The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:22 am Craggy: "I'll only play James Bond if I don't actually have to play James Bond."

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-ente ... 1601550898

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
Pretty much sums it up right there Kris.
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Music video released. A tormented dirge................
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote: Music video released. A tormented dirge................
Wasn't this released earlier in the year, or did I dream it?

"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

New music video released yesterday.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

I haven’t heard much about this song in the states

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

It feels like that Eilish song came out about 4 years ago.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:It feels like that Eilish song came out about 4 years ago.
It came out in February, ahead of the original release date. I guess this is a re-release of sorts for the November release...which has now been put back again, to next April. It's almost like EON don't know what they're doing, but I find that hard to believe, given their legendary reputation for competence. Yes, that was sarcasm.

dirtybenny
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:46 pm It feels like that Eilish song came out about 4 years ago.
That's probably because it, like all of Eilish's music sounds exactly alike, dull, plodding and uninspiring.
Kristatos wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:28 pm It's almost like EON don't know what they're doing, but I find that hard to believe, given their legendary reputation for competence.
Comedy gold Kris!
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

What they postponed it again? So mgm blew another how many million?

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

“MGM, Universal and Bond producers, Michael G Wilson and Barbara Broccoli, today announced the release of No Time To Die, the 25th film in the James Bond series, will be delayed until 2 April in order to be seen by a worldwide theatrical audience. We understand the delay will be disappointing to our fans but we now look forward to sharing No Time To Die next year,” said the studio in a statement. -------------this is ridiculous. It is Ground Hog Day revisited. It will be 15 years that Cr-egg is Bond. Broccoli cannot let him go, no matter what :!: Another 6 year gap to boot but this time the actor will end his run instead of starting a new one :!: Our work continues another 7 months :!: :hair:
James
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: On Her Majesty's Secret Service
Favorite Movies: George A Romero's Dawn Of The Dead
Silent Running
Harold and Maude

Post by James »

Saw this post on the Commander Bond forum. I think a lot of people are sick to death of this film now and it hasn't even come out yet.

Bored shitless with everything NTTD already - Seydoux, Waltz, the same Arnold arrangement used in all the promos, the truly miserable posters, the same locations we’ve already seen - I couldn’t care less. I don’t care what the connection is between “Maddie” and Safin. I don’t care what’s in the box he gives her. I just want to see Bond fly an Acrostar out a horse’s ass every two years. This movie just has a toxic chemistry to it now and I want it over with. As frustrating as it was, I understood the March delay. This one on the other hand… as others have explained, this virus ain’t going away, and kicking the Bond can down the road every six months just increases the likelihood that there won’t be any theatres left at all.
"I can't do that superhero stuff" Daniel Craig
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

James wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:35 am Saw this post on the Commander Bond forum. I think a lot of people are sick to death of this film now and it hasn't even come out yet.

Bored shitless with everything NTTD already - Seydoux, Waltz, the same Arnold arrangement used in all the promos, the truly miserable posters, the same locations we’ve already seen - I couldn’t care less. I don’t care what the connection is between “Maddie” and Safin. I don’t care what’s in the box he gives her. I just want to see Bond fly an Acrostar out a horse’s ass every two years. This movie just has a toxic chemistry to it now and I want it over with. As frustrating as it was, I understood the March delay. This one on the other hand… as others have explained, this virus ain’t going away, and kicking the Bond can down the road every six months just increases the likelihood that there won’t be any theatres left at all.
What people seem to forget is that the movie had already been delayed a couple of times BC (before Covid). But I guess the longer they delay it, the more likely people are to forget that in the Before Times, coverage of the film was dominated by the dreaded words "troubled production history".
dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

James wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:35 am Saw this post on the Commander Bond forum. I think a lot of people are sick to death of this film now and it hasn't even come out yet.

I can relate, I feel exactly the same way. I can barely muster the strength to cover this debacle anymore. I'm just surprised to see this sentiment expressed on a sanctioned fan forum.
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

:Oh my dreamt I was at a press conference for NTTD and I got to ask a question can’t remember what the question was but i got to talk to Babs herself :shock:
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

007, licence to kill cinema chains: https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-healt ... KKBN26O10B

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:007, licence to kill cinema chains: https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-healt ... KKBN26O10B

Well as much as I’d like to blame Babs moving the date again is actually the industry signaling the market isn’t there, theater owners respond of course it isn’t what there no big movies draw the audience in. But the writing was on the wall NTTD would flop in November and there was no doubt in the experts minds.

it is Babs fault this movie wasn’t made three or four years ago. She killed mgm three times now, 2004 when she didn’t make the planned sequel by the time she did the reboot dvd sales that helped mgm rake in massive profits where gone and the money CR made was less than DAD far as MGM was concerned. But Babs delay put mgm in a bad way allowing Sony to step in.
Next time it happened was 2010 when again she wasn’t ready to make a sequel, forcing mgm to go bankrupt November that year.
Now mgm needs a buyer or a big win and Bond was supposed to provide it.

Glaciers move faster than Babs production team. It doesn’t take 5 years to write a sequel she doesn’t want to make these movies and unfortunately nobody can make her. Spoiled princess with no actual talent other than daddy owned some bond rights.

The irony is mgm owns CR and thunderball alone, then owns half of the other movies. They can make their own bond series outside of eon but nobody’s wanted to up set the franchise that every few decades can produce a big pay day. Thing is cubby was better at if, he might not make moonraker money ever time out but he’d at least keep the series making decent entries until the big hit comes along.

Not to rehash the entire dad vs Cr argument but brosnan took a dead series after LTK and TLD stalled with low numbers and he successfully showed the old franchise could make reliable money every two years. Craig has only had one real lucrative hit with SF, CR cost what DAD did it made money but not the big money it could have, QOS and SP were in the whole financially, making whatever money they did outside the theatrical release. Big part of the problem is Babs demands $30 million (as of 2002 last time I know it was reported) upfront in production fees, she’s spending half a billion making one movie when all is said and done. Craig’s not the only reason for ballooning costs, but studio partners and investors are the ones who have to put a stop to eon breaking the budget.

To be clear I like tld and LTK but putting LTK against literally a mythical summer of 1989 line up was stupid.

dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

Well said overall O, this part jumped out particularly:

Omega wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:10 pm
Glaciers move faster than Babs production team. It doesn’t take 5 years to write a sequel she doesn’t want to make these movies and unfortunately nobody can make her. Spoiled princess with no actual talent other than daddy owned some bond rights.
You're absolutely right, it doesn't take 5 years to make a sequel and it didn't take 5 months to make NTTD, EON had nothing but a rough sketch at the time shooting began in April 2019, hell they didn't even have a title! All this dancing around is Babz' fault for not having her act together, this film and the one after should have been done and dusted in the time between the end of SP and the first sniffle out of Wuhan.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Your periodic reminder that, whatever you may think of him, Kevin Feige has managed to produce the whole of Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase 3 since SPECTRE was released. That's eleven films, plus TV and other media.

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:Your periodic reminder that, whatever you may think of him, Kevin Feige has managed to produce the whole of Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase 3 since SPECTRE was released. That's eleven films, plus TV and other media.

It needs to be made, especially when eon uses terms from marvel like phase 1. Feige starting production in 2007, has 23 films under his belt by the time NTTD is released he will have passed the 58 year old series. Ironman 2008 got its start because Jon Favreau thought EON abandoned the territory that made James Bond a hit.
Nolan from 2005-2020 made a Batman trilogy that stand the test of time outside the DCEU and 5 more films and he’s no production power house.
Peter Jackson stretched out the hobbit for three movies in the time it took Babs to make SF.
We’ve had the hunger games series, divergent, maze runner, twilight, X-men first class, kingsman, new Star Wars, Star Trek (which died with a whimper), 7 fast and furious movies, 8 dceu movies,
Obviously not all the series or all the movies are winners, Dark Phoenix is complete crap and Hugh jackman only made 2 good wolverine movies from his trilogy, but has played the wolverine 7 times since Craig was hired as bond.
I don’t think we can ignore how Babs has killed the bond series with her casting choices then lack of resolve to make the movies. She should have made at least 6 films , 8 if you hold to a schedule. Now she missed the window for movies that should have happened in 2016, 2018.

There is a woman who reviews movies and comics and pop culture items on YouTube . She was excited for Hollywood finally letting women take positions of power then she said she had to rationalize what those women (Kathleen Kennedy, pascal and broccoli) have done to destroy these series.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Does anyone need any further proof of the disgrace the entertainment industry has become? :!: