The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:Now that Denis Villeneuve has confirmed that he will not be taking the reigns on the latest Bond gig (although he'd like to), the door is open for another high profile director to take on the biggest franchise in film, and it looks like it might just be Christopher Nolan. A Spanish website dedicated to 007 is reporting that the Dunkirk, Batman and Inception director is all-but locked in for the job, citing two sources from the UK and US, adding that the official announcement will be made sometime in January or February 2018. While the news might sound speculative, Bond franchise chief Barbara Broccoli recently claimed that a major announcement for the next movie was due to arrive in the new year. "A Bond movie, definitely," Nolan said in an interview with Playboy earlier this year. "I've spoken to the producers Barbara Broccoli and Michael G. Wilson over the years. "I deeply love the character, and I'm always excited to see what they do with it," he added. :shock:
Meh. As always, I'll believe it when it's officially announced, and not before.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

Kristatos wrote:
bjmdds wrote:Now that Denis Villeneuve has confirmed that he will not be taking the reigns on the latest Bond gig (although he'd like to), the door is open for another high profile director to take on the biggest franchise in film, and it looks like it might just be Christopher Nolan. A Spanish website dedicated to 007 is reporting that the Dunkirk, Batman and Inception director is all-but locked in for the job, citing two sources from the UK and US, adding that the official announcement will be made sometime in January or February 2018. While the news might sound speculative, Bond franchise chief Barbara Broccoli recently claimed that a major announcement for the next movie was due to arrive in the new year. "A Bond movie, definitely," Nolan said in an interview with Playboy earlier this year. "I've spoken to the producers Barbara Broccoli and Michael G. Wilson over the years. "I deeply love the character, and I'm always excited to see what they do with it," he added. :shock:
Meh. As always, I'll believe it when it's officially announced, and not before.
Was Denis Villeneuve a 'High Profile Director'? The quote from Christopher Nolan is from the summer and finishes by adding the franchise does not need him. IF any of this is true then maybe Barbara is noticing her 007 is wearing poorly and thinks taking a gamble on a director like Nolan she will not be able to control might get the fans put off by Daniel's last film to come back one more time.
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

Count_Lippe wrote:
Goldeneye wrote:It really has been shocking how much abuse was, perhaps is, going on in Hollywood. I can not fathom how these people ever thought this was behavior was acceptable
It's obvious the intention of this campaign is to demonize all men though, not just men in Hollywood.

And in show business probably many females won't hesitate to use sex as a means to get favours that will help their career. They're not innocent as lambs I'm sure.

Now this MeToo campaign has become so fashionable all women want to be included in it. Women lie and exaggerate a lot as well.

This s**t won't make it easier for the old fashioned womanizing 007 to return, that's for sure. :lol:
As I have not watched a Bond film sine Quantum I might be off in my understanding of these scenes, Daniel's Bond was far sexual preditor-ish in Skyfall where he has his way with a sex slave, and Spectre where he forces himself on a recently widowed woman. If I understand those scenes they are not in the remotest realm of who James Bond is, those actually sound like Bond needs to register as a sexual offender, which maybe Barbara's point.
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Bryan Singer was sued Thursday for allegedly raping a 17-year-old boy on a yacht in Seattle in 2003. :cuss: The alleged victim, Cesar Sanchez-Guzman, accused the director of forcing him to perform oral sex. According to the suit, which was filed in state court in Seattle, the director then forcibly performed oral sex on Sanchez-Guzman and then anally penetrated him. Later, Singer approached Sanchez-Guzman and told him he was a producer and could help him get into acting if he did not say anything about the incident, the suit alleges. “He then told Cesar that no one would believe him if he ever reported the incident, and that he could hire people who are capable of ruining someone’s reputation,” the lawsuit states. The suit comes just three days after Singer was fired from “Bohemian Rhapsody,” the biopic of Freddy Mercury now shooting in London. Singer was repeatedly absent from the set and did not return after Thanksgiving, causing a shutdown in production. After he was fired, Singer said he was unable to make it to the set because he was caring for an ailing parent. :shock:
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

bjmdds wrote:The Latest: San Diego fire burns 1,000 acres :!: Where is MoneyPenny? That's her home town :!: Put out an all points bulletin to find her :!: FBF is also AWOL in California :!: Image
I
Hope they both are OK and their families are safe. I’ve lived through massive wildfires we were lucky enough not to have to evacuate. I can attest to how surreal and scary it is. Freaking horizon glowing, smoke and ash choking off breath.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

bjmdds wrote:Bryan Singer was sued Thursday for allegedly raping a 17-year-old boy on a yacht in Seattle in 2003. :cuss: The alleged victim, Cesar Sanchez-Guzman, accused the director of forcing him to perform oral sex. According to the suit, which was filed in state court in Seattle, the director then forcibly performed oral sex on Sanchez-Guzman and then anally penetrated him. Later, Singer approached Sanchez-Guzman and told him he was a producer and could help him get into acting if he did not say anything about the incident, the suit alleges. “He then told Cesar that no one would believe him if he ever reported the incident, and that he could hire people who are capable of ruining someone’s reputation,” the lawsuit states. The suit comes just three days after Singer was fired from “Bohemian Rhapsody,” the biopic of Freddy Mercury now shooting in London. Singer was repeatedly absent from the set and did not return after Thanksgiving, causing a shutdown in production. After he was fired, Singer said he was unable to make it to the set because he was caring for an ailing parent. Image
Singer should of been fired a few ears ago when he first was exposed as a pedophile. But he was too d**n good at making X-men movies for fox to let him go. If Disney buys Fox I’d imagine we would get that universe added to their marvel universe.

With singer this newest scandal will just be the beginning.

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

My guess on the director rumor is someone like guy ritchy would be a better fit and easier get.
This rumor seem like that helicopter rumor sparked by EON buying it for another movie.

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Justice league failure causing a shake up at WB. Is crow on the menu?

http://www.slashfilm.com/dc-movies-shake-up/

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Omega wrote:Justice league failure causing a shake up at WB. Is crow on the menu?
The Crow is due to be rebooted, yes :D
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Ouch. Ya got me !

Count_Lippe
Agent

Post by Count_Lippe »

Blowfeld wrote: As I have not watched a Bond film sine Quantum I might be off in my understanding of these scenes, Daniel's Bond was far sexual preditor-ish in Skyfall where he has his way with a sex slave, and Spectre where he forces himself on a recently widowed woman. If I understand those scenes they are not in the remotest realm of who James Bond is, those actually sound like Bond needs to register as a sexual offender, which maybe Barbara's point.
Yes and slapping a girl's behind is also considered severe sexual harassment according to MeToo. Of course real sexual abuse shouldn't be tolerated, but now even relatively mild stuff is considered a crime in the MeToo campaign. In this scene in GF Bond knew the girl, she wasn't a total stranger, and it was done in a friendly manner after all. But it would definitely not be politically correct today for Bond to do this.

(Btw it must be Nikki van der Zyl's voice yet again when Dink is talking.)

[video][/video]
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Omega wrote:Justice league failure causing a shake up at WB. Is crow on the menu?

http://www.slashfilm.com/dc-movies-shake-up/

These idiots know nothing whatsoever about what should be in a superhero movie :!: They can hire anyone here and we would straighten out their mistakes, the first being to fire every actor except Gal Gadot and recast them with proper choices :!: Eisenberg is indicative of how wrong they got it :!: I told you this a year ago that this film would be bad and it is. The next Avengers film will double the box office of the Injustice League Of Ordinary Miscreants :!:--next week, get ready for a $1 billion+ Star Wars domestic box office take when it's run here is over :!:--------------------Scott Mendelson:The bad news is that it'll end up with less than "It" ($695m) and arguably take the prize for the biggest-grossing "flop" of all time. :clap:
John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Post by John P. Drake »

If only Jon Hamm was cast as Batman. He's got the looks and the voice, making him the perfect Bruce Wayne and Batman!

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

John P. Drake wrote:If only Jon Hamm was cast as Batman. He's got the looks and the voice, making him the perfect Bruce Wayne and Batman!
Isn't he being talked about as a possible replacement for Affleck?
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

He is supposed to be in the running anyway.

OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger, OHMSS, FRWL, The Living Daylights

Post by 007 »

I don't really give a monkeys about the next Bond film and have no plans to watch it but a Reddit user who has apparently been accurate in past scoops posted this speculation:

Not sure how true this is....but I've heard that Nolan could be involved in Bond 25. I've heard that Purvis and Wade have written the script, which is designed as a farewell to Craig's Bond. EON have Yann Demange pretty much set to direct that script, but he isn't signed and has been in a holding pattern for months whilst EON play the field. Denis Villeneuve pulled out of consideration (never offered, as far as I understand) but was back in the mix after Blade Runner flopped. He may get it.

However, Nolan has apparently come up with a story idea and EON are tempted to throw the old script out for him. Supposedly, this became more than just an "idea" about a month or so ago. It's very early, but EON are willing to do a 180 if it means he commits. I also hear it may not be an idea that Nolan would even direct. Just something he'd be involved in. There is some talk that the idea doesn't involve Craig. I'm unsure if this means Nolan takes over the reigns for Bond 26 or is involved in some capacity in Bond 25. It's v murky. The general sentiment is that EON are playing the field at the moment and are unwilling to commit to anything yet. It's also likely they'll sell Bond after the next film. MGW is retiring and it's well known that Broccoli wants to produce prestige fare.
"I’m looking for Commander Bond and not an overgrown stunt-man." - Ian Fleming
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Happy to be proved wrong on this, but I'm sceptical of an story that involves Craig being fired now after they made such a hoo-hah about his return in Bond 25. It smacks of wishful thinking, and would be pretty humiliating for them.
John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Post by John P. Drake »

Judging by the interviews featuring Barbara Broccoli, I am more than sure she'll tear the whole world apart just to keep Craig in the role as long as she has him.
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Like Kris and John P. I'm skeptical of the story, however it does make a bit of sense when you consider that as far as I know EON hasn't officially announced Craig's return. Perhaps they are wooing Nolan who would most certainly want to start with a clean slate, including a Bond of his choosing and Craig has only been retained as a back up. Letting Nolan chose Craig's replacement also takes that responsibility from Babz who I personally believe, is afraid to do it herself.

As far as selling Bond, I'm sure MGW is near retirement if he isn't already, he only seems to pop up around the time they release the films like some sort of Bond groundhog. Babz on the other hand... I would be absolutely shocked if she sold out. As much as I'm (and the rest of us are) sure she abhors Fleming's creation, he's the only thing keeping her relevant in Hollywood. Without Bond there is absolutely no reason for anyone to talk to her (unless you count Film Stars Don't Die in Liverpool :roll: ). Now, she could hand the operations over to someone else, but no way she walks completely away from Bond!
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Broccoli won't be interested in Bond after Cr-egg is replaced. She couldn't care less about Fleming's Bond, and for the right price, she could slither off and sell. Nolan and Turner with NO Broccoli is the way to flourish :!: FBF, you would be most happy :!: