The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by bjmdds »

IRONY, keep watching and you will enjoy OHMSS as well. Connery started to look bored in YOLT and should not have made DAF with the dry hair look and added weight, but I enjoyed it as well any way.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Franchise producer Barbara Broccoli told The Guardian, in an interview published online Saturday, there is a “big road ahead” before the iconic character is “reinvented for the next chapter.” She added that executives also “haven’t even begun” to modernize the franchise yet..............this statement is so telling of her psyche and PROVES she has emotionally left the franchise! How, and more importantly WHY, is Bezos allowing her to dictate NO development in the franchise he purchased?!
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Argylle is similar to Bond, but it's a much more exciting prospect for Henry Cavill as an actor. Not only does Argylle center around a new character with a new premise, but there's greater potential for the movie as part of a much larger cinematic universe. Plus, Cavill gets the opportunity to play a suave and capable spy without the expectations that come with the James Bond role. https://screenrant.com/kingsman-crossov ... ames-bond/ Image
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

bjmdds wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 6:07 pm Franchise producer Barbara Broccoli told The Guardian, in an interview published online Saturday, there is a “big road ahead” before the iconic character is “reinvented for the next chapter.” She added that executives also “haven’t even begun” to modernize the franchise yet..............this statement is so telling of her psyche and PROVES she has emotionally left the franchise! How, and more importantly WHY, is Bezos allowing her to dictate NO development in the franchise he purchased?!
I'm confused, didn't they just "modernize" the series with the whole Craig tenure? They've been saying that since 2006.
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

I'm all for Cavill playing a spy in another movie but what's with the hair?
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

The had the same chance to make a bond like character with the man from uncle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Although hopes were high for a James Bond television series firmly rooted in Daniel Craig's 007 era, the chances of that have gone down significantly after this update from Bond director, Barbara Broccoli. In an interview with The Guardian, Broccoli confirmed that the Bond team is staying away from television. She said, "Our focus is making the feature films. When we get going on a Bond movie it takes our full attention for three or four years :Bonk: so that’s our focus." Even then, Broccoli also mentioned that the next iteration of James Bond hasn't even begun development, meaning that the franchise has many years before the next film is released. :shock: :cuss: https://screenrant.com/james-bond-no-tv ... mi-paloma/
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Today marks the third anniversary of Sir Sean's death. Also, on this day, the Day of the Dead scene in SPECTRE was filmed. Guess which one the official 007 social media accounts chose to prioritise.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:29 pm Today marks the third anniversary of Sir Sean's death. Also, on this day, the Day of the Dead scene in SPECTRE was filmed. Guess which one the official 007 social media accounts chose to prioritise.

Let me guess not the passing of the most influential man in the series?
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

They come to praise Craig and to NOT mourn Sir Sean..wonder whose edict *that* was?
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

This is what the green goblin is up to while Cr-egg extends his time as Bond with NOTHING being done about the future of the move franchise: Image
According to Variety, she explained that “it’ll take some time” before the team is ready to begin production. “You know, it’s a whole new reinvention, so it’ll take some time,” she added.............time? How many decades?
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Brian Cox was essentially conned into appearing in Road to a Million (he thought he would be playing the villain in an actual Bond film):

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv ... 235640137/

dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

:hair: Poor guy! Amazon with the ol' "bait and switch!" Brian should have known however, EON only hire the most recent Oscar winner. Of course now that he has the stink of this project on him EON won't touch him with a ten foot pole!
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

dirtybenny wrote::hair: Poor guy! Amazon with the ol' "bait and switch!"
I'm guessing his agent wasn't being entirely honest with him either.

kater23
Moneypenny

Post by kater23 »

Sounds about right.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Looks like the actors' strike is over. The studios and the unions appear to have reached a deal, though SAG-AFTRA members still have to vote on it.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Road to a Million started out as a completely unrelated show that they just slapped an 007 logo on:

https://www.radiotimes.com/tv/entertain ... ewsupdate/

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Barbara Broccoli says Brian Cox was "joking a little bit" about thinking "007: Road to a Million" was the next Bond film. Cox recently made headlines when he appeared on The Tonight Show and told Jimmy Fallon that he joined Road to a Million under the impression that he was appearing in the next James Bond film. But Broccoli thinks that's another one of Cox's Roger Moore-like gags. "I'm not quite sure if that's true," she says with a smile. "I think he was joking a little bit." But she makes it clear that joke won't cost Cox the chance to appear in the next Bond film, whenever it goes before cameras. "I hope we'll get a chance to work with him again." Call him Roy... Logan Roy.......... "We're totally open to casting a non-star," Broccoli notes. "But acting is a very specialized profession, and if somebody has to carry a movie and have the range of requirements [for Bond] in terms of physicality, it's not going to be someone who has never done it before. It would be sort of irresponsible to do that. But we'd certainly be open to a non-star." In addition to finding a new Bond, Broccoli and Wilson also have to find a new director who will be an active participant in what she calls a "reinvention" of the franchise. "We're always open-minded about directors, but it's very early stages. It's awhile off."..........again it is awhile off! How much time does this idiot require to select the next actor? She does not want to do it! https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/jam ... 47661.html
kater23
Moneypenny

Post by kater23 »

Three words:Bait and switch.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

Just saw this poo up in Amazon prime , I wouldn’t be surprised if he wasn’t signed on to a To Be Named later bond project.
Her eon has a history of bait and switch luring tale in under false pretenses, buying Vietnam
Era helicopters, getting permission to film in areas they wouldn’t be allowed to film if they were honest about what they’re doing.

Barbra’s defense bring up sir Roger scream guilty,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007: