The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by bjmdds »

Have the left-winger Zuckerberg invite you over for tea and crumpets. Challenge the clown to a game of darts :!: How does facebook 'follow' your exploits on Bond? Is 'big brother' watching you online? Image
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Disney confirmed recently that Indiana Jones 5 will still meet its previously announced release date of July 9, 2021. Harrison Ford will be 79 years old in the summer of 2021 when the movie releases, so there is a little bit of a sense of urgency with the project.
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

After having suffered through Indy 4 I can't say I'm excited about 5. Hopefully Ford still playing the role at 79 doesn't give Craig any ideas!
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

Kristatos wrote:The only thing I've seen him in is Harry Potter, which was what? At least 10 years ago. Danny Boyle thinks he should be the next Bond. I can think of worse choices, but as with Christian Bale, I'm not sure he could be Bond and Batman at the same time.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Completely forgot about HP. And that was around 15 years ago if I'm not mistaken.
I find him to be neither charismatic or particulary good looking(at least not in a way Bond is supposed to be).
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

dirtybenny wrote:
Kristatos wrote:Facebook informs me that I have been recognized as one of James Bond 007's top fans. I got a sticker and everything. Jealous?

How'd you pull that off Kris? When EON finds out you hang out here you won't have it much longer!
I think it's an automated thing. You just have to post a certain number of comments on the official Facebook page. I don't think it distinguishes between positive and negative comments.

"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
dirtybenny
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote:
dirtybenny wrote:
Kristatos wrote:Facebook informs me that I have been recognized as one of James Bond 007's top fans. I got a sticker and everything. Jealous?

How'd you pull that off Kris? When EON finds out you hang out here you won't have it much longer!
I think it's an automated thing. You just have to post a certain number of comments on the official Facebook page. I don't think it distinguishes between positive and negative comments.

If it's counting your posts Kris, it must not distinguish... that is unless you've sold out!?
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

dirtybenny wrote:
If it's counting your posts Kris, it must not distinguish... that is unless you've sold out!?
Daniel Craig is the kindest, bravest, warmest, most wonderful human being I've ever known in my life.

Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Gawd d**nit! Kris channeling the spirit of Roger Moore. We are going to need some holy water, the first 20 bond movies on Blu-ray and a home theater with at least a 54 inch 4K screen. :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Omega wrote:Gawd d**nit! Kris channeling the spirit of Roger Moore. We are going to need some holy water, the first 20 bond movies on Blu-ray and a home theater with at least a 54 inch 4K screen. :D

Result!

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

While the profile points out that while Elba "doesn't love" talking about Bond - entirely understandably - he did note that a black Bond might make sense from an operational perspective.

"Because, by the way, we’re talking about a spy," he said. "If you really want to break it down, the more less-obvious it is, the better."

But when it comes down to it, Elba said, the virulent reaction of some observers against the very idea of a black Bond has put him off the whole thing, as he worries he'd be putting himself into a no-win scenario at a point when things are ticking along quite nicely, thanks very much.

"You just get disheartened when you get people from a generational point of view going, 'It can’t be.' And it really turns out to be the colour of my skin. And then if I get it and it didn’t work, or it did work, would it be because of the colour of my skin? That’s a difficult position to put myself into when I don’t need to."----------this guy, the former DJ "Big Driis" , is another lamebrained clown who does not get it :!: It's NOT a racial issue :!: The literary character is WHITE, period, end of discussion :!: If you want to be a black spy, write a script, give yourself a name, and get on with it already :!: This constant racial undertaking of all things Hollywood has become a pathetic whining disgrace :!: Enough :!: No white male can EVER play Muhammed Ali :!: No white man can EVER play Bruce Lee :!: No woman can EVER play James Bond :!: These extremely moronic Hollywood types stare at themselves in the mirror and actually believe their opinions matter :!: :Bonk:
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

Maybe Kristatos should get some Craig memotablilia. :wink:

Bring back Bond!
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

The troubled James Bond film has suffered another blow after Grace Jones quit her much-hyped role moments after arriving on set. The diva, 70, who played iconic villain May Day in 1985’s "A View to A Kill," walked away from the movie after discovering how few lines she’d been given. Bosses were left frustrated after wasting precious time and money securing a luxury residence for her to stay in near Pinewood Studios in Buckinghamshire. :ROFL:
acid
Commander
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, From Russia with Love, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, Octopussy, For Your Eyes Only, A View To a Kill, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye

Post by acid »

bjmdds wrote:The troubled James Bond film has suffered another blow after Grace Jones quit her much-hyped role moments after arriving on set. The diva, 70, who played iconic villain May Day in 1985’s "A View to A Kill," walked away from the movie after discovering how few lines she’d been given. Bosses were left frustrated after wasting precious time and money securing a luxury residence for her to stay in near Pinewood Studios in Buckinghamshire. :ROFL:
:lol: :lol: BJ, if it's true, that's priceless! Because arguably one of the main reasons cameos / homages are so brief are because generally the veteran star won't be available (or rather be far too expensive) for a more serious amount of screen time. So good on Grace if she's called them out on that! Another wasted opportunity. If only they'd written the character properly.
"Wonderful for poison pen letters..."
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

You know it Acidic one :!: Broccoli is the queen of buffoons when it comes to producing a film. It's a shame people actually show up for her Bond films. They need a box office bust to relieve her of her duties.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

acid wrote: :lol: :lol: BJ, if it's true, that's priceless! Because arguably one of the main reasons cameos / homages are so brief are because generally the veteran star won't be available (or rather be far too expensive) for a more serious amount of screen time. So good on Grace if she's called them out on that! Another wasted opportunity. If only they'd written the character properly.
No, the reason cameos are so short is that they're not meant to be anything more than a tip of the hat to previous films. Did she think she was going to be playing the female lead again, 35 years later?
acid
Commander
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, From Russia with Love, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, Octopussy, For Your Eyes Only, A View To a Kill, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye

Post by acid »

Kristatos wrote:
acid wrote: :lol: :lol: BJ, if it's true, that's priceless! Because arguably one of the main reasons cameos / homages are so brief are because generally the veteran star won't be available (or rather be far too expensive) for a more serious amount of screen time. So good on Grace if she's called them out on that! Another wasted opportunity. If only they'd written the character properly.
No, the reason cameos are so short is that they're not meant to be anything more than a tip of the hat to previous films.
That's the way they're sold, but in many cases they feature actors that have very much moved on from their earlier role to the point that if asked to fully reprise it, I'm sure they'd say they had better things to do. Obviously that wasn't the case here, so I can understand Grace's objection. I don't really like most cameos, as I'm sure you all know by now. Too gimmicky.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I'm not really a fan of cameos either, they tend to pull you out of the picture, but it's a nice way to acknowledge previous contributions. I don't agree that the people who make them are too busy, though, they tend to be people whose careers are mostly behind them (like Grace Jones). I remember when they made that crappy remake of Starsky and Hutch with Owen Wilson and Ben Stiller. Paul Michael Glaser and David Soul had cameos and Glaser was like "I've got a better idea, why don't you let us star as two ex-cops coming out of retirement?". I think you can guess what the studio's response was.

acid
Commander

Post by acid »

Kristatos wrote:I'm not really a fan of cameos either, they tend to pull you out of the picture, but it's a nice way to acknowledge previous contributions. I don't agree that the people who make them are too busy, though, they tend to be people whose careers are mostly behind them (like Grace Jones). I remember when they made that crappy remake of Starsky and Hutch with Owen Wilson and Ben Stiller. Paul Michael Glaser and David Soul had cameos and Glaser was like "I've got a better idea, why don't you let us star as two ex-cops coming out of retirement?". I think you can guess what the studio's response was.
I couldn't find a good counterexample, so I'll concede the point Kris. :) My line of thinking was that some of the more successful older actors would be after bigger paydays than their younger replacements, provided they'd maintained a comfortable bank balance. They wouldn't necessarily need to be busy if they were still wealthy from their earlier career. But on the other hand maybe the ones with plenty of money would be less likely to do cameos too! It's hard to find actor salary information, for obvious reasons.
dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

acid wrote:
Kristatos wrote:I'm not really a fan of cameos either, they tend to pull you out of the picture, but it's a nice way to acknowledge previous contributions. I don't agree that the people who make them are too busy, though, they tend to be people whose careers are mostly behind them (like Grace Jones). I remember when they made that crappy remake of Starsky and Hutch with Owen Wilson and Ben Stiller. Paul Michael Glaser and David Soul had cameos and Glaser was like "I've got a better idea, why don't you let us star as two ex-cops coming out of retirement?". I think you can guess what the studio's response was.
I couldn't find a good counterexample, so I'll concede the point Kris. :) My line of thinking was that some of the more successful older actors would be after bigger paydays than their younger replacements, provided they'd maintained a comfortable bank balance. They wouldn't necessarily need to be busy if they were still wealthy from their earlier career. But on the other hand maybe the ones with plenty of money would be less likely to do cameos too! It's hard to find actor salary information, for obvious reasons.

You'll get the occasional "gotcha" cameos like "OMG, that's George Clooney tending bar in this scene!" But I think Kris is right the majority of cameos are used to bees.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

Cameos are crap for obvious reasons, like in the A Team movie they had the original HM Murdock and few with a few seconds of screen time in a character the opposite of what he portrayed, in Murdock’s case it was a psychiatrist telling the audience how crazy the new Murdock is. And that’s a good cameo.
Fanboys had wanted Connery to make a cameo aside from the fact he hates the broccoli family he had no interest in playing bonds butler instead of Bond. Think about how horrible babs could make this experience, the homages to classic bond are painful enough, imaginative Timothy Dalton or pierce brosnan trying to tough out purposely bad dialogue and a contrived reason for them to show up on screen.

The tv show fringe had a weird dialogue when it leaked Leonard Nimoy was going to be on the show, since it was weeks away they crammed in a very poor 5 minute scene at some random crazy guys house where he claimed to be Spock. I think this was so they could kill the rumor about Nimoy but if you look at the series what they did episode whatever it was to kill internet rumors sucks because as a whole it’s rotten spot in the series when rewatched . I feel the same about cameos white former stars, it’s always an after thought.

The only one I think worked was X-men first class with jackman telling professor X and magneto to f’ off. They admit it was an afterthought but it is the rare example that works.

............ :007: