The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

kater23 wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 6:03 pm Not Bond related but Dennis Waterman, too.
RIP Dennis star of The Sweeney and Minder.

and Scars of Dracula.

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Danny Boyle talks a bit about his version of NTTD in this interview. He reveals that the kid comes from John Hodge's rejected script, which rather disabuses me of the notion that his film would have been any better:

https://lm.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3 ... eSUjA6g-Lw

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
James
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: On Her Majesty's Secret Service
Favorite Movies: George A Romero's Dawn Of The Dead
Silent Running
Harold and Maude

Post by James »

The fella above on YouTube (who I've never heard of) claims he got a tip from someone who works for Amazon and that Aiden Turner and Henry Cavill are the top two choices, Nolan will direct, and Amazon want the next film out in 2024 at the latest. Sounds like wishful thinking to me. They'll be lucky if they even have a script by 2024 and I doubt very much that Barbara would just pick someone obvious and appropriate as easy as that.
"I can't do that superhero stuff" Daniel Craig
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Lots of randoms on YouTube posting all sorts of nonsense. I give them about as much credence as that bloke down the pub who swears he knows someone who works on the Bond films.

bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Announcement in October?........Aidan Turner as Bond who everyone would love?..............Nolan directing?.........where has it been discussed before?.......oh wait.......RIGHT HERE for years!
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Ah yes some rando with 600 subs got the biggest scoop in Hollywood! I'd rather trust the bookies! I do believe Amazon wants to crap out another film sooner rather than later, gotta actualize the capital on that content purchase ya'll! But to think they are pushing for a traditional Bond actor like Turner or Cavill? Judging by their track record, if anyone wanted to "subvert expectations" in casting it would be Amazon! Babz started laying the ground work for an unconventional casting 3 years ago when she said, "Bond can be any race, but he is a man." Quite frankly I'd be shocked if they cast anyone other than an actor of color at this point.

Everything the guy says is just fan boy box ticking, Cavill, check. Nolan, check. Quick turn around, check. We'll be lucky to get a casting confirmation by 2024, remember it took 3 years to go from Bosnan to Craig and Babz had her heart set on ol' big ears from the jump!

James you are wrong about one thing, not having a script won't prevent going into production, it hasn't the last 4 films.
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

In some way Craig screwing up bond might make Amazon feel they have to reestablish bond then do their edgy take on it later

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 3:08 pm Announcement in October?........Aidan Turner as Bond who everyone would love?..............Nolan directing?.........where has it been discussed before?.......oh wait.......RIGHT HERE for years!
Except that we say that these are things that we'd like to see happen, rather than claiming insider information that they're actually happening.
dirtybenny wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 3:13 pm Ah yes some rando with 600 subs got the biggest scoop in Hollywood! I'd rather trust the bookies! I do believe Amazon wants to crap out another film sooner rather than later, gotta actualize the capital on that content purchase ya'll! But to think they are pushing for a traditional Bond actor like Turner or Cavill? Judging by their track record, if anyone wanted to "subvert expectations" in casting it would be Amazon!
I don't know if that's true or not, but it's irrelevant, since MGM has no say in the casting of Bond. That's all Babbzy, unfortunately.
dirtybenny
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 4:26 pm
dirtybenny wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 3:13 pm Ah yes some rando with 600 subs got the biggest scoop in Hollywood! I'd rather trust the bookies! I do believe Amazon wants to crap out another film sooner rather than later, gotta actualize the capital on that content purchase ya'll! But to think they are pushing for a traditional Bond actor like Turner or Cavill? Judging by their track record, if anyone wanted to "subvert expectations" in casting it would be Amazon!
I don't know if that's true or not, but it's irrelevant, since MGM has no say in the casting of Bond. That's all Babbzy, unfortunately.
Absolutely true Kris Babz has all the say, I'm sure Amazon will have some suggestions, Babz may not have to consider them, but if they align with her own ideas it would just reinforce them.
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

Announcement in October? As Barbara said casting the new Bond will take "some time"... Yeah, we are not getting anything this year. Perhaps not even the next one.
Unfortunately, I don't see her coming back on track with a traditional Bond either. She's all about "subverting expectations" now anyhow. Although funnily enough, to people here it will be more of a surprise if she indeed does end up going with Cavill or someone like him. I know she won't. But sometimes I like to imagine she will.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

FYI:Image

dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 9:02 am FYI:Image

How refreshing a Bond creative who understands the character!

On a side note what 6 year old wrote that tweet the grammar and syntax are atrocious, I had to read it 3 times to understand what was being said.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Today is triskaidekaphobia day-----------TOP GUN: MAVERICK FIRST REVIEWS: THE MOST THRILLING BLOCKBUSTER WE'VE GOTTEN IN YEARS:
CRITICS SAY THE LONG-AWAITED SEQUEL IS A MUST-SEE ON THE BIG SCREEN AND NOT ONLY POTENTIALLY BETTER THAN THE ORIGINAL, BUT ALSO ONE OF THE BEST TOM CRUISE MOVIES EVER........96% on RT.
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

I live close to where the “Top Gun” house is..need ti go and take a picture of it..it’s a local landmark!
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Gag-Gag sings Top Gun:Maverick:
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

dirtybenny wrote:
Kristatos wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 9:02 am FYI:Image

How refreshing a Bond creative who understands the character!

On a side note what 6 year old wrote that tweet the grammar and syntax are atrocious, I had to read it 3 times to understand what was being said.
He had his own troubles with the bond legacy holders, he wanted to write the young bond series and was snubbed so created the Alex rider series. Which I read a book or two of and wasn’t bad, had potential, the movie version was bad. Don’t know if they ever tried it again.

Kind of like Percy Jackson series, incredible fun reads but the movies suck.
Narnia series the first movie was great, second a let down third might have been ok can’t remember but never captured the magic the first had.
Kind of why cubby was proud of coming up with his formula, basically if followed they couldn’t screw up bond, even a bad entry preserved the essence of what made the franchise special.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Happy 90th birthday to John Glen: https://www.aol.co.uk/entertainment/joh ... 51386.html

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Funkichicken is "the worst human being I have ever met in my life." And this comes from MI6!

https://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/article ... ccusations

dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 4:09 pm Funkichicken is "the worst human being I have ever met in my life." And this comes from MI6!

https://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/article ... ccusations

Wow, who'da thought the "soft boy," "male feminist" was a dirt bag?! Using his "allyship" to disarm unsuspecting young women. The man who called Bond a rapist because a woman flirted with him in 1965 was trying to instigate an incestuous menage-a-trois in 2021! Apparently he tried to use an advanced screening of NTTD as a ploy to lure women to his apartment! I don't know what's worse, going up to Funky's place to "see his etchings" and seeing that train wreck of a film or the inevitable molestation after?

Typical Hollywood, knowing full well what an ass this guy is but standing mute until someone else speaks up, then dogpiling on now that it's "safe" to do so. Kudos to EON for stating their enthusiasm to continue a relationship with him before the allegations started flying, despite knowing full well what was going on and don't tell me they didn't as it's alleged he was bringing these gals to the set!

If I can only find the time, this deserves a rant!
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Broccoli only deals with quality entities like Cr-egg and Fukunaga--------The first Indiana Jones film was just on. There is a plot mistake in the film and everyone can easily notice it. The staff of Ra is said to be ~72-inches tall -1 kadam to bring it down to ~60 inches. Since the staff of Ra is taller than Indiana Jones we can conclude Indiana Jones is less than 5ft tall.......huge mistake and how did Spielberg not see this with his writers? Image