The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by kater23 »

The nieces and nephews *always* had to watch Elf when they were younger.They’re all grown and it’s still one of their favorite movies ! :mrgreen:
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

Merry Christmas. :Xmas:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Merry Christmas.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

:Xmas: :Xmas: :xmas2:
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

OK, who had "Pierce Brosnan could face jail for trespassing in Yellowstone National Park" on their 2023 bingo card?

https://www.ladbible.com/entertainment/ ... 5-20231228

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Well, I finally did it. I watched No Time To Die on TV, just to help pass the time until midnight, and see in the new year. I wish I could say I was pleasantly surprised, but it was every bit as awful as I thought it would be. Even my mum, who is 87 and has advanced dementia, said that it was weird, and not like a proper Bond film.

bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Happy new year world! 2024 has arrived and STILL no new Bond actor from Brocollli! .......2015 (SPECTRE)...............2021 (NO TIME TO DIE) .............2024 (TIME TO KILL A FRANCHISE)............ONE Bond film has been made in 9 years!----------If Dalton did a 3rd film, this would have been the opening sequence: "Bond is on his glider. Bond drops off from a glider onto what looks like a soap factory but instead, they are making munitions. The factory is guarded by robotics... It's a sequence that could look like it could have been in The Terminator or something because these robots were smart." The script for the unmade sequel detailed this opening, noting that Bond assumes his latest mission will be incredibly easy to complete because his intel confirmed no men were inside guarding the factory. He infiltrates the complex, straps explosives to a vat of nitrates, sets a timer for three minutes, and prepares to leave before he's stopped by a small, Self-Propelled Security Robot (SSR) that can communicate with humans in multiple languages. The robot utilizes tasers and a machine gun in an attempt to kill 007. After he narrowly escapes the miniature death machine, the facility explodes, concluding the sequence.......sounds just like ULTRON 35 years earlier!
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Kristatos wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 5:08 pm Well, I finally did it. I watched No Time To Die on TV, just to help pass the time until midnight, and see in the new year. I wish I could say I was pleasantly surprised, but it was every bit as awful as I thought it would be. Even my mum, who is 87 and has advanced dementia, said that it was weird, and not like a proper Bond film.

NTTD was pure rubbish and unwatchable. I do not think it will sell well on cable tv when they try to market ads for it.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote: I do not think it will sell well on cable tv when they try to market ads for it.
There was certainly no shortage of ads during last night's showing. Fortunately for me, as they provided merciful relief. It's not often you'll find me saying "yay, an ad break", but this was one such occasion.

dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Happy New Year all! :cheers: :NewYears:

Kristatos wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 5:08 pm Well, I finally did it. I watched No Time To Die on TV, just to help pass the time until midnight, and see in the new year. I wish I could say I was pleasantly surprised, but it was every bit as awful as I thought it would be. Even my mum, who is 87 and has advanced dementia, said that it was weird, and not like a proper Bond film.

One last bit of masochism before the new year Kris?

Unfortunately I think the "Craig style" has become the "proper Bond" now.
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:OK, who had "Pierce Brosnan could face jail for trespassing in Yellowstone National Park" on their 2023 bingo card?

What’s weird is they never said what he actually did . Probably find out it was an accident or a overzealous ranger trying to prove a point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

dirtybenny wrote:Happy New Year all! :cheers: :NewYears:

One last bit of masochism before the new year Kris?

Unfortunately I think the "Craig style" has become the "proper Bond" now.
I don’t think it has set itself as what bond is, but I don’t think Babs wants to move on, or make any more bond movies.. I think Amazon is try to give them by this game show making them do publicity, and answer press questions .

other movies and series pick up the bond trappings successfully . I think a properly done bond movie would be a hit, I don’t think Craig’s era wears well as years move on , they ruined the good will CR got her, each successive movie eroded the bond image . Then they kill bond because she couldn’t recast .

............ :007:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Omega wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:10 am
Kristatos wrote:OK, who had "Pierce Brosnan could face jail for trespassing in Yellowstone National Park" on their 2023 bingo card?

What’s weird is they never said what he actually did . Probably find out it was an accident or a overzealous ranger trying to prove a point

He just seems to have accidentally wandered into an area where he wasn't supposed to be. If he wasn't a celebrity, he would have got away with a slap on the wrist, but as things stand, he runs the risk of falling victim to a zealous prosecutor wanting to make a name for themself as "the person who jailed Pierce Brosnan".
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

There are many zealous prosecutors here trying to make names for themselves in 2024.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Now, as audiences await news about James Bond 26, Cavill addresses in an interview with Total Film (via GamesRadar) whether playing a spy in Argylle will hurt his 007 chances. While the actor doesn't share what he thinks his chances are, he makes clear that it's not up to him anyway. Cavill's comment below:

“It’s a fun character. Whether I’m ruled out of Bond because of this or not is up to Barbara Broccoli and Mr. Wilson.”
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

New BFI 'trigger' warnings for viewers: Some of the films on this schedule received an extra disclaimer. In its description, "You Only Live Twice" received a specific warning which said, "Contains outdated racial stereotypes." As media outlets The Guardian and The Daily Mail reported this week, the films shown at the upcoming "John Barry: Soundtracking Bond and Beyond" BFI season have been given a disclaimer warning that they "will cause offense."
kater23
Moneypenny

Post by kater23 »

Paging Captain Obvious..They don’t need the warnings.The Bond films(and the books fir that matter) are..of a different time.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

From the reviews online and on tv, the tarnished Golden Globe awards show was a total bust and horrible to watch, which is no surprise to most people. Narcissists voting for narcissists and spewing utter nonsense during their acceptance speeches that nobody gives a d**n about.
kater23
Moneypenny

Post by kater23 »

Haven’t really bothered with awards ceremonies for several years. Plus, the hosts ..yeahno.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

kater23 wrote:Haven’t really bothered with awards ceremonies for several years. Plus, the hosts ..yeahno.
I don't think many people do any more. They feel like a relic of the past, and not in a good way. I think people are still interested in the results, but not enough to sit through a 4-hour ceremony.