The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by bjmdds »

Broccoli is a boiled vegetable in the film pasture of history. She wants recognition as being an innovative and inclusive film maker but she is trying to do that on the back of another person's literary achievement. It cannot and will not work.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I saw this news and almost posted it, but didn't bother, because it had the feel of reheated leftovers about it. The only reason it's even a surprise is that EON had previously gone on the record to half-deny the rumours, basically saying "we were going to do that, but we changed our minds." So either they changed them back, or they were lying.

Changing the subject, the topical BBC comedy panel show Mock The Week has a round with the self-explanatory title "If this is the answer, what was the question?" This weeks answer was "14 billion". One of the suggested answers was "How many more times will the release date of the new James Bond film be rescheduled?" (The actual answer was the cost of the US election, if anyone was wondering.)

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

The news has dropped amid the Hollywood rumour mill claiming that Bond, James Bond, will die at the end of the franchise’s 25th instalment – and Nomi, Lynch’s character, will be the one to kill him.........Lashana Lynch will play a new Black lesbian 007 in No Time to Die.-----------------mission accomplished by Broccoli---------franchise is done.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Malek weighed in on speculation that his character is actually a 21st-century incarnation of James Bond's very first villain from the 1962 film that launched the Bond franchise, Dr. No. "Yes," the Bohemian Rhapsody star said. "That's interesting. I'm not going to bite on that, but I do think it's interesting. They'll just have to wait and see." Malek Says James Bond Fans Will Be 'Shocked' by New Movie.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

Connery UHD movie bundle on Vudu $29.99

https://www.vudu.com/content/movies/det ... w9MynSeamY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

bjmdds wrote:The news has dropped amid the Hollywood rumour mill claiming that Bond, James Bond, will die at the end of the franchise’s 25th instalment – and Nomi, Lynch’s character, will be the one to kill him.........Lashana Lynch will play a new Black lesbian 007 in No Time to Die.-----------------mission accomplished by Broccoli---------franchise is done.
Taken with the lynch quote I thought was from
Months ago i’ll revise my opinion to include this piece of information , maybe that story was timed to be at the original movie launch in the uk when the cat would be out of the bag.

If this is correct Craig bond will have some kind of world ending virus in his system and give 007 permission to kill him to save the world. Then maybe the last half of the movie will not feature Craig ot maybe only the last20 will try to establish a new 007 series with lynch.

dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

bjmdds wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:17 pm The news has dropped amid the Hollywood rumour mill claiming that Bond, James Bond, will die at the end of the franchise’s 25th instalment – and Nomi, Lynch’s character, will be the one to kill him.........Lashana Lynch will play a new Black lesbian 007 in No Time to Die.-----------------mission accomplished by Broccoli---------franchise is done.
I'd like to see the source material before I weigh in on this particular detail. I am starting to believe more and more that Craig-Bond will die in the finale of this film, but Lynch's character pulling the trigger would require more evidence.
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I still think this is all just empty hype, and that the "shocking twist" will turn out to be a big nothingburger. But we'll see.

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Could be another fake death, or nothing a risky happens and leaks are fodder to get interest in a otherwise boring story

dirtybenny
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Omega wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:27 pm Could be another fake death...
Could be, but seeing as this is Craig's big send off it doesn't make sense this film ends in a cliff hanger.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

dirtybenny wrote:
Could be, but seeing as this is Craig's big send off it doesn't make sense this film ends in a cliff hanger.
Maybe they'll do what Fleming did in FRWL, end it with his apparent death, and then the next one just opens with him walking into M's office and M saying "Morning 007, feeling better?"

dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:40 am
dirtybenny wrote:
Maybe they'll do what Fleming did in FRWL, end it with his apparent death, and then the next one just opens with him walking into M's office and M saying "Morning 007, feeling better?"

I mean that's possible, but considering all the hype of sending off Craig with such fanfare and "emotion," picking up as if nothing happened next film doesn't seem likely.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

dirtybenny wrote:
I mean that's possible, but considering all the hype of sending off Craig with such fanfare and "emotion," picking up as if nothing happened next film doesn't seem likely.
Well, I was half-joking, but if Bond does die at the end, then the next film will have to be another reboot. Not sure where that leaves the proposed Nomi spin-off films. I simply don't believe this idea that they're going to end the Bond series permanently and replace it with a Nomi franchise. Seems way too risky - what happens if the first film flops? At least if a Bond film flops, it has an established brand behind it that justifies making another one.

dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:30 am
dirtybenny wrote:
Well, I was half-joking, but if Bond does die at the end, then the next film will have to be another reboot. Not sure where that leaves the proposed Nomi spin-off films. I simply don't believe this idea that they're going to end the Bond series permanently and replace it with a Nomi franchise. Seems way too risky - what happens if the first film flops? At least if a Bond film flops, it has an established brand behind it that justifies making another one.

That is absolutely the smart money take on this and could very well be the case, however this is the EON that hard rebooted with a craggy sour puss and turned Blofeld into Bond's foster brother so...
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

dirtybenny wrote:
That is absolutely the smart money take on this and could very well be the case, however this is the EON that hard rebooted with a craggy sour puss and turned Blofeld into Bond's foster brother so...
Again, established brand....

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

dirtybenny wrote:
dirtybenny wrote:

They played against the known image, then this is Fleming’s bond which Craig is not, this how bond became bond, this is gritty and realistic, to 007 is a job title.
I wish broccoli could spin her one off projects in to another series but she doesn’t have the talent. If she doesn’t use the name James Bond and brand 007 the audience will not give her the time of day

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

DB's iconic moniker had it right years ago with the emasculated and effeminized Bond picture. "Do not ask for whom DB's bell tolls......it tolls for Bond". It seems both arrogant and predictable to have a 1) black 2) female and 3) lesbian character, created in the image of the lord Broccoli, to replace the suave and debonair Bond character. Her plan seems to be ending Cr-egg's reign with his character's death and rebooting the franchise again, which she might not even want to be associated with after her dolly Cr-egg exits, and move on as if none of this happened. In any case it is a sad state of affairs in the Bond world. Did Connery's passing portend the end of the franchise?
Last edited by bjmdds on Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:51 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Where did you read that she was a lesbian? I don't remember that being mentioned, though it wouldn't surprise me in the least.

dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

bjmdds wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:44 pm DB's iconic moniker had it right years ago with the emasculated and effeminized Bond picture. "Do not ask for whom DB's bell tolls......it tolls for Bond". It seems both arrogant and predictable to have a 1) black 2 )female and 3) lesbian character, created in the image of the lord Broccoli, to replace the suave and debonair Bond character. Her plan seems to be ending Cr-egg's reign with his character's death and rebooting the franchise again, which she might not even want to be associated with after her dolly Cr-egg exits, and move on as if none of this happened. In any case it is a sad state of affairs in the Bond world. Did Connery's passing portend the end of the franchise?
Yes BJ, the Craig era is coming to it's natural conclusion, what started 15 years ago with the stripping of all the Bondian flourishes in CR will come full circle with an emasculated Craig-Bond's death.

Like Kris I'm curious to know your source for lady 007's supposed sexual orientation?
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Omega wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:03 pm
dirtybenny wrote:
dirtybenny wrote:

They played against the known image, then this is Fleming’s bond which Craig is not, this how bond became bond, this is gritty and realistic, to 007 is a job title.
I wish broccoli could spin her one off projects in to another series but she doesn’t have the talent. If she doesn’t use the name James Bond and brand 007 the audience will not give her the time of day

Big O her Rhythm Section hit a sour note and only has a 28% Rotten To The Core rating via Tomatometer. She is useless and Bond should be much more enjoyable to watch under someone else's leadership.