The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Kristatos »

That makes a lot more sense. Stupid autocorrect.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Would anyone like to buy a ticket to this next week in New Jersey? I cannot believe the accolades this dull bee gets from the film industry! https://montclairfilm.org/events/the-mo ... n-colbert/

Today, Montclair Film, New Jersey’s leading film non-profit, announced that The Montclair Film Festival will present its 2022 Tribute to Daniel Craig, star of the highly anticipated GLASS ONION: A KNIVES OUT MYSTERY with Stephen Colbert hosting Mr. Craig on stage at the New Jersey Performing Arts Center (NJPAC) in downtown Newark, NJ on Friday, October 28, 2022 at 8:00 PM. The pair will sit down for an unforgettable evening of conversation celebrating Mr. Craig’s extraordinary career as one of the cinema’s "most distinguished actors". :hair: :o
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I think we should all buy tickets and not go, thus ensuring plenty of empty seats at the venue.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Next weekend it is CHILLER time in New Jersey as well. It would be nice to see Christie Brinkley walking around at the Saturday night party in the hotel lobby. http://www.chillertheatre.com/gt/gtc4.htm
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Pierce Brosnan never rewatches his James Bond films: “I don’t look. I see the movie at the premiere, and that’s it. I move on,” Brosnan shares. “I’ve never watched James Bond movies with my sons, much to their chagrin. Maybe one day I will. But I don’t particularly enjoy looking at the work. It’s done. It’s over. It’s on to the next one.”
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:Pierce Brosnan never rewatches his James Bond films: “I don’t look. I see the movie at the premiere, and that’s it. I move on,” Brosnan shares. “I’ve never watched James Bond movies with my sons, much to their chagrin. Maybe one day I will. But I don’t particularly enjoy looking at the work. It’s done. It’s over. It’s on to the next one.”
I'm not surprised. I imagine his firing and replacement by a trained chimp must still be a painful memory for him.

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

Kristatos wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 7:52 am
bjmdds wrote:Pierce Brosnan never rewatches his James Bond films: “I don’t look. I see the movie at the premiere, and that’s it. I move on,” Brosnan shares. “I’ve never watched James Bond movies with my sons, much to their chagrin. Maybe one day I will. But I don’t particularly enjoy looking at the work. It’s done. It’s over. It’s on to the next one.”
I'm not surprised. I imagine his firing and replacement by a trained chimp must still be a painful memory for him.

This is an old quote isn't it? I bet he has watched some of them when they are on tv.
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

bjmdds wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 2:59 pm

Today, Montclair Film, New Jersey’s leading film non-profit, announced that The Montclair Film Festival will present its 2022 Tribute to Daniel Craig, star of the highly anticipated GLASS ONION: A KNIVES OUT MYSTERY with Stephen Colbert hosting Mr. Craig on stage at the New Jersey Performing Arts Center (NJPAC) in downtown Newark, NJ on Friday, October 28, 2022 at 8:00 PM. The pair will sit down for an unforgettable evening of conversation celebrating Mr. Craig’s extraordinary career as one of the cinema’s "most distinguished actors". :hair: :o
:D :D
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Ralph Fiennes about NTTD: "I thought it was a bold and strong decision. You know, they might reboot everything, and they might want a woman back as M. Every single film after I took over from Judi Dench, she upstaged me. They always had her voice, a recording, or a portrait. I’m like, ‘Look, can I be M, Judi?’ https://www.cinemablend.com/movies/no-t ... killed-off
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

bjmdds wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 7:41 pm Ralph Fiennes about NTTD: "I thought it was a bold and strong decision. You know, they might reboot everything, and they might want a woman back as M. Every single film after I took over from Judi Dench, she upstaged me. They always had her voice, a recording, or a portrait. I’m like, ‘Look, can I be M, Judi?’ https://www.cinemablend.com/movies/no-t ... killed-off
Upstaging Fiennes' M, so easy a corpse could do it.
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

'An unknown actor in their mid-to-late 30s is who Broccoli and Wilson should set their sights on with the sharp targeting of Bond’s gun barrel opening shot. An established star like Hardy, Cavill, or even Elba would be wrong as Bond as they are both too old and too famous for a true rebirth of the character after Cr-ggg’s climactic swansong. A real reboot should go back to basics with a fresh face and vision. The curiosity surrounding a newbie would be huge, igniting yet another resurgence in popularity in the long-running, incredibly profitable franchise.' https://movieweb.com/why-james-bond-sho ... own-actor/ -----go back to basics? That has been our mantra here for 17 years :!: But, in this day and era, define BASICS.
dirtybenny
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

bjmdds wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:37 pm 'An unknown actor in their mid-to-late 30s is who Broccoli and Wilson should set their sights on with the sharp targeting of Bond’s gun barrel opening shot. An established star like Hardy, Cavill, or even Elba would be wrong as Bond as they are both too old and too famous for a true rebirth of the character after Cr-ggg’s climactic swansong. A real reboot should go back to basics with a fresh face and vision. The curiosity surrounding a newbie would be huge, igniting yet another resurgence in popularity in the long-running, incredibly profitable franchise.' https://movieweb.com/why-james-bond-sho ... own-actor/ -----go back to basics? That has been our mantra here for 17 years :!: But, in this day and era, define BASICS.
This is what I was saying after SP, when they were hemming and hawing over Craig's return, ditch the crusty old man and start fresh. Something I disagree with the author on is Cavill being too old, we all know he won't get the role despite practically being made in a laboratory for the part. Yes he is "too famous" but I think at this point considering the damage done to the series with "Captain Pretentious'' death of the character EON need to remember what Elliot Carver forgot in TND and "give the people what they want."
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Image Difficult choice DB...................When asked about the current Bond– the producers of which are looking for someone in their ’30s, Cavill quipped, “They’re running out of time,” noting that he’s now 39 years old. The actor also suggested it’s no longer his aspiration to play the spy. “Yeah, I’m quite busy now,” he said with a laugh. “I love those guys [the Broccolis,], they are wonderful, I have very fond memories, and it was a really fun time, and so, whether I’m considered for the role or not, I don’t know, but, it’d be fun to have the conversation, for sure. If not, I’d love to see what they do with it ’cause they’re amazing.”
dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

Sounds like Cavill is over it and I can't say I blame him. Bond is going nowhere fast, not to mention it's no secret he's too famous for the role and doesn't stand a snowball's chance in hell of getting the role despite being perfect for it. I'm sure that's why he agreed to return as Superman this avenue has been closed to him.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Nothing has been done in 2022 about the future of Bond. Broccoli is waiting for her Oscar for Till and then she will really believe she is the true English Queen!
Produced by:
Keith Beauchamp
Barbara Broccoli
Whoopi Goldberg
Thomas Levine
Michael Reilly
Frederick Zollo
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

Cavill is set to star in the upcoming Guy Ritchie movie called The Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare. A WWII spy action flick. Sounds promising so far.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

How long does it take to figure out where to go with the franchise? What does waiting accomplish except to extend Cr-egg's tenure with no replacement?
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:How long does it take to figure out where to go with the franchise? What does waiting accomplish except to extend Cr-egg's tenure with no replacement?
Well, that's it, isn't it? As long as no replacement is chosen, then Lady Broccoli's Lover is still officially Bond.

dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

I almost wonder if EON isn't weighing the possibility of moving forward with a 007 Nomi series?
Irony-Man2
Lieutenant

Post by Irony-Man2 »

dirtybenny wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 6:59 pm I almost wonder if EON isn't weighing the possibility of moving forward with a 007 Nomi series?
Good god I hope not! Of all the rumoured spin-offs from Bond over the years this would be the worse. Lynch’s Nomi had no redeeming qualities as a character at all. She was a boring and one-not character brought in only to be an antagonist for Bond. A film built around Wai Lin especially or even Jinx would be infinitely more interesting.