The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
The Sweeney
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, GF, LTK, CR, FRWL
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by The Sweeney »

kater23 wrote:
The Sweeney wrote:Good afternoon all. Been a while since I popped in here.

Still no news on the next Bond film yet, other than than the Boyle rumours. I am now officially bored with Craig in the role and want another actor to replace him - ideally an actor which matches exactly how Fleming depicted him, dark hair and all.

I also want the next script to have unused Fleming scenes in that work, Maibaum style. I don't want crappy P&W Fleming-imagined scripts.
NGL I looked at the date on your post :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Good to see you man. been too long.
Cheers Katied :cheers:
The Sweeney
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Post by The Sweeney »

bjmdds wrote:
The Sweeney wrote:Good afternoon all. Been a while since I popped in here.

Still no news on the next Bond film yet, other than than the Boyle rumours. I am now officially bored with Craig in the role and want another actor to replace him - ideally an actor which matches exactly how Fleming depicted him, dark hair and all.

I also want the next script to have unused Fleming scenes in that work, Maibaum style. I don't want crappy P&W Fleming-imagined scripts.
Sweeney, this length of absence is unacceptable behavior here :!: :lol: If people like you are done with Cr-egg, what does that say for Broccoli's decision to prolong this agony through November 2019? Where are you located these days? Are you still on the MI:6 forum?
I've been rewatching the 60's Bond films lately and it is sad to see how great the films were back then - the direction, the scripts, Connery as Bond.

With the recent debacle, at this rate we are now getting 3 films a decade if we are lucky. EON are going through the motions now. Babs heart isn't in it anymore.

I haven't been on MI6 for a while either.
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Are you holding out for a bigger contract to post here Sweeney? It is not acceptable for such a hiatus to occur here :!: :lol: Broccoli was never into Bond. She loves the prestige it affords her. She needs to relinquish her majority stake in EON and get a real "man" back running this franchise. Sorry, but ladies do NOT belong running the Bond franchise as this feminization of Bond is a disgrace :!:
Napoleon Solo
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love

Post by Napoleon Solo »

Latest:

The Hollywood Reporter says MGM is shopping itself around, using its control of the Bond franchise as a selling point. As a result, still no Bond 25 distribution (either U.S. or international). The story also has an almost throwaway line at the end saying Danny Boyle's deal is complete. But, at this moment, there's no way to get the movie into theaters.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat- ... le-1099472
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Napoleon Solo wrote:Latest:

The Hollywood Reporter says MGM is shopping itself around, using its control of the Bond franchise as a selling point. As a result, still no Bond 25 distribution (either U.S. or international). The story also has an almost throwaway line at the end saying Danny Boyle's deal is complete. But, at this moment, there's no way to get the movie into theaters.

Ok that is weird. Has there been any official announcements?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
Napoleon Solo
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love

Post by Napoleon Solo »

Omega wrote:

No, there have been no official announcements. There is NOTHING TO ANNOUNCE. There is no distributor. There is no partial distributor. Some figured the MGM-Annapurna joint venture (announced Oct. 31) had the U.S. piece. But, according to The Hollywood Reporter, even that is not the case.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Napoleon Solo wrote:
Omega wrote:

No, there have been no official announcements. There is NOTHING TO ANNOUNCE. There is no distributor. There is no partial distributor. Some figured the MGM-Annapurna joint venture (announced Oct. 31) had the U.S. piece. But, according to The Hollywood Reporter, even that is not the case.
if there is no distributor, then I’d assume there is no partner to fund the movie. If nobody actually funds the majority of the movie then it can’t be made. I doubt the director is officially signed. Maybe promised something not legally binding

Sony is doing the same thing with their two hit properties, Jumanji and I forget the other, they are not officially announcing anything because they might sell the studio devision and it seem to be the current theory to hold out the possibility rather than the reality of a sequel in the works with commitments to directors and producers.

The Sweeney

Post by The Sweeney »

bjmdds wrote:Are you holding out for a bigger contract to post here Sweeney? It is not acceptable for such a hiatus to occur here :!: :lol: Broccoli was never into Bond. She loves the prestige it affords her. She needs to relinquish her majority stake in EON and get a real "man" back running this franchise. Sorry, but ladies do NOT belong running the Bond franchise as this feminization of Bond is a disgrace :!:
Yup! I agree! :shock:
John Drake
Commander
Location: Watching the first twenty James Bond films somewhere...

Post by John Drake »

I can't find the link but the other forums are reporting an update from the Reddit poster who claims to have some degree of inside knowledge regarding the next film. If true it sounds like more of the nonsense Mendes served up.

I've gained some more clarity on the situation:

Boyle will film the Richard Curtis comedy this summer. Then he will immediately begin pre-production on Bond 25. He will then shoot that film throughout 2019 and it will arrive in cinemas in November that year.

The release of the Richard Curtis comedy hasn't been set. The deal between Eon and Working Title allows for Boyle to edit the films concurrently. So when Bond 25 stops shooting, Danny will edit both films at the same time.

Despite being filmed first, you likely won't see the Richard Curtis comedy before you see Danny's Bond film.

Boyle is said to have a female villain at the centre of his Bond film and he is actively casting the role now. They want an A-list actress for the role. I've heard the usual suspects of A-listers who have supposedly met with Boyle or will meet with him. I have a friend at CAA and the part is billed as someone with a "personal connection" to Bond.

There is also a role of a young female MI6 agent who Bond is said to mentor. This role may even be informally cast already.

John Hodge has finished his draft. He will likely remain the sole writer of the project. Despite internet gossip, Danny Boyle is not officially writing the script.
"He is very good-looking" Vesper Lynd
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Lots of people claim to have inside knowledge who don't, so I suppose you have to look at this person's track record before deciding how much of it to believe. It sounds vague enough to be plausible.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Atticus
Lieutenant

Post by Atticus »

Meanwhile, Spielberg is open to rebooting the Indiana Jones franchise with a female hero:

Speaking to The Sun, the filmmaker was asked whether a woman could take over the role from Harrison Ford, to which Spielberg nodded in agreement and said the character could certainly take “a different form”.

“We’d have to change the name from Jones to Joan,” he added of Indiana being a female. “And there would be nothing wrong with that.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-ente ... 88101.html
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Had to check the date on that story. Indiana Joan, WTF? Wouldn't Lara Croft be a better name?
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Change the name it’s a different character. Didn’t know Indiana was a male name. But Spielberg wants her last name changed :?:

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Omega wrote:Change the name it’s a different character. Didn’t know Indiana was a male name. But Spielberg wants her last name changed :?:
Maybe Jones was her maiden name :?:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:
Omega wrote:Change the name it’s a different character. Didn’t know Indiana was a male name. But Spielberg wants her last name changed :?:
Maybe Jones was her maiden name :?:
i was going to say that :)

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Mark Strong was surprised that Daniel Craig wanted to commit to another outing as James Bond after making 'Spectre'. The 54-year-old actor has been close friends with Daniel since they both starred in the BBC drama 'Our Friends in the North' in 1996 and the 50-year-old 007 star is even godfather to Mark's sons. Mark admits he though his pal Daniel was going to hang up Bond's tuxedo after wrapping on the 2015 film because he found the entire experience of being the face of the franchise tiring, but he's ultimately glad he's back for one final fling as the British spy. Speaking to The Times newspaper, Mark said: "I think he was totally knackered after the last one, and just felt like he couldn't get it together to do another one, it's a really exhausting process; it takes a long time to shoot, there's a lot of press commitments, the action sequences and everything. [But] he's obviously keen, because he is doing another one."
Atticus
Lieutenant

Post by Atticus »

Kristatos wrote:Had to check the date on that story. Indiana Joan, WTF? Wouldn't Lara Croft be a better name?
The story was circulating about two days ago. It's starting to pop up on other sites. This one is from The Sun, and the publication date is 04/03/2018.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/5 ... layer-one/

In the comments section, there's a reader who also brought up the Lara Croft reference.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Lara Croft is a female Indy :!: [video][/video]
Last edited by bjmdds on Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

John Drake wrote:I can't find the link but the other forums are reporting an update from the Reddit poster who claims to have some degree of inside knowledge regarding the next film. If true it sounds like more of the nonsense Mendes served up.

I've gained some more clarity on the situation:

Boyle will film the Richard Curtis comedy this summer. Then he will immediately begin pre-production on Bond 25. He will then shoot that film throughout 2019 and it will arrive in cinemas in November that year.

The release of the Richard Curtis comedy hasn't been set. The deal between Eon and Working Title allows for Boyle to edit the films concurrently. So when Bond 25 stops shooting, Danny will edit both films at the same time.

Despite being filmed first, you likely won't see the Richard Curtis comedy before you see Danny's Bond film.

Boyle is said to have a female villain at the centre of his Bond film and he is actively casting the role now. They want an A-list actress for the role. I've heard the usual suspects of A-listers who have supposedly met with Boyle or will meet with him. I have a friend at CAA and the part is billed as someone with a "personal connection" to Bond.

There is also a role of a young female MI6 agent who Bond is said to mentor. This role may even be informally cast already.

John Hodge has finished his draft. He will likely remain the sole writer of the project. Despite internet gossip, Danny Boyle is not officially writing the script.
The Drakester has returned too :!: :cheers:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »