The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by bjmdds »

Next weekend Captain Kirk and Chekov invade Chiller Theatre's convention in New Jersey: http://www.chillertheatre.com/gt/gtc4.htm
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

In a 2023 interview with Entertainment Weekly, James Bond star Daniel Cr-egg noted the difference between his version of the movie as compared to the previous films and the upcoming ones:

“No more Bond girls. They don’t exist anymore. They may exist again, but not in my movies.”--------but-----Daniel Craig Once Revealed Being Obsessed With Getting “In The Girl’s Knickers In His Teens” And Said, “When Puberty Hit, My Head Exploded”.
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

bjmdds wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:46 am In a 2023 interview with Entertainment Weekly, James Bond star Daniel Cr-egg noted the difference between his version of the movie as compared to the previous films and the upcoming ones:

“No more Bond girls. They don’t exist anymore. They may exist again, but not in my movies.”--------but-----Daniel Craig Once Revealed Being Obsessed With Getting “In The Girl’s Knickers In His Teens” And Said, “When Puberty Hit, My Head Exploded”.
Typical Hollywood "morality," moaning about the depiction of women in their films all the while they're committing depraved acts on co-workers and subordinates, then have the audacity to preach to the "common folk" about how they "need to do better."
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I'm going to take the rare step of defending Daniel Craig here. I don't think it's fair to accuse him of hypocrisy for having different attitudes as an adult than he did when he was a hormonal teen. In fact, one criticism I've seen of Roger's Bond is that he sometimes behaves more like a horny teenager about to get to third base for the first time than a sophisticated man of the world.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
dirtybenny
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:08 pm I'm going to take the rare step of defending Daniel Craig here. I don't think it's fair to accuse him of hypocrisy for having different attitudes as an adult than he did when he was a hormonal teen. In fact, one criticism I've seen of Roger's Bond is that he sometimes behaves more like a horny teenager about to get to third base for the first time than a sophisticated man of the world.

You're right Kris, this quote in this context isn't that egregious, however I'm personally speaking here to the greater attitude in Hollywood. "Oh we're so virtuous." Yet pigs like Harvey Weinstein (or "God" as Meryl Streep called him) can do whatever they please.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Oh yeah. With Weinstein, you have to wonder who knew what, and when. How many of his victims were afraid to speak out, for fear of being blacklisted, and how many people who could have intervened turned a blind eye?
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

dirtybenny wrote:
Kristatos wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:08 pm I'm going to take the rare step of defending Daniel Craig here. I don't think it's fair to accuse him of hypocrisy for having different attitudes as an adult than he did when he was a hormonal teen. In fact, one criticism I've seen of Roger's Bond is that he sometimes behaves more like a horny teenager about to get to third base for the first time than a sophisticated man of the world.

You're right Kris, this quote in this context isn't that egregious, however I'm personally speaking here to the greater attitude in Hollywood. "Oh we're so virtuous." Yet pigs like Harvey Weinstein (or "God" as Meryl Streep called him) can do whatever they please.
Thing about Craig is there was a rumor going back to skyfall, I think ,maybe it’s another film the one after . Actress was a late minute casting after someone quit, supposedly the conditions for her being hired was being willing to accept Craig advances. It looked like it’d blow up into a real story then was quietly forgotten about. But it’s kind of rich having these people be sanctimonious, yet possibly be part of the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Omega wrote: Thing about Craig is there was a rumor going back to skyfall, I think ,maybe it’s another film the one after . Actress was a late minute casting after someone quit, supposedly the conditions for her being hired was being willing to accept Craig advances. It looked like it’d blow up into a real story then was quietly forgotten about. But it’s kind of rich having these people be sanctimonious, yet possibly be part of the problem.
It's fair enough to criticise that, if the story is true and not just tabloid gossip. I just don't think he should be criticised just for having gone through puberty.

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:
Omega wrote: Thing about Craig is there was a rumor going back to skyfall, I think ,maybe it’s another film the one after . Actress was a late minute casting after someone quit, supposedly the conditions for her being hired was being willing to accept Craig advances. It looked like it’d blow up into a real story then was quietly forgotten about. But it’s kind of rich having these people be sanctimonious, yet possibly be part of the problem.
It's fair enough to criticise that, if the story is true and not just tabloid gossip. I just don't think he should be criticised just for having gone through puberty.

I was ignoring that part of his comments, I was more interested in his stand on Bond girls and what a splendid feminist he is , I guess despite going through puberty. Jk

dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

Omega wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:23 pm
Thing about Craig is there was a rumor going back to skyfall, I think ,maybe it’s another film the one after . Actress was a late minute casting after someone quit, supposedly the conditions for her being hired was being willing to accept Craig advances. It looked like it’d blow up into a real story then was quietly forgotten about. But it’s kind of rich having these people be sanctimonious, yet possibly be part of the problem.
Yes, if memory serves it was supposedly the Mexican actress who appears in face paint during the pre-titles scene in Spectre. I believe other such rumors about our man Dan have also been waived about. I don't know how true they are, but considering what we do know about Hollywood and how they conduct "business," I wouldn't be too shocked if it were true, after all for every scandal we know about, there are a thousand we don't.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Attending the London premiere for his latest film The Fall Guy on Monday (22 April), ATJ was asked whether he was “sick of being asked about Bond” by the Associated Press.

After a tense pause, he replied with a strained laugh: “You sick of asking the question?”

“I want to know, so no,” quipped the reporter in return.

Aaron Taylor-Johnson addressed rumours once again (Associated Press)
Taylor-Johnson retorted: “Alright, have a good one.”

He is then seen walking away, shutting down any further conversation.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

The more he won't admit he has the part, the more it is probably true that Broccoli hired him and is waiting for the announcement to be scheduled and planned. This is the role in Bullet Trial that supposedly impressed the green vegetable: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/cU2_KAiUMIs
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:The more he won't admit he has the part, the more it is probably true that Broccoli hired him and is waiting for the announcement to be scheduled and planned.
But if it's taking her this long to schedule a press conference, I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for the next movie.

dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

bjmdds wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:48 am The more he won't admit he has the part, the more it is probably true that Broccoli hired him and is waiting for the announcement to be scheduled and planned. This is the role in Bullet Trial that supposedly impressed the green vegetable: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/cU2_KAiUMIs
I read it another way, he is tired of being interrogated over the casting of a role that even he has no knowledge about. At this point I wonder should Babz get off her ass and offer it to him he'd pass just because of the hounding he's experienced so far. I would add, if Babz has set her cap on this chap and he is game for the role, why hasn't she announced him? Why are we waiting? What is she waiting for? What "perfect timing" does she think she's setting up?
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Before Craig got it they signed other actors(Sam Worthington) and put them through training then said thanks but no thanks. Actors were banned from talking about it . Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s the same deal here

kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

Not that the Craig rumor is true but if it is, I have one thing to say to Rachael Weisz:

RUN B!TCH,RUN!!
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Filmmaker and artist Sam Taylor-Johnson has said that she and her husband Aaron “couldn’t really fathom the fascination” with the age gap between them. Speaking to the BBC’s “This Cultural Life” podcast, Taylor-Johnson, 57, said that outside interest in her relationship had died down since the pair first got together after meeting on the set of “Nowhere Boy,” which she directed. The movie, in which Aaron Taylor-Johnson portrays John Lennon during his early years, was released in the United Kingdom in 2009. He was 19 and Sam Taylor-Johnson was 42 at the time!......His wife was asked how she felt about the prospect of becoming the new Mrs. Bond. “Listen, if it happens, it will be great,” she said. “Everyone can continually speculate until anything becomes a reality.”
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I can't really fathom it either. At the end of the day, it's nobody else's business.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

"I think the man has the chops and the talent and the charisma to play Bond, very much so," Pierce Brosnan said for the Taylor-Johnson casting rumors. "So, yes, I read the news about his possibilities of being a Bond, so I would definitely tip my hat to the fellow."
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »