The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Bond...James Bond
Lieutenant

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Bond...James Bond »

Omega wrote:
Napoleon Solo wrote:It's official: Time for Bond fans to cool off about Bond 25

http://bit.ly/2mAeg3f
that sort of what I thought when people went crazy about the helicopter purchase. Weird to have eon working on others projects for the first time since chitty chitty bang bang

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Fanboys getting all excited because EON bought a helicopter. Do me a favour. No script, no director, no release date, no distributor, no James Bond...we bought a frickin' helicopter though.
Way to go jackass. :hair: :cuss: :hair: :cuss:
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

Bond...James Bond wrote:
bjmdds wrote:
Veronica wrote:Hiddleston is well spoken,charming and elegant and also bloody teriffic in The Night Manager.But for crying out loud,after more than a decade of seeing Craig I want a man that has Bond looks and vibe.
You said it "V" :!: It's Aidan Turner or bust :!: He is THE choice right now for the role, bar none :!: If Cr-egg stays, it will bore the world. He is yesterday's news. They need to refresh the franchise but Broccoli hates men, hence she will continue to remake Fleming's storylines in her own image and feel like the 'ar-tist' she so desperately wants to be known for.
If she doesn't get Craig back, then we're possibly going to get Jack Huston

He looks like a Latino playboy. That is not James Bond. Turner is the actor to go with. I still say Hiddles would deliver. Certainly better than Craig ever has. The only thing Craig delivers is nausea.
I was looking for a description of Huston but couldn't come up with anything. Your description might just be perfect. Hiddleston would certainly be better than Craig,that's a no brainer. He just doesn't have Bond looks nor vibe. But he does have some qualities that sorely lacked ever since Craig took over. He wouldn't be a terrible choice,far from it,but he wouldn't be a great one either.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Freaks and weirdos are James Bonds from now on. If you want the real James Bond, go watch Mission: Impossible and Kingsman.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Veronica wrote:
Bond...James Bond wrote:
bjmdds wrote:
Veronica wrote:Hiddleston is well spoken,charming and elegant and also bloody teriffic in The Night Manager.But for crying out loud,after more than a decade of seeing Craig I want a man that has Bond looks and vibe.
You said it "V" :!: It's Aidan Turner or bust :!: He is THE choice right now for the role, bar none :!: If Cr-egg stays, it will bore the world. He is yesterday's news. They need to refresh the franchise but Broccoli hates men, hence she will continue to remake Fleming's storylines in her own image and feel like the 'ar-tist' she so desperately wants to be known for.
If she doesn't get Craig back, then we're possibly going to get Jack Huston

He looks like a Latino playboy. That is not James Bond. Turner is the actor to go with. I still say Hiddles would deliver. Certainly better than Craig ever has. The only thing Craig delivers is nausea.
I was looking for a description of Huston but couldn't come up with anything. Your description might just be perfect. Hiddleston would certainly be better than Craig,that's a no brainer. He just doesn't have Bond looks nor vibe. But he does have some qualities that sorely lacked ever since Craig took over. He wouldn't be a terrible choice,far from it,but he wouldn't be a great one either.
anyone who half way looks like bond is a huge improvement, the bar is set sooo low it not even funny.
I don't think Loki is a good choice but he at least would be a big improvement what worries me is do they go back to TLD, GE, FRWL, OHMSS old school bond or keep trying to develop some new hybrid emo bond. Loki I could see them trying a new emo route

............ :007:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Mrs Kristatos and I are planning to do dinner and a movie on Saturday. I suggested Kong: Skull Island, since she chose last time, but was expecting her to push for Hermione & The Beast instead. To my surprise, she asked if we could see Logan! Didn't see that one coming....
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:Mrs Kristatos and I are planning to do dinner and a movie on Saturday. I suggested Kong: Skull Island, since she chose last time, but was expecting her to push for Hermione & The Beast instead. To my surprise, she asked if we could see Logan! Didn't see that one coming....
um it's s little dark. Good story but it is a dystopian future. Plus professor X is a nightmare of dementia, Logan stuck with the role of taking care of a elderly grandparent .

I wouldn't pick it for date night but it's not a bad movie, considering its basically old man Logan which is kind of dark.

bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

FBF, this story relates to your hero, Steven Seagal. Julius Nasso was Seagal's producer in many movies :!: Nasso was the Head of International Promotions for the action film Above the Law (1986). This led to a 17-year producing partnership with Warner Brothers Studios, where Nasso was responsible for producing a series of action blockbusters including: Hard to Kill (1990), Marked for Death (1990), Out for Justice (1991), Under Siege (1992), On Deadly Ground (1994), Under Siege 2: Dark Territory (1995), The Glimmer Man (1996), Fire Down Below (1997) and The Patriot (1998)..................On March 14, 2017, Nasso made headlines when two ponies belonging to him escaped from their barn during a snowstorm on Staten Island yesterday in NY. The ponies, Blondie and Jewels, were quickly captured and returned to Nasso with the help of an off-duty police officer. [video][/video]
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

So he's in on this Russia stuff ..
(Making fun if the idiot who harassed spicer at the Apple Store in DC)

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Disney has opted to pull "Beauty and the Beast" from Malaysia rather than comply with a request to cut four minutes of footage that supposedly involves a "gay moment." Without the change, the country's Film Censorship Board would have given the movie a P13 rating, which mandates that an adult accompany any viewer under age 13. In a succinct statement to Bloomberg News, Disney simply said, "The film has not and will not be cut for Malaysia."
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

They are going to be pulling out of a lot of markets then, most of the Middle East. Some of Asia. Not sure about China's policy on this.
Russia? Not sure there either

I don't know how big this is in the movie, the gay Sulu in Star Trek it was unnecessary adding nothing much to the story, and totally ignorable if you want to.
I think Disney is willing to take a loss to be politically correct shedding a ton of the feminist crap they get for making princess rescue romances waiting on the prince to save them for 80 years. All their recent movies are very girl power oriented including force awakens but then Star Wars 4-6 were very girl powerish IMO.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Screenrant.com:Alex Leadbeater--- things are starting to move on Bond 25. While Craig’s involvement is no further along, the film has just snagged its screenwriters, franchise-familiar pair Neal Purvis and Robert Wade. This on the face of it promises that pre-production will soon be well underway on this landmark installment of the series, but there’s a problem: these are the "last" people you want working on the next Bond. Every single one of their movies has Bond going rogue from MI6. Every. Single. One. Sometimes it’s because he’s fired, sometimes he’s on the run, sometimes it’s because he’s presumed dead, once it was because he was held captive by the North Koreans (good thing emails weren’t as prominent then,) but the single constant is that he can’t just get called in for a meeting with M and simply get sent on a mission. Maybe it’s because they took over in the wake of Mission: Impossible, maybe they just want to be different, but it’s grown tiring and emblematic of a strange resistance to doing fresh things; when the new default is the opposite of the old one, things need to change. The obvious best candidates thus would be director-writer team Matthew Vaughn and Jane Goodman. The duo is a filmmaking powerhouse, and much of their work has flirtings with 007; Mark Strong is pretty much a classic Bond villain in Kick-Ass, Michael Fassbender’s (who is a recent odds-on favorite for the role) subplot as a vengeful Magneto in X-Men: First Class clearly lifted from the Connery-era and Kingsman: The Secret Service was an affectionate pastiche that was more earnest than previous parodies like Austin Powers. In fact, that they’re so perfect may be the issue; through their filmography, and specifically Kingsman and its upcoming sequel, they may have bet so much in homage that they’re ruled out of taking on the main beast. With that in mind, another solid high-profile choice would be Alex Garland. The British screenwriter has built himself up over the past fifteen years as a major genre presence, with particular skill in drawing a lot out of minimalist concepts; see $30 million Dredd or $15 million Ex Machina (which he also directed), a track record that would offset fears of a repeat of Spectre‘s budgetary failures. Bond would see him coming down to Earth a little, but his career as a filmmaker is at the right point for it to work.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Associate producer Gregg Wilson has teased a little bit about how they might begin shaping the story.

"We've just begun to doodle with ideas for the next movie," he told FilmWeb (via Birth Movies Death).

"Each script process begins when we ask ourselves the question: 'What is the world afraid of now?'

"In the case of Spectre the theme was global monitoring and utilization of information. So now we are trying to find out what will be relevant in the coming years." Although Wilson did not give any details as to what sort of new modern threats they were looking at, he did say they were planning to be more original with the character.

"We always want to do something new with the Bond character and see him in situations we have not seen him in the past," he continued.

"We must give the audience something new every time... often it helps to go back to Ian Fleming's novels for inspiration, :shock: :shock: :shock: whether you're talking about grades or mood."
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

???
What the hell is all that supposed to mean? He said exactly nothing. I can name five films dad to SP that had jack to do with what the world is afraid of. QOS yes water rights has us frightened. SP the "global monitoring" it was almost laughable and ripped off from a shows and movies that were original.

Bond do something original I don't think we've seen that since Cubby died

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Big O, they need NEW blood in control :!:
Bond...James Bond
Lieutenant

If they want to do something original then why not make a James Bond film with James Bond in it. Havent had one of those since 2002. :cheers:
Bond...James Bond
Lieutenant

FormerBondFan wrote:Freaks and weirdos are James Bonds from now on. If you want the real James Bond, go watch Mission: Impossible and Kingsman.
The Mission Impossible movies are the closest thing to old Bond that we have. They s**t all over the Craig Bonds as far as excitement, story, adventure, satisfaction go. GP and RN were both very good entries considering theyre the 4th and 5th films. Looking forward to MI6 next year. Sad when you look forward to Tom Cruise as Ethan Hunt, a character he's played since 1996 more than the next Bond film.
The Sweeney
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, GF, LTK, CR, FRWL
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Post by The Sweeney »

What the hell is Wilson going on about? The last time they revisited a Fleming novel for inspiration was CR in 2005. Prior to that it was 1989 with LTK.

This fool and his dominating sister need to step down, bring in some new blood to run the show.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

The Sweeney wrote:What the hell is Wilson going on about? The last time they revisited a Fleming novel for inspiration was CR in 2005. Prior to that it was 1989 with LTK.

This fool and his dominating sister need to step down, bring in some new blood to run the show.
Sweeney, with you NOW on board with this Bond Fortress of Solitude here in this marvelous forum, is the proof that change from the top at EON is a prerequisite to any future continuation with this franchise. Our knowledgeable poster FBF has been saying this for years now, and is correct :!: It's time for the Broccoli floret and the Wilson clan to be bought out and a new regime installed to return the franchise to it's former greatness with all new castings in all roles, and Aidan Turner as Bond :!: The world is bored with Cr-egg now. Keeping him would NOT reinvigorate anything. I can see a great new wave of enthusiasm globally with the announcement of the sale of the Bond franchise and a new course correction in the plots going forward with the "7th 007", which would be a great marketing logo for sure :!: EON is truly lost in ideas now with the franchise and any continuation down this current path would be detrimental. Can EON be bought out and will Broccoli say goodbye to her feminist emasculation of Fleming's Bond?
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

The Sweeney wrote:What the hell is Wilson going on about? The last time they revisited a Fleming novel for inspiration was CR in 2005. Prior to that it was 1989 with LTK.

Sadly that glittering jewel of mediocrity was Gregg Wilson one of the potential heirs to the throne.

I heard once MGW's sons (David & Gregg) were more eager to create a new 007 around 2010-11 when it did not look certain when the next movie would be made. However more and more the boys are slowly brought out to be spokesmen for the company carrying the company line. I guess that's to be expected, I am not sure how much of what they say is their opinion and how much is their dear aunties.

From what little is available on the Wilson boys they did work for other movie companies in low end jobs looks like they worked in the real world for a short while before being groomed for the family business.

The statement from Gregg holds little solace for any Bond fan, essentially EON has no idea what they are doing nor what they did wrong.

Doing something new with the Bond character & see Bond in new situation we have not see in the past completely misses the point of who James Bond is, opening the door for ever greater perverting of the character.

Giving the audience something new every time..... must not watch his own movies, no way can the rubbish over the last twenty years be considered something the audience has never seen before. Blatant aping of Batman, Bourne, and Home Alone, done while getting the 007 characters wrong.
DAD had one original moment with 007's capture and torture, even the female MI6 agent betraying 007 was well within the realm of a possible Fleming story, then EON recycles the Mooonraker plot again this time with a wish we made the Matrix movie twist.

Possible Gregg is spouting off talking point like a loyal foot solider, as he should in his position, I am concerned that maybe the apple does not fall from the tree.
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
Bond...James Bond
Lieutenant

Who would be someone or which company would we want in charge of Bond though? EON are so out of ideas its embarrassing. Wilson the younger has no more chance of taking Bond forward than his aunty by the sounds of it.
How did Cubby and co release a new Bond film every two years without fail? I'm totally baffled at the trouble it is to get a new film out. :cuss: