The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Kristatos »

New Pierce Brosnan spy thriller klaxon:

https://screenrant.com/pierce-brosnan-b ... placement/

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

kater23 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:50 pm Yep, you did the Nash version of it..I was coming from my perspective.May not have made it clear.Or maybe I did.I any case, yeah. He’s not a moderator here and this is NOT a dictatorship. :cheers:
NOBODY messes with our MP!
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

MI6-HQ already locked me out! That was quick. One mindset or bust there.
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

Yep. We accept differing opinions..but if you take it to a level like Nash did,then bye. Not liking Daniel Craig is not a crime.
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

I don’t even keep up with what’s happening in the movie industry any more , bond really has been left to die in the wilderness out of the self importance one person.
Movie series and series like game of thrones have come and gone in less time with more content than Babs has made in 20 years. Bond had cultural impact because it kept fairy consistent content for 20 films. Then Babs gets in complete control 2004 and you can count on one had all she accomplished since then.

And it was a crime to not support the corporate well being of Sony and Eon. MGM was essentially sabotage by the broccoli’s lack of content at key times, MGM ended up losing their solvency, ultimately landing up as Amazon property. Which didn’t please Babs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Omega wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:00 am I don’t even keep up with what’s happening in the movie industry any more , bond really has been left to die in the wilderness out of the self importance one person.
Movie series and series like game of thrones have come and gone in less time with more content than Babs has made in 20 years. Bond had cultural impact because it kept fairy consistent content for 20 films. Then Babs gets in complete control 2004 and you can count on one had all she accomplished since then.

And it was a crime to not support the corporate well being of Sony and Eon. MGM was essentially sabotage by the broccoli’s lack of content at key times, MGM ended up losing their solvency, ultimately landing up as Amazon property. Which didn’t please Babs.

Yeah, she definitely contributed to the the situation she currently finds herself in.
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Racist James Bond fans have threatened to boycott the next movie if Jewish actor Aaron Taylor Johnson is confirmed in the role. Amid rumors the British actor, 33, has all but signed a deal to follow in Daniel Craig's footsteps as 007, anti-Semitic comments have surfaced online. The hashtag #BoycottJamesBond has also been widely shared on X, formerly known as Twitter. Fans have fumed at producers, writing: 'Really bad timing with Israel committing genocide in Gaza. Shame on you. I hope your company collapses';

'Boycott Bond, Free Palestine';

'I wont buy a ticket for any of its movies. Will boycott all of it.'--------now this! Will this affect Broccoli's decision now?
dirtybenny
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Oy Vey! These people are really out of control! Whatever your opinion on Israel are you really going to put that on everyone with a drop of Jewish blood? Adolf would be proud!

"Racist "James Bond fans,'" these people aren't Bond fans and never were, they're just antisemitic activists looking for any angle to play for controversy.
bjmdds wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:16 am Will this affect Broccoli's decision now?
To your question BJ, no it won't affect her decision, because I highly doubt he's truly in the running let alone "all but cast." Least anyone forget he's staring in a new Marvel film set to come out later this year entitled "Kraven The Hunter." Is Babz really going to pick a guy already headlining a francize? If so why not Cavil?
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

kater23 wrote:Yep. We accept differing opinions..but if you take it to a level like Nash did,then bye. Not liking Daniel Craig is not a crime.
Absolutely. We gave Nash every chance, because we didn't want to be the sort of forum that bans people for having a contrary view. Though I think we would have been within our rights to do that, since the pro-Craig view is not exactly underrepresented elsewhere, and this site was set up especially for people who don't like Craig as Bond.

kater23
Moneypenny

Post by kater23 »

Despite my previous behavior,I think this is a very open and welcoming forum . If you put your opposing opinion out there in a way that is not offensive , great.
quantex
New Recruit

Post by quantex »

bjmdds wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:16 am Racist James Bond fans have threatened to boycott the next movie if Jewish actor Aaron Taylor Johnson is confirmed in the role. Amid rumors the British actor, 33, has all but signed a deal to follow in Daniel Craig's footsteps as 007, anti-Semitic comments have surfaced online. The hashtag #BoycottJamesBond has also been widely shared on X, formerly known as Twitter. Fans have fumed at producers, writing: 'Really bad timing with Israel committing genocide in Gaza. Shame on you. I hope your company collapses';

'Boycott Bond, Free Palestine';

'I wont buy a ticket for any of its movies. Will boycott all of it.'--------now this! Will this affect Broccoli's decision now?
Never even thought about the guy's ethnicity, not even sure if that's the right word. These days I kind of dread anything I say in all this woke/pc culture we're in. It's like we're living in some kind of eastern european Soviet occupied country and we gotta watch what we say. Where is this news from, is it from mainstream media? I just thought the guy was a British actor, saw him in that Brad Pitt movie where they were in a train. Bullet Train, I think was the title. Got a vague memory of it now, that film was crap. I don't even believe he's cast as Bond. You look at the history of these films, they get a director first, then they start the casting with that director overseeing it. This Johnson dude, it makes sense for him to kind of ride along with the rumor the way he's being vague. He's got some movies coming out this year so he might as well milk the rumor to help with publicity. On the other hand, Barbara Broccoli, gawd there's a piece of work. But I don;t think the Eon camp made any response to this Taylor Johnson alleged casting. Maybe I missed it. But now that “racism” is thrown into it, they'll just continue staying silent, you know keep a distance from it.
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

dirtybenny wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:39 pm On a lighter note, how many posts does one have to make in order to get their username in bold font?
There is membership of the 00 Group with a 00 number and the name in blue. Or a custom colour and rank (a Bond character for example). Which would you prefer?
Bring back Bond!
kater23
Moneypenny

Post by kater23 »

Carl! Haven’t seen you in a minute! *waves*.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

dirtybenny wrote:Oy Vey! These people are really out of control! Whatever your opinion on Israel are you really going to put that on everyone with a drop of Jewish blood? Adolf would be proud!

"Racist "James Bond fans,'" these people aren't Bond fans and never were, they're just antisemitic activists looking for any angle to play for controversy.
bjmdds wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:16 am Will this affect Broccoli's decision now?
To your question BJ, no it won't affect her decision, because I highly doubt he's truly in the running let alone "all but cast." Least anyone forget he's staring in a new Marvel film set to come out later this year entitled "Kraven The Hunter." Is Babz really going to pick a guy already headlining a francize? If so why not Cavil?
Yeah basically it’s the fringe anti Israeli nut jobs that found a home in woke culture. It’s one thing to protest a departure from what a series had always been which Babs casting Craig represented, just about everything we were afraid of in 2006 came to pass. Although we never imagined she’d kill bond because she can’t get over her crush on Craig.

Far as an actor being Jewish, who actually cares?
For these neo nazi wannabe Inteligencia, It’s only a cultural difference really, genetically there’s more similarities than dissimilarities with Israel’s Arab neighbors. Both sons of Abraham both with similar religions.
I dunno the right or wrong of the “war” on either side. Consider Palestine is a made up term the Brits came up with probably because of the Bible. It was not a unique people of population nor a land inhabited by the same people for thousands of years prior. They are the same people as live in Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, and parts of Egypt.
There were plenty of what would be called Palestinians living there in peace and security in Israel compared to that was available at their neighbors in Jordan and other places. If you really wanna look for blame, there’s plenty to go around. When you have an extremist side who wants all Jews dead for a starting point in negotiations there really no where to go.

Strange this antisemitism from 100 years ago comes back again and the same type of people think it makes perfect sense. I don’t get why people feel they should target people personally who have no sway on what the state of Israel is doing.

But on to bond the boycott bond free Palestine argument may sway Babs because she buys these woke talking points. She needs to praise for the critics and the right circles to feel good about herself. This is where her right circles are. Cubby would tell these kinds of people off, Babs needs them acknowledge her.

One could argue her boy toy Craig looked more Arian than British.
Goldfinger actor was an actual nazi. (He pretty much had to be in Germany at that time, many were required to join doesn’t me they believed or agreed)
There’s a lot more hay to be made here if someone has the mind to.

James
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: On Her Majesty's Secret Service
Favorite Movies: George A Romero's Dawn Of The Dead
Silent Running
Harold and Maude

Post by James »

We are probably getting a bit bored of the ATJ speculation but there was more of it today in the Daily Mail.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/a ... -deal.html

Inside Aaron Taylor-Johnson's Bond deal: Daniel Craig's 007 replacement could sign up for FOUR films after 'endless discussions' with bosses - who could add a 'fantasy' twist to the beloved spy franchise

Aaron Taylor-Johnson could be getting himself a license to kill in four James Bond films after 'endless discussions' with studio execs - who insiders claim are hoping he can replace Daniel Craig to lead the franchise into a new-age with a 'fantasy' twist. The British actor, 33, has reportedly been formally offered the chance to play 007, with sources claiming bosses have already taken extraordinary lengths to secure him. Producer Barbara Broccoli, 63, is not considering anyone else, according to insiders, who have claimed costume fittings for Aaron are already underway.

'It is all in the details and agents and lawyers are going through all the red tape and how many movies Aaron will sign up for. It is currently looking to be a three-picture deal with the option of a fourth. They have done all the fittings, they have the haircut they have in mind for him, and he's already in tremendous shape. Barbara Broccoli and the rest of the producers are going to make a huge deal out of the announcement.'

According to the insider, an event will be held where the remaining living Bonds – including George Lazenby, 84, Timothy Dalton, 78, Pierce Brosnan, 70, and Daniel, 56 – will be asked to attend to pass on the torch. 'They all want this to be one of the biggest announcements ever and are looking to start filming sometime next year to get a movie out in theaters by 2026,' they said.

On top of going all out for the hotly anticipated official cast announcement, Bond execs are also hoping to take the beloved franchise into a new genre. The insider added: 'They would like it to be a little more of a fantasy, with interesting and iconic bad guys and over the top action and not as real as Daniel Craig's films were. They are looking to steer it more towards the Pierce Brosnan films in terms of tone and referencing Bond's past that people loved, but still incorporating moments to move the films forward.'
"I can't do that superhero stuff" Daniel Craig
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

James wrote:We are probably getting a bit bored of the ATJ speculation but there was more of it today in the Daily Mail.

Inside Aaron Taylor-Johnson's Bond deal: Daniel Craig's 007 replacement could sign up for FOUR films after 'endless discussions' with bosses - who could add a 'fantasy' twist to the beloved spy franchise

Aaron Taylor-Johnson could be getting himself a license to kill in four James Bond films after 'endless discussions' with studio execs - who insiders claim are hoping he can replace Daniel Craig to lead the franchise into a new-age with a 'fantasy' twist. The British actor, 33, has reportedly been formally offered the chance to play 007, with sources claiming bosses have already taken extraordinary lengths to secure him. Producer Barbara Broccoli, 63, is not considering anyone else, according to insiders, who have claimed costume fittings for Aaron are already underway.

'It is all in the details and agents and lawyers are going through all the red tape and how many movies Aaron will sign up for. It is currently looking to be a three-picture deal with the option of a fourth. They have done all the fittings, they have the haircut they have in mind for him, and he's already in tremendous shape. Barbara Broccoli and the rest of the producers are going to make a huge deal out of the announcement.'

According to the insider, an event will be held where the remaining living Bonds – including George Lazenby, 84, Timothy Dalton, 78, Pierce Brosnan, 70, and Daniel, 56 – will be asked to attend to pass on the torch. 'They all want this to be one of the biggest announcements ever and are looking to start filming sometime next year to get a movie out in theaters by 2026,' they said.

On top of going all out for the hotly anticipated official cast announcement, Bond execs are also hoping to take the beloved franchise into a new genre. The insider added: 'They would like it to be a little more of a fantasy, with interesting and iconic bad guys and over the top action and not as real as Daniel Craig's films were. They are looking to steer it more towards the Pierce Brosnan films in terms of tone and referencing Bond's past that people loved, but still incorporating moments to move the films forward.'
Craig’s films weren’t “realistic “ nor gritty and real .
I’m kind of encouraged the talking points are close to what bond had been but I think fantasy is the wrong term unless there will be elves.

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

The Daily Mail is not generally considered a reliable news source, particularly in its online iteration, but it has got Bond stories right in the past. It revealed that Naomie Harris's Eve character in Skyfall was going to turn out to be Moneypenny, for example.

And welcome to the forum Quantex. Please feel free to introduce yourself, tell us what brought you here etc.
dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

carl stromberg wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:34 pm
dirtybenny wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:39 pm On a lighter note, how many posts does one have to make in order to get their username in bold font?
There is membership of the 00 Group with a 00 number and the name in blue. Or a custom colour and rank (a Bond character for example). Which would you prefer?
Thank you Carl, I'll go with the Blue "00" version please.

For some reason I was under the impression it happened automatically once a certain number of posts were achieved.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

dirtybenny wrote:
carl stromberg wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:34 pm
Thank you Carl, I'll go with the Blue "00" version please.

For some reason I was under the impression it happened automatically once a certain number of posts were achieved.
I think it's something Goldeneye introduced years ago. I had forgotten about it, to tell you the truth.

dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

James wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:56 pm We are probably getting a bit bored of the ATJ speculation but there was more of it today in the Daily Mail.

A few things jump out at me:

"...who have claimed costume fittings for Aaron are already underway."
Why are we trying on suits when the papers haven't even been signed yet?

"...start filming sometime next year to get a movie out in theaters by 2026"
Weren't we just told in the last "scoop" they were going to start filming this year?

The last paragraph sounds great, except the "...referencing Bond's past that people loved, but still incorporating moments to move the films forward."
The incessant winks, nods and nudges of past Bond scenes were done to death in Danny's era and were absolute trash, I don't need to see a recreation of "Jill Masterson but with oil instead of gold," or any of the other cheap "Memberberries" we were subjected to since Die Another Day!