The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

Interesting shows just how much the worldwide audience has grown. Significantly bigger than recent years.
3 day weekend estimates are out, Coco wins 1st with $49 million, JL takes $40 million dropping about 43% which would be good except for the low first weekend.

Murder on the orient express clears another $13 million which is big considering it’s the 3rd weekend and it’s almost the same take as the 2nd weekend. With this it’ll clear $200 million Worldwide and maybe do a little better before the end. This means fox correctly judge the holiday season this year and perfectly timed the release between 2 monster action hero movies making money at this point more the WB is going to clear with JL.
BTW the real orient express had to change locomotive engines something like 40 times on the route. Never got that impression from the history on train travel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I generally wait for the actuals before commenting, but I have to say, I was expecting a much bigger drop for Justice League.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Omega wrote:Interesting shows just how much the worldwide audience has grown. Significantly bigger than recent years.
3 day weekend estimates are out, Coco wins 1st with $49 million, JL takes $40 million dropping about 43% which would be good except for the low first weekend.

Murder on the orient express clears another $13 million which is big considering it’s the 3rd weekend and it’s almost the same take as the 2nd weekend. With this it’ll clear $200 million Worldwide and maybe do a little better before the end. This means fox correctly judge the holiday season this year and perfectly timed the release between 2 monster action hero movies making money at this point more the WB is going to clear with JL.
BTW the real orient express had to change locomotive engines something like 40 times on the route. Never got that impression from the history on train travel.

Big O, it dropped 57%------it held 43% of it's box office. No way this garbage will hold well weekly. Nov 17–19--- weekend 1-- $93,842,239
Nov 24–26--- weekend 2-- $40,730,000 -56.6%
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Omega wrote:Interesting shows just how much the worldwide audience has grown. Significantly bigger than recent years.
In particular, it shows that China is now a big enough market that it can get a film into the worldwide year-end box office top 5 by itself. Wolf Warrior 2 made $854 million at the box office, only $13 million of which came from outside China.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Actuals are in Coco $50 million 3 day weekend & JL @ $41 million

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:
In particular, it shows that China is now a big enough market that it can get a film into the worldwide year-end box office top 5 by itself. Wolf Warrior 2 made $854 million at the box office, only $13 million of which came from outside China.
the Chinese BO is troubling because the government and theater owners play a lot of games with the ticket sales. And so far Hollywood only gets 24-25% of the Chinese BO, if China decides to pay them the funds at all.
Could be that wolf warrior box office includes ticket sales for western movies, it’s happened before but it could be a legit total too.

This place has good data on the World wide BO
https://www.statista.com/statistics/252 ... e-revenue/
U.S.A. & Canada lead the world in BO sales,
But China is a very close second, followed by Japan, India, UK, South Korea, France, Germany, Australia, & Mexico, except for Australia and Mexico each of those countries has at least a billion dollars spent on movie tickets. Australia and Mexico are very close to a billion but just shy.
Forgetting about China just counting Japan through Mexico it is more than the U.S.A. & Canada spend on tickets by over a billion.
Can’t forget that each of these top countries have a large film Industry of their own, so not all that BO is flowing back to Hollywood.

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Keith Olbermann has announced that he is retiring from political commentary. Now, I don't like to make predictions, but I think I can guess what the next Keith Olbermann story we're likely to see is.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

But he’s such an enlightened feminist ! :shock:

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Kristatos wrote:Keith Olbermann has announced that he is retiring from political commentary. Now, I don't like to make predictions, but I think I can guess what the next Keith Olbermann story we're likely to see is.
He is a pathetic and demented piece of garbage :!: If he threw himself off of a building, he would be doing the world a favor :!: I despise his presence on this planet :!:----2012: The exposé allegedly comes from a former staff member of MSNBC’s version of Countdown who claims that, during his or her time there, there was a 75% staff turnover rate, almost entirely because Olbermann was “the walking definition of a hostile work environment.” The writer claims that, if Olbermann “didn’t like someone, he’d berate them and belittle their work until they left the show,”
John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Post by John P. Drake »

So, who's excited for the full soundtrack release of Die Another Day by La-La Land Records tomorrow? I'm definitely buying it!
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:2012: The exposé allegedly comes from a former staff member of MSNBC’s version of Countdown who claims that, during his or her time there, there was a 75% staff turnover rate, almost entirely because Olbermann was “the walking definition of a hostile work environment.” The writer claims that, if Olbermann “didn’t like someone, he’d berate them and belittle their work until they left the show,”
I've heard those stories too. I suppose one shouldn't jump to conclusions, but workplace bullying and sexual harassment tend to go hand in hand. That, coupled with his sudden "retirement", makes me think that he's about to become the subject of some #MeToo posts on social media.
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

John P. Drake wrote:So, who's excited for the full soundtrack release of Die Another Day by La-La Land Records tomorrow? I'm definitely buying it!
Sound interesting. I read that it is rematered and a limited edition.
Bring back Bond!
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

carl stromberg wrote:
John P. Drake wrote:So, who's excited for the full soundtrack release of Die Another Day by La-La Land Records tomorrow? I'm definitely buying it!
Does this have more tracks than the one that was released in 2002?
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

Kristatos wrote:
carl stromberg wrote:
Here is bit from some strange website :wink: :

https://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/article ... nded-score

Remastered and expanded, with over an hour of never-before-released music, this 2-CD deluxe presentation.... Produced by David Arnold and Neil S. Bulk, and mastered by Doug Schwartz, from new transfers of analog stereo tapes provided by the composer, this special release is limited to 5000 units
Bring back Bond!
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

carl stromberg wrote:
Kristatos wrote:
carl stromberg wrote:
Here is bit from some strange website :wink: :

https://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/article ... nded-score

Remastered and expanded, with over an hour of never-before-released music, this 2-CD deluxe presentation.... Produced by David Arnold and Neil S. Bulk, and mastered by Doug Schwartz, from new transfers of analog stereo tapes provided by the composer, this special release is limited to 5000 units
why?

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

And now we can add Matt Lauer’s name to the list of predators. WTF is going on in Hollywood?!
Party at Caligula’s supposed to be a joke.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Matt Lauer being fired over allegations of sexual harassment is laced with irony given that Lauer is suspected to have played a key role in leaking the infamous Hollywood Access tape that was used to demonize Donald Trump as an abuser of women. NBC announced it was terminating Lauer’s contract following “a detailed complaint from a colleague about inappropriate sexual behavior in the workplace.” The network also revealed that it was “also presented with reason to believe this may not have been an isolated incident.” If the claims are true that Lauer has engaged in the sexual harassment of women, it sheds a different light on the Today host’s role in framing Donald Trump as a misogynist who harassed women. :up: :Happy: :clap: :happy spin: :cheers: ----------first Rose on CBS-------now Lauer on NBC--------Stephanopoulos is next on ABC :!: THREE liberal frauds who could care less about women's rights :!:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Omega wrote:And now we can add Matt Lauer’s name to the list of predators. WTF is going on in Hollywood?!
Party at Caligula’s supposed to be a joke.

It's been going on for DECADES big O :!: It's starting to unravel now in the liberally biased Hollywood and media circles and-------"you ain't seen nothing yet :!: "--------just wait :!: Plenty more to come in Congress and Hollywood and the media, the liberal bastions of decency and human rights :!: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

[video][/video] As the co-host of NBC’s “Today,” Matt Lauer once gave a colleague a sex toy as a present. It included an explicit note about how he wanted to use it on her, which left her mortified. :cuss: On another day, he summoned a different female employee to his office, and then dropped his pants, showing her his penis. :hair: After the employee declined to do anything, visibly shaken, he reprimanded her for not engaging in a sexual act. He would sometimes quiz female producers about who they’d slept with, offering to trade names. And he loved to engage in a crass quiz game with men and women in the office: “-—, marry, or kill,” in which he would identify the female co-hosts that he’d most like to sleep with. :jack:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

[video][/video] [video][/video] This ABC halfwit is NEXT :!: The world would be better off without him too :!: