the first book in Mark Burnell’s four novel series, will be produced by IM Global and Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli of EON Productions. The Rhythm Section follows heroine Stephanie Patrick who, after the death of her family in an airplane crash on a flight that she was meant to be on, discovers the crash was not an accident. She then seeks to uncover the truth by adapting the identity of an assassin to track down those responsible. Production will begin later this year, with The Handmaid's Tale filmmaker Reed Morano set to direct. “It is exciting for us to be working with the immensely talented team of director Reed Morano and actress Blake Lively, who have a strong vision for this very compelling story driven by a female protagonist," Wilson and Broccoli said in a statement. Added IM Global founder Stuart Ford: “In Stephanie Patrick, Mark has created a unique female heroine who turns so many of the current cinematic clichés surrounding so-called “kick-ass” female leads on their head. To be bringing such a fresh, realistic and bold international thriller to the big screen with EON Productions, Reed and Blake is an exciting proposition for us all at IM Global.”--------you see where MGW's brains are now as his baby half-sister is calling all of the feminist shots now, which is where her TRUE passion lies, which is unfortunate for the Bond franchise. Image
tbp82
Commander

Post by tbp82 »

Gotta disagree. I think that the fact they are going with a female spy movie means they are likely to keep the Bond series as a man. Ive never been of the belief that Brocolli woul make James Bond a woman simply because its James Bond. Now they could give us a Jane Bond or a Jamie Bond or even a female 007 basically in the same way there's a Superman and a Supergirl.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

Actually I think this is good, it gets then (eon) working doing anything else but groveling at Craig's feet to beg him to save bond as the tabloids have it. It also might help them learn a little being involved with professionals who might have a finished script and professional behavior all of which Bond has been missing under Babs and MGW who grew up to inherit their jobs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
tbp82
Commander

Post by tbp82 »

Is Ross King someone who is considered a credible source or is this something else to be taking with a grain of salt?
dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

tbp82 wrote:Gotta disagree. I think that the fact they are going with a female spy movie means they are likely to keep the Bond series as a man. Ive never been of the belief that Brocolli woul make James Bond a woman simply because its James Bond. Now they could give us a Jane Bond or a Jamie Bond or even a female 007 basically in the same way there's a Superman and a Supergirl.
Omega wrote:Actually I think this is good, it gets then (eon) working doing anything else but groveling at Craig's feet to beg him to save bond as the tabloids have it. It also might help them learn a little being involved with professionals who might have a finished script and professional behavior all of which Bond has been missing under Babs and MGW who grew up to inherit their jobs
I agree with both of you, Babz is doing exactly what we all have been saying for years, "you want a female action hero go out and make one." She's finally taking the advice. Now she can get her cinematic feminist ya-yas out without belaboring Bond with them. And as Big O says, it will distract her from chasing the hairless albino chimp!
tbp82
Commander

Post by tbp82 »

I feel like Craig will be looking like the Bond's girls grandfather in the next film. Craig isn't like Moore who aged well or even Connery. He's always looked older and if they go with a young Bond girl like Cara Delevingne as rumuored by The Mirror then I think it's time for at least a younger looking Bond.
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote:Blake Lively to Star in Spy Thriller From Bond Producers. :shock: The Rhythm Section, an adaptation of the first book in Mark Burnell’s four novel series, will be produced by IM Global and Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli of EON Productions. The Rhythm Section follows heroine Stephanie Patrick who, after the death of her family in an airplane crash on a flight that she was meant to be on, discovers the crash was not an accident. She then seeks to uncover the truth by adapting the identity of an assassin to track down those responsible. Production will begin later this year, with The Handmaid's Tale filmmaker Reed Morano set to direct. “It is exciting for us to be working with the immensely talented team of director Reed Morano and actress Blake Lively, who have a strong vision for this very compelling story driven by a female protagonist," Wilson and Broccoli said in a statement. Added IM Global founder Stuart Ford: “In Stephanie Patrick, Mark has created a unique female heroine who turns so many of the current cinematic clichés surrounding so-called “kick-ass” female leads on their head. To be bringing such a fresh, realistic and bold international thriller to the big screen with EON Productions, Reed and Blake is an exciting proposition for us all at IM Global.”--------you see where MGW's brains are now as his baby half-sister is calling all of the feminist shots now, which is where her TRUE passion lies, which is unfortunate for the Bond franchise. Image
I wouldn't touch anything Babs related not even with a 10 foot poll.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

tbp82 wrote:Gotta disagree. I think that the fact they are going with a female spy movie means they are likely to keep the Bond series as a man. Ive never been of the belief that Brocolli woul make James Bond a woman simply because its James Bond. Now they could give us a Jane Bond or a Jamie Bond or even a female 007 basically in the same way there's a Superman and a Supergirl.
I was referring to Broccoli's emasculation of Fleming's character, with the help of her doltish half-brother.--------------------Spider-Man: Homecoming dropped a remarkable 62.2% last weekend, which is the largest second weekend drop for any film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe yet :!: Spider-child does not seem to have enthusiastic legs at the box office here in the USA, which is not surprising to me. Holland looks like a weakling and a punk kid in a Halloween costume that the suddenly sexpot "auntie" May could beat up, and if Downey was not in it, the box office would be off a lot more. Who are these idiots doing the castings these days in films? :hair: Image Image Are there any 'macho' directors out there to do these iconic characters justice?