The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

Is this true? :lol:
Next James Bond: Idris Elba wanted as 007 by Will Smith director keen to helm reboot

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainment ... 6bf9d07791

Now Will Smith's King Richard director Reinaldo Marcus Green has shared he's interested in rebooting the Bond franchise, admitting that Elba would be his pick to do it with.

The Hollywood Reporter asked him: "You've been quoted as saying that one of the people whose careers you've wanted to emulate is [No Time To Die director] Cary Fukunaga. So far, so good: You've been a Sundance breakout, made a major feature film, now a prestige HBO show. Are you eager to direct a Bond movie?"

Green replied: "Yeah, if it has somebody that looks like me in front of it, I'm definitely open to it. I want to go into that direction and I want to be able to add value to a new Bond. I grew up watching popcorn movies, so if I could add a little something to it, that would be cool. Let's see if Idris wants to do it. I think Dave and George could call Idris and see what we could do."
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I want to write the next Bond film and have Aidan Turner as Bond. I want doesn't get, as my mum always used to say.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

Or as Mick Jagger says:"You can't always get what you want." :lol:
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Interesting goings on with Disney . My guess is they(disney) might be hit with a huge tax bill. I know they are trying to spin the local resident might get stuck with the bill, I don’t believe it because of how Disney operates, and how local government operate. And this is in such lock step it’s probably disney spin machine trying to bully their way to victory again.

Disney has some really bad for the state citizens deals in California and Florida, really bad deals where 200 billion dollar company steamrolls over local laws and zoning. Get Multimillion dollar parking complexes built then pay a rent of $1 dollar. I think if people knew how Disney treated small businesses and their employees, not to forget theater owners, they’d have a different view of the Disney company.

Now for Florida my guess again is Disney will suddenly be taxed at much higher rates. Which will help the local communities. Bernie Sanders ought to be happy.
But as much a Disney will complain They have less favorable terms for Disney in other places like China, Japan, Europe, where ironically Disney helps the oppression of people deemed undesirable by their government. Hollywood caters movies to Chinese sensors, including Babs. They rewrote scenes from the last few bond movies to suit Chinese censors desires.

Disney should continue to exploit peoples childhoods memories and stay out of politics.
Florida might want to calm down a little although I think the end result of striping special status away from Disney is good. Like it would be for any other billion dollar company.

I’m not anti Disney, but they control so much of the media content it’s rare to get negative information about them on the news.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I suspect Disney will find a way to pass those costs onto the residents of those two counties. Giant corporations like that have ways of getting out of paying taxes.
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Disney's goal has been uncovered and "OUTED" for their insidious actions......."out of their own mouths comes thy judgement":
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

RIP Rising Damp creator Eric Chappell:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-lin ... e-61207651

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:I suspect Disney will find a way to pass those costs onto the residents of those two counties. Giant corporations like that have ways of getting out of paying taxes.
I don’t think the cost will be passed off as such, anymore than usual. To be blunt imo the talk of locals taking of the bond debt Disney wrote/issued themselves on very favorable terms I don’t think will change. Usually those kinds of bonds are so well written out to avoid default, Disney is probably locked in to paying them no matter what. I could be wrong but my gut feeling is the first wave of news is fear mongering by Disney. These changes are over a year away and could be reinstated by the next legislator.

What I think will be greater concern for Disney is they way they are taxed.
The counties will be tripping over themes selves to incorporate the Disney land into their county/city.
Disney will be paying permitting fees and submitting plans to local governments. And a ton of other considerations they never thought about.

Believe me Disney has never been treated like your average small business has, anybody who’s tried to build a new house or business building know how crazy it is dealing with local governments and never ending delays and new hoops to jump through, each one with a new permitting fee attached to it. People talk about the quota systems cops had/have for writing tickets basically they a finding funding every ticket written, well on the business side of it the government doesn’t even bother to pretend it’s for our own good.

But Walmarts have more regulation and pay more in in taxes and fees to local governments than Disney has had two. I wish I could find the story from a few years ago about the crazy deals that city in California gives Disney. Google doesn’t think is was worth cataloguing, bottom line is the way Disney throws its weight around would be bad for business if known.

The funnies part of all of this is Disney had paid who knows how many millions to bribe these politicians in Florida to have them turn on them like this has got to be a shock.

If Florida gets more revenue out of Disney in taxes, California will be watching that closely and possibly imitate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro my
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Ben Whishaw, the actor best known for his portrayal of James Bond’s technical wizard Q, has split from his husband of ten years, The Mail on Sunday can reveal. Hectic travel and work schedules are understood to have led to the 41-year-old star quietly separating from Mark Bradshaw. While both are now thought to be dating other people, friends say the split is amicable and they continue to live together :shock: at their home in Hackney, East London.---I guess the role of Q took up too much time. AWWWWWWWWW.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

The Fantastic Beasts flick dropped here to #3 already with only $14 million in sales.
The Sweeney
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, GF, LTK, CR, FRWL
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Post by The Sweeney »

Morning all, been a while.

Just popped in to tell you all the good news. I'm officially on board now as a CraignotBond-er. After the travesty of NTTD, it summed up everything wrong with the Craig era in one movie, and has made me despise his tenure in the role now.

I still like CR as a movie, but I think this works in spite of Craig, not because of him, and I only like it because the soundtrack sounds like Barry, and the script relies heavily on the novel.

Stick another actor in the role who looked more like Fleming's description, and it would have been a far better film. It's also the only film where Craig didn't have much input in the script. After that, I think his input, plus Bab's willingness to give him a free reign at any cost, ruined his tenure.

I dread to think where the franchise is heading next...
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Jumpin jehoshaphat, it is the Sweeney returning! How have you been? You are proof that we were correct in our assessments all along! You despise Mr. Porcupine now? :!: Aidan Turner or bust now Sweeney. What say yee? Image
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Good to see you Sweeney!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
The Sweeney
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Post by The Sweeney »

bjmdds wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:38 pm Jumpin jehoshaphat, it is the Sweeney returning! How have you been? You are proof that we were correct in our assessments all along! Aidan Turner or bust now Sweeney. What say yee? Image
Yeah I'd be happy with that. Basically any actor who is white, handsome and dark haired, in the Connery/Laz/Dalton/Brozza mould.

But I bet knowing how woke EON has become, they'll go for some strange, controversial choice. I just hope Amazon can override Babs's decisions, because she shouldn't be allowed near the franchise anymore.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Welcome back Sweeney. Agreed on all counts, except that I was never a fan of the reboot/Bond Begins aspect of CR. I think that if it had been Pierce's swansong, instead of another actor's debut, it would have stretched him as an actor in the way that his previous films didn't, and probably spared us the soap opera nonsense over the next four films.

Edit: as I've said before, Amazon are not going to be the saviours of the franchise. MGM will have exactly the same amount of creative control as they did previously, ie not much.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Liam Neeson revealed something: He almost, but not really, could have played James Bond. He recalled the period before Pierce Brosnan got the job of breathing new life into a dormant screen character. Neeson claimed to be one of the actors they were vaguely considering. (“They sent out feelers.”) He was never offered the role but even if he had been, he would have had to turn it down.

“I remember my dear, departed wife [Natasha Richardson, who died in 2009] said to me — we were shooting a film in North Carolina called Nell — and she looked at me straight in the face and she said, ‘Liam, if you’re offered this and if you do it, you know we can’t get married,’” he recalled. “And that was it.
The Sweeney

Post by The Sweeney »

Kristatos wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:48 pm Welcome back Sweeney. Agreed on all counts, except that I was never a fan of the reboot/Bond Begins aspect of CR. I think that if it had been Pierce's swansong, instead of another actor's debut, it would have stretched him as an actor in the way that his previous films didn't, and probably spared us the soap opera nonsense over the next four films.

Edit: as I've said before, Amazon are not going to be the saviours of the franchise. MGM will have exactly the same amount of creative control as they did previously, ie not much.

The reboot was unnecessary, having Craig at the beginning of his career, and then by SF just 2 films later he was past it. So stupid.

Now EON have boxed themselves into a corner again with the ending of NTTD, and are having to do another reboot because of it.
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

*high fives Sweeney*

Daaaang..the news about Elon Musk buying Twitter has everyone there looking for an alternative.Problem is some of the alternatives aren’t that great either(I signed up for Counter Social which is similar but they’re having issues because of the influx of people.
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

The Sweeney wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:30 pm Morning all, been a while.

Just popped in to tell you all the good news. I'm officially on board now as a CraignotBond-er. After the travesty of NTTD, it summed up everything wrong with the Craig era in one movie, and has made me despise his tenure in the role now.

I still like CR as a movie, but I think this works in spite of Craig, not because of him, and I only like it because the soundtrack sounds like Barry, and the script relies heavily on the novel.

Stick another actor in the role who looked more like Fleming's description, and it would have been a far better film. It's also the only film where Craig didn't have much input in the script. After that, I think his input, plus Bab's willingness to give him a free reign at any cost, ruined his tenure.

I dread to think where the franchise is heading next...

I agree 100% Glad to see you take the final step old boy!

Kristatos wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:48 pm
Yes sir Kris, I'd also add if Amazon does finagle any power over the franchise it isn't going to save it, but flush it further down the loo! Bezos and Co. are so far left they make Babbzy look like Donald Trump by comparison!
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Something has to be released soon as to when the search for the 7th 007 has officially begun and when the world will be told who that person is. Cr-egg is gone, and basically forgotten, as yesterday's news. Time is passing and this is the 60th anniversary of Dr. No, which was released in the UK "October 5th". Broccoli won't waste that fact and will most likely use it to stir up interest. Is she actually waiting until Cr-egg's run on Broadway is over to announce her intentions, so as not to take away any appeal to go see the bum on stage live in NYC? Is she that demented? NTTD seems a century ago, so expect some kind of news soon, or, will October 5th be the date?