The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote:FBF, this story relates to your hero, Steven Seagal. Julius Nasso was Seagal's producer in many movies :!: Nasso was the Head of International Promotions for the action film Above the Law (1986). This led to a 17-year producing partnership with Warner Brothers Studios, where Nasso was responsible for producing a series of action blockbusters including: Hard to Kill (1990), Marked for Death (1990), Out for Justice (1991), Under Siege (1992), On Deadly Ground (1994), Under Siege 2: Dark Territory (1995), The Glimmer Man (1996), Fire Down Below (1997) and The Patriot (1998)..................On March 14, 2017, Nasso made headlines when two ponies belonging to him escaped from their barn during a snowstorm on Staten Island yesterday in NY. The ponies, Blondie and Jewels, were quickly captured and returned to Nasso with the help of an off-duty police officer. [video][/video]
Nasso is off the radar nowadays.
Count_Lippe
Agent

Post by Count_Lippe »

Steven Seagal is a much better actor than Pierce Brosnan. :)
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Count_Lippe wrote:Steven Seagal is a much better actor than Pierce Brosnan. :)
Quit harassing FBF Image
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Count_Lippe wrote:Steven Seagal is a much better actor than Pierce Brosnan. :)
:shock: :!: The 2 most distinguished celebrities that FBF enjoys reporting on.
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

And "I didn't know that!"-it came up in conversation on Twitter the other day-Le Chiffre's real first name is Jean!
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

kater23 wrote:And "I didn't know that!"-it came up in conversation on Twitter the other day-Le Chiffre's real first name is Jean!
read the book not too long ago, didn't recall his name but a much more interesting character than the movie made him, mads was great in the role but looking back the story didn't do him justice. He was also great in rogue one, I know your a fan of his, while I've grown think he was too good for bond, sadly Eva green was just about right Craig's bond.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Watched legend of Tarzan 2016, almost went to the movies to see it then didn't now I wish we had gone. Actually very good, Christopher waltz was much better in Tarzan (and Tarantino movies) than in SP. margot Robbie is fast becoming a favorite actor between Tarzan and suicide squad she's got an incredible range. She'd be great for bond or would be just got to get a decent bond with Craig she'd look too good and too young.
Vudu was pushing movies on sale one was defiance picture of Craig looked like crap and he was ten years younger in that movie!

Also for st patties day vudu had a sale on Irish movies featured many brosnan movies, probably should of mentioned this to Fbf when the sale was still on.

Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

I agree,Margot is a great Bond girl material in my opinion.
Just not with Craig,naturally.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Warner Bros./Legendary’s Kong: Skull Island is showing a 69% increases Saturday with $12.3M and a second weekend of $28.9M, -53% and a 10-day run of $110.1M.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

From a review of Beauty and the Beast on the Christian website Hollywood Jesus:
Alright, now let’s address the big elephant in the room; the matter of LeFou being gay. After seeing the film, this isn’t something I would have addressed, but because everyone’s been addressing it and boycotting it and extolling it or complaining about it (mostly before ever actually seeing the movie), I sort of feel forced to say something about it. So here’s my take: if I hadn’t been told ahead of time in a propagandistic agenda blitz that LeFou was gay, I don’t know that I would have even noticed. I probably would have just thought he was a goofy, fawning, slightly effeminate, Gaston wanna-be fanboy. And yes, that even includes his “exclusive” moment. Now, I can’t say that for sure because it’s impossible to approach this character with any sort of objectivity, but I think that’s how I would have felt. That issue aside, I will say this about the character; he has one of my favorite new additions to this story and his character arc goes in a surprising direction (that doesn’t involve his sexual orientation). However, he’s also a bit erratic and somewhat unsure as a character; is he a Gaston wanna-be? A fawning and ridiculously overprotective fanboy? A goofy, silly sidekick? A concerned conscience figure? LeFou swings between all of these things and never seems to land on anyone of them or find any successful combination of them, which is sort of a microcosm for the problems of this film overall. The movie itself never feels quite sure what it wants to be; a faithful remake? A new and slightly different reenactment of a familiar story? Something new based on something familiar? The movie never seems quite sure which it is, and doesn’t always successfully blend any of those identities together.
Pretty much what I suspected, in other words.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

"Beauty and the Beast" hit theaters this weekend. Fans rushed to see the film, but Movieguide's Dr. Ted Baehr says it's "marred" with "gratuitous politically correct homosexual references that are...in your face." Image Image
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:"Beauty and the Beast" hit theaters this weekend. Fans rushed to see the film, but Movieguide's Dr. Ted Baehr says it's "marred" with "gratuitous politically correct homosexual references that are...in your face."
That doesn't surprise me. Movieguide strikes me as being much more black and white in its thinking than Hollywood Jesus. The latter's approach is to examine a movie's themes and characters and look for resonances with biblical imagery. Movieguide, on the other hand, simply counts up the amount of sex, violence and bad language in order to tell you just how outraged to be.

By the way, have you seen Logan yet? It explicitly references one of your favourite movies, Shane, at several points, and the second half of the film in particular can be seen as a western in superhero drag.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

also has punks chanting USA at the Mexican border wall

Last edited by Omega on Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Kristatos wrote:
bjmdds wrote:"Beauty and the Beast" hit theaters this weekend. Fans rushed to see the film, but Movieguide's Dr. Ted Baehr says it's "marred" with "gratuitous politically correct homosexual references that are...in your face."
That doesn't surprise me. Movieguide strikes me as being much more black and white in its thinking than Hollywood Jesus. The latter's approach is to examine a movie's themes and characters and look for resonances with biblical imagery. Movieguide, on the other hand, simply counts up the amount of sex, violence and bad language in order to tell you just how outraged to be.

By the way, have you seen Logan yet? It explicitly references one of your favourite movies, Shane, at several points, and the second half of the film in particular can be seen as a western in superhero drag.
I have not seen ANY X-Men films, except the first Wolverine, and that was on tv. I was never interested in that comic book series. Shane? They mention Shane? [video][/video]
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

[video][/video] Another classic film I love :!:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Beauty and the Beast will look to continue its domestic performance over the coming weeks after receiving an "A" CinemaScore from opening day audiences of which 72% were female vs. 28% male and 45% of opening day audience members were under the age of 25. Beyond opening weekend the overall audience breakdown saw a 60% female vs. 40% male split, of which 52% were under the age of 25.........40% men, for this? :shock:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

v
bjmdds wrote:I have not seen ANY X-Men films, except the first Wolverine, and that was on tv. I was never interested in that comic book series. Shane? They mention Shane?
Without wanting to give too much away, the main characters are seen watching it on TV in a hotel room at one point, and one of them quotes a speech from it later in the film. There are also several more indirect references to its themes and motifs.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

I wonder why? Modern movies needing to use classic westerns for effects shows how limited the current originality is.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

It's the wolverines last stand. Go western or go home

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Stupid apple spell check, changed punks chanting USA to links?? It did this twice when I tried to correct it. If it did it as I typed I'd catch it, apple does it after a sentence or two and right before hitting send