The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:04 pm Henry Cavill to star in Warhammer 40K adaptation for Amazon. Well, I suppose it's good news that he has a connection to Amazon, but I still don't think he's going to be Bond. He's a bona fide movie star at this point, and EON tends to either cast unknowns or people familiar from TV.
Very true Kris, Cubby did that for two reasons. They're cheaper so they wouldn't command say a full 1/10 of the total production budget and their egos aren't big enough to believe they are bigger than the character and insist on something ridiculous like perhaps killing off Bond at the end of their run. Now that both of those things have come to pass EON has no excuse not to bring in a real star if Amazon is willing to throw the money at them. Of course we know Babz wouldn't hire Cavill anyway because he's too perfect for the role.
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

dirtybenny wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 5:01 pm
Kristatos wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:04 pm Henry Cavill to star in Warhammer 40K adaptation for Amazon. Well, I suppose it's good news that he has a connection to Amazon, but I still don't think he's going to be Bond. He's a bona fide movie star at this point, and EON tends to either cast unknowns or people familiar from TV.
Very true Kris, Cubby did that for two reasons. They're cheaper so they wouldn't command say a full 1/10 of the total production budget and their egos aren't big enough to believe they are bigger than the character and insist on something ridiculous like perhaps killing off Bond at the end of their run. Now that both of those things have come to pass EON has no excuse not to bring in a real star if Amazon is willing to throw the money at them. Of course we know Babz wouldn't hire Cavill anyway because he's too perfect for the role.
You're not wrong, you know.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Article on Cavill that is, to my knowledge, the first to use the phrase we've been waiting over 15 years to hear, "former 007 star Daniel Craig":

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-ente ... 46679.html

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Jason
Lieutenant

Post by Jason »

dirtybenny wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 5:01 pm
#epic
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

during interviews, even when his Superman future seemed uncertain, the actor remained enthusiastic about his involvement – even when others, like former 007 star Craig, wore their weariness on their sleeve.
Craig was so "weary" of the role he did it for 15 years.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote: Craig was so "weary" of the role he did it for 15 years.
While constantly complaining about it.

bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Aaron Taylor-Johnson and Henry Cavill are tied as the bookies’ favourite to become the next James Bond. William Hill has both Taylor-Johnson and Cavill at 2-1 odds as Daniel Craig’s successor, which comes after the latter was dropped from the role of Superman........one defines sanity....the other choice is stark raving insanity!
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

“I could play Bond as a killer, but I couldn’t get the debonair down for the life of me,” he recalled. “The suit did not fit. I had no idea what I was doing.”

Worthington, who plays Jake Sully in Avatar and its sequel, compared Broccoli and Wilson to James Cameron, the brains behind the sci-fi franchise, saying: “They are so detailed and meticulous. They are protective and passionate about this series.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Cavill's ending as Superman:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I've just got the Christmas and New Year double issue or the Radio Times (the UK's oldest and best-selling TV and radio listings mag), and yes, NTTD gets its UK network TV premiere on New Year's Day. Apparently, the reason it's on so soon is that the TV rights were sold based on the date it was supposed to be released! Whilst I have no intention of watching the bloody thing, I'm glad the date has been brought forward. The network TV premiere marks the last milestone of the Craig era (at least in the UK, I don't know the situation in other countries). Whilst he's officially still Bond until the new guy is announced, this marks the point at which he can start to fade into the background a bit. I already noted above the first reference (that I know of) to him as a "former 007 actor".
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

Kristatos wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 6:09 pm I've just got the Christmas and New Year double issue or the Radio Times (the UK's oldest and best-selling TV and radio listings mag), and yes, NTTD gets its UK network TV premiere on New Year's Day. Apparently, the reason it's on so soon is that the TV rights were sold based on the date it was supposed to be released! Whilst I have no intention of watching the bloody thing, I'm glad the date has been brought forward. The network TV premiere marks the last milestone of the Craig era (at least in the UK, I don't know the situation in other countries). Whilst he's officially still Bond until the new guy is announced, this marks the point at which he can start to fade into the background a bit. I already noted above the first reference (that I know of) to him as a "former 007 actor".
What rating did it get in the Radio Times reviews?
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 10:42 pm What rating did it get in the Radio Times reviews?
4 stars (out of 5) :roll:

The addition of commercial breaks brings its already bloated running time up to 3 hours and 5 minutes. To quote a sketch from The Secret Policeman's Other Ball, "Jesus Christ! You could have been in Leeds in that time!"
acid
Commander
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, From Russia with Love, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, Octopussy, For Your Eyes Only, A View To a Kill, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye

Post by acid »

Merry Christmas classic Bond fans! 8) :Xmas: :cheers:
"Wonderful for poison pen letters..."
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

acid wrote:Merry Christmas classic Bond fans! 8) :Xmas: :cheers:
Merry Christmas.

carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

Merry Christmas. :Xmas:

When was the last Bond film on ITV on Christmas Day afternoon? Was it Tomorrow Never Dies in 2003?

https://ukchristmastv.weebly.com/itv-2003.html
Bring back Bond!
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Merry Christmas to all of you as well! :cheers: :Xmas:
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

May all here be blessed for the upcoming year as well!
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Brad Pitt's Babylon and the Whitney Houston biopic tanked horribly and it looks like the Avatar sequel won't earn back its ridiculous cost at this rate.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Did she really Die Another Day and come back looking like this? Image
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Happy New Year gang! The best wishes to us all! Do you believe Cr-egg's reign as Bond will finally come to a close in 2023 with the 7th 007 named.....OR....will Broccoli extend it into 2024? :!: Image