The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by bjmdds »

Samantha Bee’s “Full Frontal” is getting a kick in the rear from Warner Bros. Discovery. The show, which became a signature program for the large cable network TBS, “will not return to the network in the fall,” according to a statement from Bee’s representatives.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Check out this Cavill as Bond trailer: .......and Broccoli needs 2 years to think about it? Between Cavill and Turner, why waste time with Cr-egg overindulgence in her sick mind?
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:08 pm Check out this Cavill as Bond trailer: .......and Broccoli needs 2 years to think about it? Between Cavill and Turner, why waste time with Cr-egg overindulgence in her sick mind?
You're preaching to the choir here, I fear. We all know that either Cavill or Turner would make an excellent Bond. But I don't think it's just the casting that's giving her headaches, it's that having killed off Bond, she doesn't know where to go next. Personally, if it was down to me, I'd just make the next film a soft reboot like Goldeneye or The Living Daylights, with no mention of the previous five films, and all the recurring roles recast. But the problem is that some of the casual viewers might be confused by this. I'm already seeing comments on social media that there aren't going to be any more Bond films because Bond is dead!
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Did the queen "B" deliberately end NTTD that way with the idea that maybe she would leave the franchise in a state of chaos so no other film would be made? Perhaps she would feel poorly if the next Bond actor outdid her creation and she could never accept that :!:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:32 pm Did the queen "B" deliberately end NTTD that way with the idea that maybe she would leave the franchise in a state of chaos so no other film would be made? Perhaps she would feel poorly if the next Bond actor outdid her creation and she could never accept that :!:
The thing is, the next Bond actor will be her creation as well. That's why I don't hold out too much hope for Cavill or Turner.

On an unrelated note, has anyone else had problems logging into this forum on Tapatalk? I can get into the browser-based version just fine, hence being able to type this post, but Tapatalk has locked me out.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Image Cr-egg's new commercial look for Belvedere vodka. Image Image
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I actually saw an article on my browser's home page from GQ magazine saying something like "Daniel Craig is still rocking the James Bond look", and the accompanying photo showed him looking like that (it may have been one of those photos, I'm not sure, and I don't feel particularly inclined to check). I fear that a compliant press is now pushing the idea that this constitutes "the James Bond look". Craig has killed Bond in more ways than one.
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:39 pm I actually saw an article on my browser's home page from GQ magazine saying something like "Daniel Craig is still rocking the James Bond look", and the accompanying photo showed him looking like that (it may have been one of those photos, I'm not sure, and I don't feel particularly inclined to check). I fear that a compliant press is now pushing the idea that this constitutes "the James Bond look". Craig has killed Bond in more ways than one.
To which look were they referring Kris? The "Imo Freddie Mercury" or the "guest villain on Miami Vice?"
Unfortunately as you say the brand has been so diluted for so long this is Bond now.
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

dirtybenny wrote: To which look were they referring Kris? The "Imo Freddie Mercury" or the "guest villain on Miami Vice?"
Unfortunately as you say the brand has been so diluted for so long this is Bond now.
I've no desire to go looking for it again, but as I recall, it was just a t-shirt, leather jacket and shades. He could have been any dad watching his kid play football at the park.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

:lol:
Bring back Bond!
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Hollywood eating its own now: James Franco has reportedly been cast as Cuban revolutionary Fidel Castro, and many Latino actors aren't happy. Most notably, the prolific John Leguizamo, who recently voiced Bruno in Disney's "Encanto," blasted Franco's casting on Instagram. Leguizamo argued that the role should have gone to a Latino actor instead. "How is this still going on?" Leguizamo asked on Friday. "How is Hollywood excluding us but stealing our narratives as well? No more appropriation Hollywood and streamers! Boycott! This F'd up! Plus seriously difficult story to tell without aggrandizement, which would (be) wrong! I don't got a (problem) with Franco but he ain't Latino!"
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

RIP Olivia Newton-John: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainmen ... ampaign=64

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Kleeman remembers a meeting in Calley’s office to decide who would be the next James Bond. “We were debating it passionately,” he says. “Cubby, in my memory – which I think is correct – had a walking stick. At one point he thumped the floor with it. Everybody turned. He said, ‘Let’s go with Pierce.’”

The Broccolis informed Dalton of the bad news, and Dalton graciously stepped down. Pierce Brosnan remembered getting the phone call from his agent, informing him that he was James Bond – but not to tell anyone. Brosnan agreed while mouthing to his wife, “I’m f–––––g James Bond!” https://www.telegraph.co.uk/films/0/how ... ieve-bond/
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

This jumped out at me:
To Bond, M is an accountant and bean counter; while Bond, says M, is a “sexist, misogynist dinosaur” (a line inspired by similar comments that Barbara Broccoli made about Bond).
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

carl stromberg wrote:Image

:lol:
Craig. For the disgraced youth pastor look.

My impression of the “James bond look” clothing line photos was, one not anything anyone would associate with bond before Craig lowered the bar to bad boy yardy from “Snatch” 22 years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

bjmdds wrote:Kleeman remembers a meeting in Calley’s office to decide who would be the next James Bond. “We were debating it passionately,” he says. “Cubby, in my memory – which I think is correct – had a walking stick. At one point he thumped the floor with it. Everybody turned. He said, ‘Let’s go with Pierce.’”

The Broccolis informed Dalton of the bad news, and Dalton graciously stepped down. Pierce Brosnan remembered getting the phone call from his agent, informing him that he was James Bond – but not to tell anyone. Brosnan agreed while mouthing to his wife, “I’m f–––––g James Bond!” https://www.telegraph.co.uk/films/0/how ... ieve-bond/
This is probably only important because the story has always been Dalton declined to return. That and they sued a tabloid and won for publishing Dalton was out as bond. Which from other accounts was probably true from the investors pov.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

U.K. entertainment reporter Ross King reported on Lorraine, a weekday morning lifestyle and entertainment show, that Bond producers Barbara Broccoli and Michael G. Wilson are looking at actors in their 30s. King explained, “The latest rumor—and in some ways part of this is very much true—which is, basically, the Bond producers are looking for a younger Bond. Someone probably in their 30s.”---------Cavill and Turner are both 39 now. She will wait 2 more years to decide?
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

bjmdds wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:31 pm U.K. entertainment reporter Ross King reported on Lorraine, a weekday morning lifestyle and entertainment show, that Bond producers Barbara Broccoli and Michael G. Wilson are looking at actors in their 30s. King explained, “The latest rumor—and in some ways part of this is very much true—which is, basically, the Bond producers are looking for a younger Bond. Someone probably in their 30s.”---------Cavill and Turner are both 39 now. She will wait 2 more years to decide?
Get used to the idea of Rege Jean Page as Bond BJ.
Omega wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:32 am
bjmdds wrote:Kleeman remembers a meeting in Calley’s office to decide who would be the next James Bond. “We were debating it passionately,” he says. “Cubby, in my memory – which I think is correct – had a walking stick. At one point he thumped the floor with it. Everybody turned. He said, ‘Let’s go with Pierce.’”

This is probably only important because the story has always been Dalton declined to return. That and they sued a tabloid and won for publishing Dalton was out as bond. Which from other accounts was probably true from the investors pov.
It's funny, as I've heard from some that MGM wanted Broz while Eon wanted Dalton to stick around.
Kristatos wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:04 pm This jumped out at me:
To Bond, M is an accountant and bean counter; while Bond, says M, is a “sexist, misogynist dinosaur” (a line inspired by similar comments that Barbara Broccoli made about Bond).
Makes sense of the last 20 odd years old boy!
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Image I think not DB, BUT if the queen "B" goes that route, they will have lost the Sweeney and the traditional Bond fans. The "woke" generation does not go to films in theaters, so if that becomes her target audience to defile Fleming's history, good luck to her.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:31 pm U.K. entertainment reporter Ross King reported on Lorraine, a weekday morning lifestyle and entertainment show, that Bond producers Barbara Broccoli and Michael G. Wilson are looking at actors in their 30s. King explained, “The latest rumor—and in some ways part of this is very much true—which is, basically, the Bond producers are looking for a younger Bond. Someone probably in their 30s.”---------Cavill and Turner are both 39 now. She will wait 2 more years to decide?
Well, if she's only capable of getting a Bond film out every five years or so, it makes sense to go for someone who will be around 50 when his 3-film contract expires.