The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Kristatos »

I used to watch Hill Street Blues religiously when it was first shown. Sad news.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

After three days of delayed viewing, the average viewership for the Roseanne premiere jumped to 25.04 million total viewers (from 18.45 million in L+SD).
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

I wonder if it can keep up those numbers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Image Image [video][/video]Forty years ago tonight Dallas premiered :!: It is my favorite tv drama show of all time. I hope they reboot it for a 3rd time :!: :up:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Omega wrote:I wonder if it can keep up those numbers

Most shows drop off in their second week. Not all, though.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

A surge of stabbings in London was blamed Monday for the city overtaking New York's monthly murder tally for the first time in modern history. :hair: London's murder rate has grown by nearly 40 percent in three years, while police figures show that New York's has fallen by 87 percent since 1990, raising pressure on mayor Sadiq Khan and Metropolitan Police chief Cressida Dick. :shock:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Image I think not :!:
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:
Omega wrote:I wonder if it can keep up those numbers

Most shows drop off in their second week. Not all, though.
I kind of expecting a big drop, but we’ll see.

............ :007:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I dunno. All the publicity might make people who missed the first episode tune in for the second, cancelling out the usual second weekend drop. The only thing I feel confident in predicting at this point is that if it maintains a good second week hold, we'll hear all about it from BJ, and if it doesn't...crickets.
Count_Lippe
Agent

Post by Count_Lippe »

Gregg Wilson as 007

The Sweeney
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, GF, LTK, CR, FRWL
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Post by The Sweeney »

Good afternoon all. Been a while since I popped in here.

Still no news on the next Bond film yet, other than than the Boyle rumours. I am now officially bored with Craig in the role and want another actor to replace him - ideally an actor which matches exactly how Fleming depicted him, dark hair and all.

I also want the next script to have unused Fleming scenes in that work, Maibaum style. I don't want crappy P&W Fleming-imagined scripts.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Kristatos wrote:I dunno. All the publicity might make people who missed the first episode tune in for the second, cancelling out the usual second weekend drop. The only thing I feel confident in predicting at this point is that if it maintains a good second week hold, we'll hear all about it from BJ, and if it doesn't...crickets.
Crickets? Are you a Buddy Holly fan? It drew 4.3 million in a Sunday repeat.
Last edited by bjmdds on Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

The Sweeney wrote:Good afternoon all. Been a while since I popped in here.

Still no news on the next Bond film yet, other than than the Boyle rumours. I am now officially bored with Craig in the role and want another actor to replace him - ideally an actor which matches exactly how Fleming depicted him, dark hair and all.

I also want the next script to have unused Fleming scenes in that work, Maibaum style. I don't want crappy P&W Fleming-imagined scripts.
Sweeney, this length of absence is unacceptable behavior here :!: :lol: If people like you are done with Cr-egg, what does that say for Broccoli's decision to prolong this agony through November 2019? Where are you located these days? Are you still on the MI:6 forum?
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

NGL I looked at the date on your post :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Good to see you man. been too long.
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Image Use This Simple Trick to Find the Freshest Eggs at the Grocery Store. A little-known way to figure out when your eggs were packed is to find the three digit number right near the "best by" date. That number is known as the Julian date, and signifies the number of the day in the calendar year on which the carton was packed. So, for example, 001 would mean the eggs were packed on January 1, 004 signifies they were packed on January 4, so on and so forth through 365, which means they were packed on December 31.
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

Good to see you Sweeney!
I do not think Daniel or Barbara are making Bond movies because they like to, it's a matter of course for them now. EON has not made a Bond movie in decades because they wanted to and the finished product shows it.

All this said I do think somebody who cares taking over the franchise with new actors and crew might make something exciting in the Bond world for the first time in a long time.
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I don't know who that would be. Probably somebody not on our radar.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Can the Roseanne revival be a hit overseas: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/amp/l ... ssion=true
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

ABC’s Roseanne revival settled in last night with a slice-of-life episode focused on parenting after the premiere tackled President Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton and the election. The ratings took the inevitable dip but remained impressive — 15.1 million viewers :up: and a 3.9 rating among adults 18-49 in the fast nationals at 8 PM last night. Vs. the 8-8:30 PM part of the double premiere episode last week (17.7 million, 4.9/21), Roseanne retained 84% of the debut audience and 80% of the adults 18-49 rating. [video][/video]
The Sweeney
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, GF, LTK, CR, FRWL
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Post by The Sweeney »

Blowfeld wrote:

Good to see you Sweeney!
I do not think Daniel or Barbara are making Bond movies because they like to, it's a matter of course for them now. EON has not made a Bond movie in decades because they wanted to and the finished product shows it.

All this said I do think somebody who cares taking over the franchise with new actors and crew might make something exciting in the Bond world for the first time in a long time.
Cheers Blowers! :cheers:

Babs needs to move on. She needs to sell the franchise to someone who cares about Bond, and making Bond films.