The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by bjmdds »

Movieweb.com: This report also claims that there have been other clashes, leading to further issues behind the scenes. "There were clashes over budget and there's pandemonium among crew with people leaving the production left, right and centre." "There were discussions about killing off Bond in dramatic fashion at the end. It would be a final hurrah for Daniel, and leave fans hanging. It would also leave it open for a twist in the next installment, either Bond hadn't died or there could be a Doctor Who-esque regeneration with a new actor."
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

Killing Bond? Okay, I'm done.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Wall Street Journal: U.S. Consumer Confidence Surged in August to Near 18-Year High :!: Conference Board index climbed to 133.4 this month from 127.9 in July. :up: Great news here in the USA means a healthy economy for prosperity in 2018 :!:---------------------WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. consumer confidence surged to near an 18-year high in August, as households remained upbeat on the labor market, pointing to strong consumer spending that should help to sustain the economy for the remainder of the year :!:
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

bjmdds wrote:Movieweb.com: This report also claims that there have been other clashes, leading to further issues behind the scenes. "There were clashes over budget and there's pandemonium among crew with people leaving the production left, right and centre." "There were discussions about killing off Bond in dramatic fashion at the end. It would be a final hurrah for Daniel, and leave fans hanging. It would also leave it open for a twist in the next installment, either Bond hadn't died or there could be a Doctor Who-esque regeneration with a new actor."
I honestly think killing bond might be too far
For most in the audience, I expect it but bond has never put a end to the movies. “James Bond will will return”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

A big NO to koilling off Bond/having him regenerate. "Simpsons did it!" :x :lol: :lol:
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Omega wrote:
bjmdds wrote:Movieweb.com: This report also claims that there have been other clashes, leading to further issues behind the scenes. "There were clashes over budget and there's pandemonium among crew with people leaving the production left, right and centre." "There were discussions about killing off Bond in dramatic fashion at the end. It would be a final hurrah for Daniel, and leave fans hanging. It would also leave it open for a twist in the next installment, either Bond hadn't died or there could be a Doctor Who-esque regeneration with a new actor."
For most in the audience, I expect it but bond has never put a end to the movies. “James Bond will will return”

Don't discount the idea so soon, after all it's no more ridiculous than making Blofeld Bond's brother! It's just the sort of cheap soap opera theatrics Babzy and co. have been craving the past couple years! Plus it'll give them the flexibility to make the "code name conspiracy" (as I call it) cannon, because 5 people in the comments section on MI6 were disappointed that the fan theory that James Bond was a code name was officially foiled by showing the graves of Bond's parents in Skyfall.
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

According to The Sun, Bond producer Barbara Broccoli is said to support a cliffhanger end to the film, involving the death of 007 :!: :hair: :shock: Image
John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Post by John P. Drake »

As much as I despise Barbara Broccoli, I'd say anything The Sun says should be taken with a grain of salt.
dirtybenny
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

bjmdds wrote:According to The Sun, Bond producer Barbara Broccoli is said to support a cliffhanger end to the film, involving the death of 007 :!: :hair: :shock: Image
Family resemblance?
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Yeah, I don't believe in this regeneration nonsense for a moment. It works within the internal logic of Doctor Who, but not Bond.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Goldeneye
Site Admin

Post by Goldeneye »

I could see Barbara Broccoli and Craig thinking it would be appropriate for Craig the man who defines Bond to die at the end of the movie. I sure they believe the audience would mourn the passing just as much as they do. If by some chance the movie bombs then they will blame the audience not being ready for Bond to die never thinking the world was ready to move on from Craig six years ago.
acid
Commander
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, From Russia with Love, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, Octopussy, For Your Eyes Only, A View To a Kill, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye

Post by acid »

dirtybenny wrote:
Omega wrote:

Don't discount the idea so soon, after all it's no more ridiculous than making Blofeld Bond's brother! It's just the sort of cheap soap opera theatrics Babzy and co. have been craving the past couple years! Plus it'll give them the flexibility to make the "code name conspiracy" (as I call it) cannon, because 5 people in the comments section on MI6 were disappointed that the fan theory that James Bond was a code name was officially foiled by showing the graves of Bond's parents in Skyfall.
I lump killing Bond right in with Trek's repeatedly destroying the Enterprise and, even more so, with killing off Kirk. Particularly when you consider they had no qualms about killing him off only to later pilfer his character and crew with a new cast for the reboot. It shows so little respect for the longer term story. The more these sort of things are done, the weaker people's mental representations of the characters and universe become. It's like they're very slowly poisoning their own brand, one movie at a time, until one day in the future it could be utterly worthless.

On the other side of the coin, I have to say that having the ever present possibility that the character could be killed off, or in some other way permanently harmed, isn't all bad. The very, very occasional death of a major character, if done well, can add tension (the trouble is these days it's massively overused in almost every franchise) because it dissolves the assumed invincibility of characters like Bond. When the audience knows they're invincible, it does take away a certain amount of the excitement and danger, although I've never had a huge problem with that because there's still a lot of excitement in not knowing exactly how and when Bond will escape.

I think in this particular case, if Babs and Craig really are toying with the idea of killing Craig's Bond, and it's not just another fake rumor, it shows a tremendous arrogance, this whole bigger-than-Bond presumption. Sort of playing God with Bond, but an immature, petulant god.

Oh, and I absolutely hate the Bond-as-a-code-name conspiracy. It's like they're hyper-obsessed with the fact that one character gets played by more than one actor and possibly with the real world timescale over which it happens. But why focus on that? There's all sorts of anomalies on a fictional movie they could instead pick up on. The presence of music, the instantaneous changes of scene, the make-up, visible stunt doubles, expositional dialog! None of that needs to necessitate an in-universe explanation! It's obviously popular as it might even be why Jason Bourne's name turns out to really be David Webb (Hey, I wonder if Bourne's creator, Ludlum, was a fan of Cliff Richard, born Harry Webb :?: ).
"Wonderful for poison pen letters..."
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Top Gun: Maverick. The movie was originally slated for a July 12, 2019 release date and has been delayed nearly a year to June 26, 2020 :!: :roll: The slate for next November 2019 has moved a bit as well. Earlier this month Bond 25 lost its director and there is an extremely good chance that the movie isn’t going to make its November 8, 2019 release date. It seems that Paramount is counting on that as they move their Sonic the Hedgehog adaptation up a week from November 15th to the 8th.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

A former NBC News producer who was working with Ronan Farrow on the reporter's investigation of alleged sexual misconduct by Harvey Weinstein claimed Thursday that an order to stop pursuing the bombshell story came from "the very highest levels at NBC." Rich McHugh, who left the network's investigative unit earlier this month, said the order came as he and Farrow were preparing to travel to Los Angeles to interview a woman "with a credible allegation of rape" against the now-disgraced movie producer.......NBC is a joke :!: CBS has Les Moonves' issues and now NBC has this :!: Lester Holt should also go back to Fugitive movie cameos and resign from the Nightly News too, as he is an incompetent figurehead for the higher ups at NBC. :down:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Rachel Weisz, 48, and Daniel Craig, 50, welcome their first child together as they reveal they are 'very happy' at birth of baby girl...........maybe they will name her Barbara. :idea:...................According to THR, Disney has enlisted veteran strategist Cynthia Swartz — who previously handled awards bids for films like The Social Network, Boyhood, and The Grand Budapest Hotel — to mount the Marvel movie Black Panther's Oscar :hair: :shock: campaign. And per Boseman, it appears the team is more interested in becoming a best picture contender than a popular film one.
Last edited by bjmdds on Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Napoleon Solo
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love

Post by Napoleon Solo »

Caveat emptor: The Mirror has a story saying Barbara Broccoli wants Bond 25 to have an "open-ended" conclusion modeled after the From Russia With Love novel. Part of the reason is to try to entice Daniel Craig back for Bond 26.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity- ... n=sharebar
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

She will never let this moron go :!: She does not even realize he is past tense in Bond folklore now.
acid
Commander
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, From Russia with Love, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, Octopussy, For Your Eyes Only, A View To a Kill, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye

Post by acid »

bjmdds wrote:She will never let this moron go :!: She does not even realize he is past tense in Bond folklore now.
Too right! So assuming they manage to wrap up filming of Bond 25 in 2020, he'll be 52, around 3 years older than Pierce was in DAD. Another 5 years, which could easily be the time for Bond 26 to complete, and he'll pass Roger's 57 years from AVTAK to become the most elderly Bond. And Moore aged a lot more gracefully.
"Wonderful for poison pen letters..."
dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

acid wrote:
bjmdds wrote:She will never let this moron go :!: She does not even realize he is past tense in Bond folklore now.
Too right! So assuming they manage to wrap up filming of Bond 25 in 2020, he'll be 52, around 3 years older than Pierce was in DAD. Another 5 years, which could easily be the time for Bond 26 to complete, and he'll pass Roger's 57 years from AVTAK to become the most elderly Bond. And Moore aged a lot more gracefully.
You took the words right out of my keyboard old boy! I was just about to type the exact same point when you beat me to it!

I think the bigger picture here is not that Babz wants Craig around so much as she's afraid to recast the role. I feel, being that she's way out of her depth as a producer, she's afraid lightning won't strike twice and her new boy toy won't resonate with audiences. You could make the argument lightning didn't strike the first time as Craig's casting fractured the fan base (though personally, her stupid story lines went much farther in that endeavor). Another thought, if she replaces Craig she'll have to put her money where her mouth is so to speak, as a "woke" feminist what does she replace him with? A male actor of color? A female? A female actor of color? A non binary gender queer actor of un-assumed racial identity? You get the point and even Babz knows that wouldn't sell but she'd look like a hypocrite to her leftist friends.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

I think any time they want to recast it makes eon sweat, it’s why many believed Brosnan wouldn’t be cast aside for a unknown in 2005, it’s why Rodger Moore stayed on as long as he did. Problem is Moore stayed on too long and dalton wasn’t given enough to work with almost killing the franchise but it’s was still healthier in 1990 than it is today where it’s running full speed into a dead end because somebody forgot the role was bigger than one actor. Somebody also abandoned the ground cubby staked out and bond lost the uniqueness becoming a movie series centered around one actors ego

............ :007: