The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Kristatos »

Not Bond-related, but there is a Fleming and Cubby connection: https://www.bucksfreepress.co.uk/news/2 ... -9m-bucks/

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Mission: Impossible – Dead Reckoning Part One is now playing in theaters, but despite the movie's rave reviews, it hasn't had a very successful run at the box office. The movie is currently up on Rotten Tomatoes with an impressive 96% critics score and a 94% audience score, but it's just not matching the success of other July releases such as Barbie and Oppenheimer. However, the movie isn't exactly a flop and has just reached a box office milestone. According to Collider, the seventh Mission: Impossible film has now made $450 million worldwide. While $450 million after three weeks isn't exactly terrible, Mission: Impossible – Dead Reckoning Part One is the second-lowest-grossing movie in the franchise. The last installment, Mission: Impossible – Fallout, remains the highest-grossing movie in the franchise with a total of $791 million worldwide.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Apparently the third one was the lowest grossing, which surprises me a bit, because my memory is that the second one was highly divisive and the third one was seen at the time as something of a course correction.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Speaking exclusively with Express.co.uk to promote The London Action Film Festival, Campbell said: “To be honest, it was fine for me. He gets killed off, which is fine because when they do the next Bond, they’ll completely ignore the fact that he was killed off and Bond will keep going.

“It’s so simple. There’s no explanation required is there? Daniel Craig was Bond and now the next guy is alive. They’re not going to have a problem with that.”
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:Speaking exclusively with Express.co.uk to promote The London Action Film Festival, Campbell said: “To be honest, it was fine for me. He gets killed off, which is fine because when they do the next Bond, they’ll completely ignore the fact that he was killed off and Bond will keep going.

“It’s so simple. There’s no explanation required is there? Daniel Craig was Bond and now the next guy is alive. They’re not going to have a problem with that.”
It's amazing how many people don't seem to get this. I know internet opinion is not public opinion, but it's depressing to go to the official 007 account on Facebook or Twitter (I refuse to call it X) and see the comments threads filled with people who still think that Nomi is going to be the new 007, or that jAmEs BoNd Is a cOdEnAmE.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Fleming was a heavy smoker and drinker for most of his life and succumbed to heart disease in 1964 at the age of 56, this day, August 12th. If he lived, how many more books could have published by him for Bond novels? He never would have considered a FELICIA Leiter, as the woke Broccoli might be considering.
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

To that Idea I say: Bye Felicia. :mrgreen:
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 2:50 pm Fleming was a heavy smoker and drinker for most of his life and succumbed to heart disease in 1964 at the age of 56, this day, August 12th.
Blimey, I've just turned 56. Quite sobering to think that unless anything untoward happens to me in the next 2 months, I'll have outlived him as of October 12th.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

The initial reception of Heart of Stone was met with a mixed bag of reviews, with a Rotten Tomatoes score of 25%. However, the score has gradually climbed to 31% following the assessment of 90 reviews. This espionage-driven tale brings Gal Gadot into a role she actively pursued.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:The initial reception of Heart of Stone was met with a mixed bag of reviews, with a Rotten Tomatoes score of 25%. However, the score has gradually climbed to 31% following the assessment of 90 reviews. This espionage-driven tale brings Gal Gadot into a role she actively pursued.
Even Den Of Geek, which normally finds the positives in everything, gave it a 1-star review. They said it was a big disappointment given the talent involved.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

What the heck is going on with this website for 2 days? It does not recognize my user name nor password and makes me sign in with CAPTCHA? I have only been here for 16 years so I guess the system should recognize me. FIX IT!----------------When asked AGAIN about the possibility of joining other major franchises such as Bond, Taylor-Johnson vaguely explained: “As I’ve already told you, I have to go by the beat of my own drum. It’s my own path, what feels intuitive to me. I’ve never made a decision based on other people’s perspectives, or their judgments, or their expectations. You lose your f--king mind if you do that. Your sense of worth and soul is gone. You need to understand what is integral to you and what feels right, and you’ve got to stay on track with what’s present in front of you. Kraven is what’s in front of me.” When pressed about whether even the mere prospect of playing a character as iconic as 007 was “exciting to consider,” Taylor-Johnson insisted, “I just focus on the things I can have in my hands right now. What’s in front of me right now.” He called the Bond whispers “flattering,” but didn’t confirm or deny their validity. “You just want to stay in your lane, stay grounded, stay around the people that you love and love you back, and stay in that world,” Taylor-Johnson said. “Because the moment you start believing the sh-t people say about you, you’ve lost your f--king mind. You’ve lost it.” So, should it be assumed that Cavill is getting the role, as Esquire’s Alex Pappademas asked? “I mean, if you’re a betting man…” the actor simply replied.-------------this guy is as uncouth as the former slob was, so maybe that type of vulgarity turns on Broccoli and helps her to decide on the actor. His reasoning sounds over the top for describing his mindset for a movie role. LOSER! :down:
Last edited by bjmdds on Mon Aug 14, 2023 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I haven't had any problems logging in, but I do know that Bitdefender often slaps me with a warning about untrusted security certificates and asks me if I want to proceed. I also spend much of my time deleting comments from Russian (?) bots. I don't know if the two are connected. It seems to date back to that rapid unscheduled disassembly the site experienced a while back. I've not heard anything from Goldeneye, and I don't know who provides IT support for this site, if anyone.

That ATJ interview sounds like he's not really expecting to be cast, but doesn't want to talk himself out of a job.

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Further to my last post, do people here belong to any other Bond forums? It feels like we ought to have a contingency plan in case this site collapses completely.
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

Sometimes I have to enter a captcha. I think it is when I spell the password wrong. It is easy just to get one letter wrong.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:Sometimes I have to enter a captcha. I think it is when I spell the password wrong. It is easy just to get one letter wrong.
You don't have your password saved?

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Kristatos wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 4:00 pm Further to my last post, do people here belong to any other Bond forums? It feels like we ought to have a contingency plan in case this site collapses completely.
This can be the SAFE HOUSE should the IMF team here not be able to quickly fix any attacks or disruptions to this forum: https://alternative007.proboards.com/board/2/james-bond
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 3:22 pm That ATJ interview sounds like he's not really expecting to be cast, but doesn't want to talk himself out of a job.
I'm with Kris, just typical Hollywood PR speak. The only way I see him getting cast is if his mommy, er sorry, wife were to be brought in to collaborate with her good pal Babzy in order to give us a truly "innovative" and "modern" take on Bond with a totally ground up multi film arc penned by the maternal figure for her boy toy.
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:This can be the SAFE HOUSE should the IMF team here not be able to quickly fix any attacks or disruptions to this forum: https://alternative007.proboards.com/board/2/james-bond
I have an account there, but I haven't been there in years. It doesn't seem very active. Nevertheless, it will serve as an alternative if this site goes down - or, more positively, if Cavill or someone equally satisfactory gets cast and we decide that it's no longer needed.

kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

No issues here..I’d rather stay here than go someplace else. I’ve had screwups elsewhere and realized it was becauseI had the caps lock on.Oops.
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

I use the app. No issues .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007: