The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 8:17 pm
bjmdds wrote: Cr-egg pushing a stroller here in NYC. It would be interesting if I ever happened to be in the same place as him.
What would you do? Personally, I think I'd just avoid him.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
I would run up to him, tell him how magnificent he is, that he is da bestust Bond EVA!!!!!!!!! Then buy him a martini, since he's stated how much he hates that.
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

I would be the ONLY person who recognized him here most likely.
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

Kristatos wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 8:17 pm
bjmdds wrote: Cr-egg pushing a stroller here in NYC. It would be interesting if I ever happened to be in the same place as him.
What would you do? Personally, I think I'd just avoid him.

He does have a hair trigger temper..Satskui was always able to calm him down..not sure how Rachel deals with it.
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

dirtybenny wrote: I would run up to him, tell him how magnificent he is, that he is da bestust Bond EVA!!!!!!!!! Then buy him a martini, since he's stated how much he hates that.
I hope you have metal teeth like Jaws.

"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

The Baftas are set to celebrate the world of James Bond tonight, but Cr-egg won’t actually be there to see it. Daniel Cr-egg will give the awards show a miss as he is preparing for a stint on Broadway later this month, sources said. As a result, producers Barbara Broccoli and Michael G Wilson will be left to represent the franchise without their hero. The Bafta ceremony in London will open with a performance by Goldfinger singer Dame Shirley Bassey, 85, celebrating 60 years of Britain’s most successful film franchise.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:The Baftas are set to celebrate the world of James Bond tomorrow night, but Cr-egg won’t actually be there to see it. Daniel Cr-egg will give the awards show a miss as he is preparing for a stint on Broadway later this month, sources said. The Bafta ceremony in London will open with a performance by Goldfinger singer Dame Shirley Bassey, 85, celebrating 60 years of Britain’s most successful film franchise.
Be brilliant if they got Pierce to fill in, and sat him at the same table as Babbzy.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Billieeilish and Finneas' “No Time To Die” has won 'Outstanding Song Drama/Documentary' at the ‘Society Of Composers and Lyricists'. How are these two winning ANY awards with this dirge? Look at how low the talent has sunk to in Hollywood to be able to win an award! Shirley Bassey opening the BAFTA's will show them what a real song should sound like!
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 4:49 pm Billieeilish and Finneas' “No Time To Die” has won 'Outstanding Song Drama/Documentary' at the ‘Society Of Composers and Lyricists'. How are these two winning ANY awards with this dirge? Look at how low the talent has sunk to in Hollywood to be able to win an award! Shirley Bassey opening the BAFTA's will show them what a real song should sound like!
I don't really understand it myself. Commercially I do, Eilish is one of the biggest stars around right now, and the decision to hire her is far less baffling that when they turned down a Shirley Bassey song in favour of a vastly inferior effort by C-listers Jack White and Alicia Keys. But I thought the song was OK, nothing more, and certainly not deserving of award after award.
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

No Time To Die is a decent song, IMO. The instrumental takes it up a notch or two.

In other news, Pattinson makes for a decent Batman but a pretty lousy Bruce Wayne. And the movie is about 40 minutes too long.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

And the Batman will be on HBO max in about a month

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

The next Bond has been named!.......Rebel Wilson closed her BAFTA monologue by outing herself as the new Bond, saying, “And here’s my pitch for the new Bond film: Bond goes to Australia and it can be called Die Another G’Day. As the first, uh, female 007, the Bond girls will obviously have to become Bond guys. And because of agenda pay gap, I actually won’t be called 007. I’ll be 004.5.” The "Broccolis"......not MGW......and, the idiot revealed she has a Cr-egg leg tattoo as well! Image Talk about a sick individual, unless the tattoo is a removable prop she had put on for the show. If she is that demented, she should have also come on stage eating a Cr-egg-sicle: Image
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

Of course it's a prop.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

William Hurt, Oscar-Winning Leading Man of the 1980s, Dies at 71: A four-time Academy Award nominee, he starred in such films as “Body Heat,” “The Big Chill,” “Children of a Lesser God” and “Broadcast News.”
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Wow. I like his Leto Atreides, from the sci-fi network dune. He was a fan of the book and not volunteered but was generous with his time and normal fees.
I only mention this role because it’s been criticized but to me was true to the book and was at a time in the actors life he could have defended and got more. Back then A list stars didn’t go to tv for a mini series. Now with streaming it’s a different world

I don’t know if he was a good guy or bad in his personal life but I enjoyed his acting and shocked by his passing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Screenrant's Gunning: No one wants a Bond movie that runs as long as a modest miniseries, and the prospect of a lighter, funnier iteration of Bond whose movies drag on for over two and a half hours sounds exhausting. Bond 26 needs to make the franchise fun again after the darkness of Craig’s grounded movies, and the best way to do this would be to make an unprecedented for the franchise by releasing a Bond adventure that wraps up within 100 minutes. This taut time limit would surprise longtime fans of the series, prove that this new Bond isn’t like his predecessors, and give viewers a reason to see the punchy adventure on the big screen instead of waiting until they can stream the spy’s next lengthy adventure from the comfort of their home.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Great if they can manage it, but given that the previous shortest Bond movie is QOS, which looks like it was edited with a Magimix, I'm a little wary.

Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

the prospect of a lighter, funnier iteration of Bond whose movies drag on for over two and a half hours sounds exhausting.

Well, it's not like a "serious", "grounded" Craig tone made that slog called NTTD any better.
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

Moonraker and The Spy Who Loved Me - which everyone on this forum agrees are the best two bond films :D - were both over two hours.
Bring back Bond!
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

Carl, back then we were younger and had larger bladders :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

It's official: the almost 100-year old studio behind the James Bond franchise has been purchased by Amazon. Amazon announced Thursday its $8.5 billion acquisition of the film and TV studio MGM has closed, less than one year after it was first announced. “The reason for the acquisition seemed like they were after the big titles, the intellectual property, which of course, first and foremost, meant the James Bond franchise,” said Peter Newman, head of Tisch School of the Arts’ MBA/MFA program at New York University........now what happens? There is NO way Bezos will allow years to fly by with no Bond film'S' being made. Broccoli has to answer to someone now. Bezos is buying a franchise that already had 25 prior films so he is starting out quite late in the process.