The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
oscartheman
Agent

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by oscartheman »

Archer of the toon of the same name is a clone of a Connery Brosnan mix in the looks department they finally payed homage to Craig when Archer had to go on chemo.
I couldn't think of who Archer was reminding me of on his killing rampage then it hit me with no eyebrows he had a striking resemblance to Craig.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

FormerBondFan wrote:First things first, we're going to need a whole chunks of horrid reviews worse than QOS before it reaches the UK.
But these are things we have no control over. It's important to have achievable goals. Nothing we do or say is going to make an ounce of difference to SF's reviews or box office. But we can counter lies (that QOS was a resounding success, that Brosnan killed the franchise until Craig revitalised it) with facts. Keep hammering away at those myths wherever you find them and it is possible for even a fairly small number of people to affect public consciousness. Why do you think governments and lobbying firms employ people to post on social media sites and internet comments boards?
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
shaken not stirred
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye, the spy who loved Me, the world is not enough, goldfinger, live and let die.
Favorite Movies: Iron man,Iron man 2, avengers, goldeneye, dark city, back to the future, live and let die.

Post by shaken not stirred »

bjmdds wrote:If Cr-egg stays I want the franchise to end now, but Eon will keep churning out as many films as they can so that the minions can rush to see them.......we need a LTK response to Bond 23 at the box office.
The way people are getting hyped over that d**n stupid beepy trailer I think he's gonna stay :cry: , all the same crap on there he's what fleming envisioned, this is real bond, this is a film that's trying too hard, cregg will never be bond even if he stays to do something stupid like 12 bond films, you put caville or jackman in that trailer you'd turn a 24 carrot rotting turd into 24 carrot gold (and put an old man back as q instead of someone who looks like they work in pc world), the way craig said bond james bond didn't have any finesse to it either, every other actor even Dalton (no offense to Dalton fans) atleast somehow managed to say bond james bond a bit better than craig, you need to get that bond, james bond part right just like any actor who plays batman has to say I'm batman properly or it comes off as crap, batman strikes fear into people just like bonds supposed to show class and be suave, craig sounds like he regrets saying bond james bond, it's the d**n top title and you're the best agent keanu reeves could've given a better performance.

The villain looks bloody stupid in the wig and no one who's seen that trailer's even mentioned that there's a scene that parodys the dark knight where a joker looking person walks off and blows up a house in a very similar way the joker blew up a hospital block (only difference is this was done at night instead of daytime), there's no originality in this film, the train fighting sequence was done better in under siege 2 (and if you play videogames uncharted 2 delivers a much better experience).
Bond....James bond....Rest in peace (1964-2002)
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

shaken not stirred wrote:The way people are getting hyped over that d**n stupid beepy trailer I think he's gonna stay :cry: , all the same crap on there he's what fleming envisioned, this is real bond, this is a film that's trying too hard, cregg will never be bond even if he stays to do something stupid like 12 bond films, you put caville or jackman in that trailer you'd turn a 24 carrot rotting turd into 24 carrot gold (and put an old man back as q instead of someone who looks like they work in pc world), the way craig said bond james bond didn't have any finesse to it either, every other actor even Dalton (no offense to Dalton fans) atleast somehow managed to say bond james bond a bit better than craig, you need to get that bond, james bond part right just like any actor who plays batman has to say I'm batman properly or it comes off as crap, batman strikes fear into people just like bonds supposed to show class and be suave, craig sounds like he regrets saying bond james bond, it's the d**n top title and you're the best agent keanu reeves could've given a better performance.
If DC's going to stay, I say we should campaign for this thing to be the next James Bond. Shaken.....since you're a gamer, I would assume you know who this is.

shaken not stirred
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye, the spy who loved Me, the world is not enough, goldfinger, live and let die.
Favorite Movies: Iron man,Iron man 2, avengers, goldeneye, dark city, back to the future, live and let die.

Post by shaken not stirred »

FormerBondFan wrote:
If DC's going to stay, I say we should campaign for this thing to be the next James Bond. Shaken.....since you're a gamer, I would assume you know who this is.

Not sure what the enemy is but it looks similar to an enemy out of a quake game.
Bond....James bond....Rest in peace (1964-2002)
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

shaken not stirred wrote:
FormerBondFan wrote:

Not sure what the enemy is but it looks similar to an enemy out of a quake game.
It is from Quake, and this monster is known as the Shambler.

[video][/video]

Shaken, let's say we campaign for this monster to replace DC as Bond if Babs is full of herself in making Bond 23 a success.
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

After 30 days in the USA, with 3-D and Imax effects added on, Garfield's non-Amazing film is $71 MILLION behind Tobey's last Spider-Man 3 film in the USA.(30-Day Total: $245,327,116 vs. 30-Day Total: $316,005,192) So much for success of this here. How can any studio head rationalize rebooting a film that did $890 million in 2007? It might slip to 8th or 9th this weekend as the Bat continues to soar. So much for the need of a reboot. Pascal was wrong again :!: FBF, she is as much the culprit as the rotten green vegetable at Eon. MP, have a great trip and wave to the Eskimos for all of us and be our good will anti-Cregg ambassador on the cruise :!: Spread the word to not see Bond 23 but see Anna Karenina instead, right FBF?
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote:After 30 days in the USA, with 3-D and Imax effects added on, Garfield's non-Amazing film is $71 MILLION behind Tobey's last Spider-Man 3 film in the USA.(30-Day Total: $245,327,116 vs. 30-Day Total: $316,005,192) So much for success of this here. It might slip to 8th or 9th this weekend as the Bat continues to soar. So much for the need of a reboot. Pascal was wrong again :!: FBF, she is as much the culprit as the rotten green vegetable at Eon.

BJ, the Bat's going to need you again. You wanted Andy's poisonous arachnid to lose and continue to gross lower than any of Tobey's Spidey. If you want this, just do I did and watch TDKR again. I'm going to see it for the 11th time in the next hour. Also, see Ice Age 4 as well. I did my part already. Now is your turn.
Spread the word to not see Bond 23 but see Anna Karenina instead, right FBF?
Yes, but let's not forget Anne Karenina will be Rated R (not to mentioned having a limited release), and most artistic films tend to get this rating. I wouldn't be surprised if Lincoln will get the same rating. It would be nice if we have another wide release on the 9th.

If worse comes to worse, send in the weirdos, and some of them are in my list here:

http://www.danielcraigisnotbond.com/for ... ?f=12&t=17
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Dallas was the number one cable original last night, earning a 0.8 adults 18-49 rating, up a tenth from last week's 0.7 adults 18-49 rating, and 3.2 million viewers. It regularly beats out NBC's Rock Center's ratings and beat all of ABC's programming last night. MP, have you gotten into it yet? FBF, I will see the Bat again tomorrow afternoon. It will do very nicely. How many 2012 films have worldwide grosses so far over $600 million?
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=747951& Huge good news here. If Twilight was moved, it would benefit Bond 23 but thankfully it's on cruise control to stamp out Cr-egg's film November 16.
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote:How many 2012 films have worldwide grosses so far over $600 million?
Worldwide, we have 5 films surpassing the $600 million mark. Domestically, 9 films have surpass QOS' $168 million in the US, and 8 of them went over $200 million.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Let's hope The Bourne Legacy gets some action.
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote:Let's hope The Bourne Legacy gets some action.
You don't think it's going to beat TBU's numbers, would it?

I was going to see Legacy, but without Damon, I'll save it when it comes out on DVD.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Why? It was trying to copy the Bourne films that led to the ruination of Bond in the first place. If this one underperforms, the rationale for the reboot (that Bourne represents the future of the spy thriller) goes out of the window.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Kristatos wrote:
Why? It was trying to copy the Bourne films that led to the ruination of Bond in the first place. If this one underperforms, the rationale for the reboot (that Bourne represents the future of the spy thriller) goes out of the window.
Plus, Matt Damon is not in here so I like to see this gross lower than TBU.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

I would love to see it do more than Bond 23 but very unlikely. The more films that do higher numbers than Bond 23 in 2012 the better.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Kristatos wrote:
The ONLY thing that has led to the ruination of the franchise is the lust of DC by an enamored owner of Eon. She fantasizes about him naked and went against everyone else's judgment to give him the role.
The Saint 007
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Post by The Saint 007 »

The horrible attempts of the Bond producers trying to mimic Bourne, has only made the Bourne series look more superior as a result. By the looks of the Skyfall trailers, the film seems to be a bit influenced by Batman. Once upon a time everybody wanted to be like James Bond, and now James Bond wants to be like everybody else.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

katied wrote:Sorry I haven't been around but I'm getting ready to go on a Alaskan cruise.Not sure how much access I'll have to DCINB while I'm on the ship but might try to post at least once while I'm aboard. :happy spin:
:cheers: How do you get to go on all these wonderful trips? Does you family own the cruse line? Sounds like a cool trip 8)
Have a great trip! :cheers:
............ :007:
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

The Saint 007 wrote:The horrible attempts of the Bond producers trying to mimic Bourne, has only made the Bourne series look more superior as a result. By the looks of the Skyfall trailers, the film seems to be a bit influenced by Batman. Once upon a time everybody wanted to be like James Bond, and now James Bond wants to be like everybody else.
This is their third attempt at making Batman Begins, down to Bond Manner burning down. :?

I think when more spoilers come it we will find out this is Q begins and MP begins as well. I don't like the new Q he's too young.
............ :007: