The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by kater23 »

There needs to be a TL:DR’ed ceremony
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Well.....well....well. What have we been saying here for several years?-------

Attending a premiere last November, Express.co.uk asked EON Productions producer Greg Wilson for the latest on Bond 26.

The man who many expect to take over the 007 movies after his father Michael G Wilson and aunt Barbara Broccoli, gave a simple answer.

He told us: "NO plans on making the next Bond at this stage. There will be another Bond 'SOMEDAY', but we’re NOT actively developing it.”----WHAT :!: :?: Image
kater23
Moneypenny

Post by kater23 »

I’m with BJ on this.. WHAT?!?
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Hmm, I am very wary about Express Online as a source, as they have published too many bogus Bond stories in the past. But this seems legit. It actually names Gregg Wilson, rather than the usual anonymous sources.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

From 2 months ago talk of Gregg Wilson's comments on Bond 26: https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=dRpLAlCoBG8
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

The sad thing is, I had high hopes for Gregg Wilson. The commonplace among family-run businesses is that "the first generation builds it, the second generation ruins it, and the third generation rescues it". But he seems as uninterested in Bond as daddy and Auntie Barbara.

Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

I think they believe bond it too hot a property to be forced to work with it. If this is their attitude and there truly is no development, Amazon may take it away from them , I’m sure they don’t see how but if they can prove the production company hired to make new movies isn’t interested then there is some way for Amazon to use their over 50% percent ownership , hell they could remake cr and thunderball since they own the rights alone, with the 50% of danjaq they could make the case the broccoli have sabotaged the partnership.
Not sure they will, but Babs is not interested in making any new movies, so they’re gonna have to do something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
kater23
Moneypenny

Post by kater23 »

So..maybe killing Bond off was a sign?
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

This is just a comment I read on another forum, so I don't know how much weight to give it. But someone said that the distributors, MGM, bore the brunt of the box office underperformance of the last couple of films, while EON continue to sit pretty thanks to merchandising deals etc. So it may be that Amazon/MGM are quite happy not to have to do all the donkey work while Bialystock and Bloom reap all the rewards.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

I have said this all along that Broccoli is NOT interested any longer in producing Bond films without Cr-egg. The more information that comes out only solidifies that assumption. Bezos must be a complete jerk to believe her when she said she has to figure out where to go next after killing off Bond in her last flick. She is playing Bezos for a fool! Talking about the franchise keeps her relevant online but the franchise has become IRRELEVANT now with her at the helm. The ONLY hope is that she is bought out with her doltish half brother once and for all, which she might welcome at this point. One film in 9 years now! EON's website is busy promoting 007 PENS now as well! MGW is looking more and more like Connery did at his advanced age: Image Image Image
Last edited by bjmdds on Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

If Bezos is a huge Bond fan who desperately wants to see a new film, he might be prepared to buy up EON. But I've seen no indication that this is the case. It may be that he's quite happy to simply exploit Bond as an MGM back catalogue item, like The Wizard of Oz or Shaft.

Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:This is just a comment I read on another forum, so I don't know how much weight to give it. But someone said that the distributors, MGM, bore the brunt of the box office underperformance of the last couple of films, while EON continue to sit pretty thanks to merchandising deals etc. So it may be that Amazon/MGM are quite happy not to have to do all the donkey work while Bialystock and Bloom reap all the rewards.
Well mgm did shoulder all the debt with partners investing in the profitability of the movie. MGM held off releasing the film nttd to bolster the value the studio.
Babs and family got paid upfront to produce, then get half the profit if there is any. But they spend so much if it’s not a billon dollar movie it’s in the negative .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

BFI’s head of strategic communications, Tina McFarling: "Whilst we have a responsibility to preserve films as close to their contemporaneous accuracy as possible, even where they contain language or depiction which we categorically reject, we also have a responsibility in how we present them to our audiences."......this was in regards to the Bond films. EON might feel with this level of scrutiny, they must produce a film contrary to who Bond really is, so why bother going forward, if it requires going WOKE.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

The idiotic weather merchants here in NYC are giddy that we finally have some snow after 700 days. So far only 2" and these weather loons are depressed it is not a foot by their reactions.
kater23
Moneypenny

Post by kater23 »

Just an eensy possibility of rain sends our weather people over the edge. Remember the “hurricane” last year?Amounted to some rain and wind.That was it.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Desperate Tesla owners in and around Chicago were seen trying to charge their vehicles with no luck amid frigid temperatures that have gripped the Midwest. Charging stations have essentially turned into car graveyards in recent days as temperatures have dropped to the negative double digits, Fox Chicago reported. "Nothing. No juice. Still on zero percent," Tyler Beard, who had been trying to recharge his Tesla at an Oak Brook, Illinois Tesla supercharging station since Sunday afternoon, told the news outlet. "And this is like three hours being out here after being out here three hours yesterday.".......what a con job these electric cars are. The batteries are outrageously priced when need replacement, the batteries are not that safe, and they have a lot of problems in extreme cold weather conditions.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Just read that the latest Fast & Furious movie is having its budget trimmed quite substantially. I did say that we can expect to see more big movies budgeted at $100-150 million in the near future, and this seems to bear my prediction out. Will EON be able to restrain themselves from spending like drunken sailors on shore leave if Bond 26 ever happens?
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:51 pm Just read that the latest Fast & Furious movie is having its budget trimmed quite substantially. I did say that we can expect to see more big movies budgeted at $100-150 million in the near future, and this seems to bear my prediction out. Will EON be able to restrain themselves from spending like drunken sailors on shore leave if Bond 26 ever happens?
I completely agree Kris, I think a restrained EON would work in the fandom's favor, having to concentrate on story and inventive filmmaking rather than just slapping a gazillion dollar veneer over the top of a maudlin "romance."

I think this however may be why they are dragging their feet on the next film, I imagine Amazon aren't playing as fast and loose with the purse strings as the previous MGM handlers have, so Babz et.al. are stamping their feet and sucking their thumbs until daddy Bezos gives them their cookie? Just one of many possibilities as to why they're so slow to get moving.
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

That sounds plausible, Benny.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Fox‘s Monday-night broadcast of the 75th Primetime Emmy Awards averaged 4.3 million total viewers, down 27% from the September 2022 ceremony to mark a new all-time audience low for TV’s starriest night. In the demo, the Emmys pulled a 0.85 rating, down 23% from last year’s 1.1.