The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

Now Bryan singer is postponing work because he is “sick”, I’d bet he’s about to be named again as a predator

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Justice league reacts to avengers trailer

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

More stories looking at caping JL bo to under $700 million.

John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Post by John P. Drake »

I'm all for exposing predators and whatnot, but why is it only men the ones getting exposed? I am sure there are as much plenty of women who have done pretty much the same thing if not worse. Why aren't they being called out again? I'm sensing a pattern here.
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Men must start opening their mouths too Drakester. You are correct. The difference is the men probably enjoyed it. :idea:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Omega wrote:More stories looking at caping JL bo to under $700 million.

Flop city O........flop city :!: :down:
John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Post by John P. Drake »

bjmdds wrote:Men must start opening their mouths too Drakester. You are correct. The difference is the men probably enjoyed it. :idea:
Perhaps, BJ. Perhaps. But, that's assuming the "victims" are men, not women. In this day and age, misandry is condoned while misogyny highly antagonized, I am sure there are influential women who used pretty much the same blackmails and demands on women alike. I don't hear them talking. Why's that, one may ask?
Last edited by John P. Drake on Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Trump-related posts have been moved to the Trump thread. Again.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

John P. Drake wrote:
bjmdds wrote:Men must start opening their mouths too Drakester. You are correct. The difference is the men probably enjoyed it. :idea:
Perhaps, BJ. Perhaps. But, that's supposing the "victims" are men, not women. In this day and age, misandry is condoned while misogyny highly antagonized, I am sure there are influential women who used pretty much the same blackmails and demands on women alike. I don't hear them talking. Why's that, one may ask?
IMO it’s easier to recognize a man as predator, just fits the narrative better. This myth about women being more honest or less likely to harass is bogus

I’ve had two different jobs where older female managers were a little to forward. One was touchy like to give shoulder massages, as we know I’m one of those people who like there personal space.

The next place I experienced female boss doing this was a federal park where I worked the season for a couple of years, basically a season was when the snow melted until snow closed the roads. The woman was a fairly high manager but not my direct superior she was very forward about joining her for drinks and later parties. She was running some wild sex parties from what I heard, definitely not my scene. Her approaches made me nervous to be around her and I avoided her when I could. I was a young kid (19-21) unsure how to deal with it don’t know if I’d be any better now.
But let me tell you federal parks are not what you think they, especially are when you have staff living there on site. Freaking firemen were having all kinds of drinking parties with under aged girls, even the security (f’ing federal cops) got in on this s**t.
The rangers holy crap the stuff they were into, then add to that outsourced people to run restaurant and concession. 70% of us were very young adults or close to it. This was everybody firemen to hotel restaurant staff.

Our guests were no better some of the girls told me guest you’d think might be ok would leave the room key (key card) on the table with a note for their waitress. One girl asked me to be out on the floor with her because some guy did this to her and he wasn’t leaving, kept lingering as the restaurant was closing 10-11pm she was getting scared of being out on the floor alone as most of the staff that lived in town had left already on the last bus out.

We would also have guest hit up the staff for drugs cause I guess they were on vacation away from their dealer.

I don’t doubt women have tougher time with come ons, and I’ve unwelcome advances happen to me from both men and women, part of being a adult I guess, I just don’t believe any gender or sexual orientation is more moral or better behaved. Humans are sexual beings, most of our evolution pushes us towards it beyond cold logic and reason.

John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

See, if society was more strict as it was some five decades ago before the "swinging" age, we wouldn't even be having this conversation. :picard:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

How about just professional behavior?

John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

That'd work, too.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

John P. Drake wrote:See, if society was more strict as it was some five decades ago before the "swinging" age, we wouldn't even be having this conversation. :picard:
You think sexual harassment is a recent invention? Studying genealogy will disabuse you of that notion. Most family trees have the offspring of a nobleman and a peasant wench somewhere in the line, and I'm willing to bet most of those liaisons weren't consensual.
John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

Kristatos wrote:
John P. Drake wrote:See, if society was more strict as it was some five decades ago before the "swinging" age, we wouldn't even be having this conversation. :picard:
You think sexual harassment is a recent invention? Studying genealogy will disabuse you of that notion. Most family trees have the offspring of a nobleman and a peasant wench somewhere in the line, and I'm willing to bet most of those liaisons weren't consensual.
I've made such indication nowhere in my comment. There has been sexual harassment situations since the beginning of time. Yet, there were certain periods of time sexual misconducts were greatly antagonized, frowned upon and put down. But, we're past that time since nowadays their glorification is skyrocketing.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Samsung officially launches their smart flip phone, the W2018: ImageThe device is rather ludicrously prices at CNY15,999, which roughly translates to $2418.00 USD :!: :hair: Will the gold one be in Shatterhand?
Last edited by bjmdds on Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

For that price, it had better cook dinner for me.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Warner Bros. and DC Comics' Justice League finished in second place with an estimated $16.5 million, dropping 60% after the holiday weekend as the film's cume now stands just above $197 million. Internationally, Justice League grossed an estimated $35.7 million in 66 markets bringing its overseas running cume to $370.1 million for a global cume that tops $567 million.-------this is terrible after 3 weekends :!: Transfer Wonder Woman to the Marvel universe and ditch the DC franchise.
John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

Haha, I think I'll stick to my iPhone. And I'm not fond of iPhone. :lol:

I mean, the price aside, look at the size of it.
Atticus
Lieutenant

Post by Atticus »

Some interesting discussions going on here. But going back to the Annapurna deal with MGM: as others pointed out, I can also see this being negative to the Bond series. Yeah, Megan Ellison is of the SJW cloth, vehemently liberal, deep in the Hollywood AND Silicon Valley culture. It’s not so much about whatever she does to “feminize” Bond but more about her politics getting in the way. So about Zero Dark Thirty and Sausage Party, well the first film never shows us the face of Bin Laden, and I take this as pandering to the Islamic world. Of course, there also has to be a top CIA official with a prayer rug in the middle of his office and we actually see him praying to Allah. He even tells the female CIA character (Jessica something) that he’s so different from other CIA bosses because he shares her desire to capture Bin Laden. It’s PC all the way. Yeah, the only top CIA official who really wants to get Bin Laden is a Muslim. Now that’s hope and change. Sausage Party, though, is an adult animation. I remember seeing this in a hotel room, an on-demand kind of thing. I remember, when it was released, that it was attacked for being an anti-religious piece disguised as a comical sex cartoon. I did chuckle a few times but you can’t shake off that anti-religious theme, and I can see why religious people were angry. There’s also the bizarre sexual content, an animated food orgy. As animated as possible, the film actually delves into this, although the food items (mercifully) don’t have any visible sexual organs. There’s even two characters with homoerotic urges (Craig’s gay Bond that Mendes, Logan, and Babs created wouldn’t be out of place in Annapurna’s portfolio). Of course, Sausage Party is the kind of film you’d get from Seth Rogen, raunchy, wild, crass, etc. But seems to me both films are expressing the Hollywood view. Whatever that view is, somewhere in its center is this business of being more afraid of conservative Christian traditional movie-goers than they are of ISIS, al-Qaeda, and illegal immigrants. And yeah, Annapurna also handled American Hustle which is a hack version of the Abscam incident. The real Abscam was about the successful FBI sting of elected public officials who were involved with bribes from a fake Arab sheikh. Suddenly, in this movie, the story changes to a Jewish con artist, “Irving Rosenfeld” (Christian Bale), as the creator of the scams, and he invents more scams, including the fake Arab sheikh, which becomes a side show. I think it was Debbie Schlussel who called this movie a giant anti-Semitic lie and a depiction of phony history.
Atticus
Lieutenant

Post by Atticus »

Kristatos wrote:If it's true and if Sigman comes forward. Sadly, there are a lot of reasons why she wouldn't.
I remember this rumor, or allegation. It came from a guy called Enty, apparently notorious for the dirt in Hollywood. This Enty dude still has the report on his site: http://www.crazydaysandnights.net/2015/ ... trike.html

Today's Blind Items - Sex Strike

Largely the drama that has been unfolding on this film set has been kept under wraps. They have a great PR team and the film has been shooting overseas so it is not that easy to do much digging. Here is what was found though, with a little digging. Our star is beloved by millions as a sexy male lead. The fact that he is dumber than a box of rocks is irrelevant to his loyal fans. One thing he loves most is having sex with his co-star or someone who is at least in the opening credits and not some extra or a person with a walk on role. Our actor is married and A+ list in this particular role and probably A-/B+ in all others because he has been all miss outside of the role. Our actor thought his co-star would be open to an arrangement during filming. He has always had a crush on her. She rebuffed him though. Everyone loves her and he is just one of many to try and win her affections. He called her some nasty names and then ordered producers to find him someone who would sleep with him and to replace his co-star. They wouldn't so our actor faked an injury. Twice. Finally the producers and our actor reached a compromise. The co-star would stay but a new role would be added. Our actor had final say over casting and the actress knows exactly why she is there and her acting talent is secondary.

If this is true, the new role added was probably for the Sigman girl.