The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:50 pm
bjmdds wrote: “Call us crazy, but we felt it was the right trajectory,” says Broccoli.
OK. You're crazy.
X2
carl stromberg wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:03 pm
“Well, it’s a blank page at this point,” says Wilson. “We haven’t really discussed it, so anything’s possible.”
“It’s a great place to be,” adds Broccoli, “where we feel like we can wipe the slate clean and do whatever we want.”
Maybe they could make a James Bond film?
That would be nice for a change!
bjmdds wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:23 pm “I said to Barbara, ending him, or ending my version of him, would be, for me, incredibly satisfying. And would help them reset it when they need to,” reveals Craig. “It would leave me feeling like I’d done as much as I could with it. I didn’t want to leave it having regrets.” He says he doesn’t.
I bet it was very satisfying to destroy a character he despised since the beginning.
bjmdds wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:23 pm His version of Bond has exemplified the elements of the character that are about personal sacrifice for the greater good.
Sacrifice?! I think you meant to say selfish. What sacrifice did this guy make in any of the 4 previous films? When he wasn't going off on personal vendettas, he was walking away from the job entirely! His "Bond" has been nothing but a petulant child running off to do as he pleases!
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

Merry Christmas :Xmas:
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

Our weather when we woke up this morning was frightful.I mean gloomier than I have EVER seen it! Yes, it does rain in California! :Xmas:
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

kater23 wrote:Our weather when we woke up this morning was frightful.
But was the fire so delightful?

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
kater23
Moneypenny

Post by kater23 »

LOL we can’t have fires in my parents’ fireplace right now(long story) so,no. But the furnace is working just fine! :mrgreen:
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

There were false scripts that actually included a drastically different turn of events. They featured an ending in which James Bond not only survived the destruction of Safin’s nanobot facility, but was knighted by the English monarchy. While Naomie Harris received the genuine screenplay, many others did not, including the archivist of Eon Productions.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Didn't Bond turn down a knighthood in one of the Fleming novels?

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Kristatos wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:45 pm Didn't Bond turn down a knighthood in one of the Fleming novels?

Toward the end of Ian Fleming's novel The Man With the Golden Gun, James Bond refuses a knighthood offered to him by M, stating "I just refuse to call myself Sir James Bond. I'd laugh at myself every time I looked in the mirror to shave."
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

bjmdds wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:43 pm While Naomie Harris received the genuine screenplay, many others did not, including the archivist of Eon Productions.
Why her of all people? She plays a tiny role in the story and isn't even in the grand finale! Amazing they went through all this trouble and everyone knew about it before the film even hit theaters, hell the news broke before the script was even written, back when Danny Boyle walked off pre-production!
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

007's Daniel Craig will be given the rare Order of St Michael and St George, :shock: which is usually reserved for top spies and diplomats. But in this case, it is a clear nod to the James Bond character he has portrayed for the last 15 years...................Cr-egg's run officially ended December 16th here in the USA as the movie was FINALLY pulled from the theaters. Broccoli could not top Brosnan's $160.9 million in 2002 here with DAD as NTTD ended with $160.7 million here. As was mentioned before, DAD adjusted for inflation was over $240 million now so officially, Brosnan's finale topped Cr-egg's finale by a lot at the box office here, and Brosnan went out on his TOP grossing film while Cr-egg dropped off considerably from his top 2 films at the box office.
Last edited by bjmdds on Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

"A new Bond is not just a red-carpet suit and a timepiece endorsement arm," says Mark O'Connell, author of Catching Bullets: Memoirs of a Bond Fan. "He must be a movie star, an ambassador for the series and cinema, a media diplomat, an anointed son of British culture and the face of a billion-dollar ecosystem of products and endorsements. He must be instantly recognizable across all corners of the globe as James Bond. He must be good looking, able to hold the camera and dominate cinema screens the size of football pitches."----------------is this guy for real? Cr-egg met NONE of his requirements!
kater23
Moneypenny

Post by kater23 »

They just give those “honors” out to anyone, nowadays, don’t they?
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:24 am As was mentioned before, DAD adjusted for inflation was over $240 million now so officially, Brosnan's finale topped Cr-egg's finale by a lot at the box office here
Personally, I think it's funnier that NTTD failed to top the unadjusted total of a 19-year-old film.
bjmdds wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:24 am "A new Bond is not just a red-carpet suit and a timepiece endorsement arm," says Mark O'Connell, author of Catching Bullets: Memoirs of a Bond Fan. "He must be a movie star, an ambassador for the series and cinema, a media diplomat, an anointed son of British culture and the face of a billion-dollar ecosystem of products and endorsements. He must be instantly recognizable across all corners of the globe as James Bond. He must be good looking, able to hold the camera and dominate cinema screens the size of football pitches."----------------is this guy for real? Cr-egg met NONE of his requirements
This could be a sly dig at Craig.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Better than the actual NTTD gunbarrel:

carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

Pierce Brosnan has an OBE but it is unofficial as he is Irish/American.
Bring back Bond!
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Albert Finney played Kincade the Highlands estate’s gamekeeper in his last screen role. However, Skyfall director Sam Mendes revealed that early on in pre-production, the Bond producers considered approaching Sir Sean Connery to play the part, however they changed their minds as it was thought that such a cameo would take the audience out of the movie........ridiculous to even consider that.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 8:51 pm Albert Finney played Kincade the Highlands estate’s gamekeeper in his last screen role. However, Skyfall director Sam Mendes revealed that early on in pre-production, the Bond producers considered approaching Sir Sean Connery to play the part, however they changed their minds as it was thought that such a cameo would take the audience out of the movie........ridiculous to even consider that.
This is fairly old news, but yeah, as you say, ridiculous, Not only would it pull people out of the movie, but it would pretty much confirm the "James Bond is a codename" theory, which I'm fairly sure was not their intent.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

And talking of ridiculous abandoned ideas, I can't copy the link for some reason, but there's a new podcast chat with Ralph Fiennes where he revealed that his M was originally going to turn out to be Blofeld in SPECTRE, but he vetoed the idea. I'm not sure which is worse, that or Brofeld. Presumably it would have been one or the other, unless we're expected to believe that Bond wouldn't have recognised him in Skyfall. Then again, look who we're talking about.

kater23
Moneypenny

Post by kater23 »

My respect for Ralph Fiennes went up a thousand percent .
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

I watched this new Spiderman. Utter lunacy with these outlandish films. It was probably nostalgia, from past Spiderman films, that caused people to go see it, rather than the absolutely ridiculous plot, surrounding these 3 idiots, who are terribly boring as actors. Image