The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by bjmdds »

Image Terrible casting :!: :down:
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

What the hell? Is that Craig? The guy in a mask ? Or cgi?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:
Omega wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:12 pm It does sound like a Babs pipe dream, after DAD the spent the years trying to make a Jinx spin off. Then tried with new monepenny and now the new 007.

The young James Bond series bugged them, I could see them thinking this makes sense and trying to creat a spin off they alone own.

It’s a obvious series killing move, I don’t think it impossible. But given the current bad reaction to the supposed leak I could see this being a troll or pr agent spin
The Jinx spin-off was the first thing I thought of as well, and I'd say this has about as much chance of happening. I pretty much dismiss anything that comes from the Daily Express website now, the Express used to be a respectable paper, but it's now reduced to a pure clickbait site. The Mail is more reliable, but they still say that this is an unverified rumour, and that the distributors and Phoebe Waller-Bridge's people didn't respond to their request for a comment.
Producers commission work all the time I can see this being one they started, but reality is this is not going to happen , not by Babs power only. Another studio head wanting to make could help. Babs just crash landed her female James Bond movie, nobody is going to be in any hurry to give her a green light for a spin off series, we’ll Netflix will but nobody will give her bond money for James Bond jr in a skirt 30 years too late.

Babs only asset was half of the bond rights and a favorable contract giving her say over big decisions. But that’s only valuable is somebody wants to make the movies, kind of the same boat Kevin McClory found himself in, he had a claim on billions of dollars but couldn’t get to it. Babs is in better shape but has done nothing with the bond property for years, spin offs is a dead end for them, and means she can’t see anything to do with the bond rights she owns.

kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

Omega wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:29 pm What the hell? Is that Craig? The guy in a mask ? Or cgi?

. D!mn he looks rough. Either that or that’s his double(who looks nothing like him..but why? Lazy EON.)
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

bjmdds wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:38 pm Producers are also reportedly planning a spin-off based on the spy's recently-discovered daughter, penned by the Killing Eve' scribe Phoebe. Sources claimed bosses have approached her to pen a franchise documenting how the offspring of 007 becomes an agent herself :!: :hair: :shock: A source told The Sunday Mirror: 'Bond bosses are very excited about 007 having a daughter and creating a new franchise around her. It is likely to feature Bond conflicted over having to train her up as an ­assassin :hair: combined with Waller-Bridge's ­trademark black humour, shown in Killing Eve. She may just offer ideas and co-produce as roles are yet to be decided, but bosses are keen to give her a big part in the film's production.'--------DB is getting loaded up on ideas I am sure for the next rant dealing with such EON madness. MGW has let his moronic sister run amuck with his daddy's franchise, to the point of absurdity :!:
Nothing but cheap speculation. Bond is going to die at the end of this film, so he won't be "training up his daughter as an assassin" later. They also speculate Craig may return to feature in this travesty, not likely even if he survives the film what's he going to do teach a 5 year old to fire a machine gun?! Pure unadulterated bollocks!
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

DB is ramping up another gem towards EON :!: Broccoli might finally get the Jane Bond she always wanted, in Jane Bond: Property Of A Lady, due out in 2040 :!: Where is Atticus to chime in here?
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

dirtybenny wrote:
bjmdds wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:38 pm Producers are also reportedly planning a spin-off based on the spy's recently-discovered daughter, penned by the Killing Eve' scribe Phoebe. Sources claimed bosses have approached her to pen a franchise documenting how the offspring of 007 becomes an agent herself :!: :hair: :shock: A source told The Sunday Mirror: 'Bond bosses are very excited about 007 having a daughter and creating a new franchise around her. It is likely to feature Bond conflicted over having to train her up as an ­assassin :hair: combined with Waller-Bridge's ­trademark black humour, shown in Killing Eve. She may just offer ideas and co-produce as roles are yet to be decided, but bosses are keen to give her a big part in the film's production.'--------DB is getting loaded up on ideas I am sure for the next rant dealing with such EON madness. MGW has let his moronic sister run amuck with his daddy's franchise, to the point of absurdity :!:
Nothing but cheap speculation. Bond is going to die at the end of this film, so he won't be "training up his daughter as an assassin" later. They also speculate Craig may return to feature in this travesty, not likely even if he survives the film what's he going to do teach a 5 year old to fire a machine gun?! Pure unadulterated bollocks!
I don’t buy the train up his daughter angle either, but it’s the kind of crap eon would try to sell. Forgetting that they’ve abandoned what was a wonder franchise defying the odd and lasting 40 years under one series from dr no to dad, new series Cr- no time to take your daughter to work day, is a paltry offering of a self centered wannabe.

There was something about Craig’s bond that bothered that me I couldn’t put into words, watching Disney plus behind the scenes of the mandalorian Jon favreau was talking about what made the character work, how they went back to the man with no name and other classic western and Samurai influences. The point that hit home he said Hollywood has a lost of actors who act tough and try to project toughness, where real people who can handle themselves and have seen some stuff don’t act like it because they have seen it and can do it. I’m paraphrasing and kind of all over the place trying to explain it.
Favreau would have meet some SOF fighters and martial artist in his job at marvel and Star Wars, a few special op guys get a chance to be on set experts, I guarantee how those guys carry themselves is different from how Hollywood projects a tough guy.

What bothers me about Craig is the producers over and over again reenforce Craig is a bad ass, nothing on screen is anything more than a man posing in stances that are supposed to equal toughness to the audience. I know it’s not real and Craig isn’t expected to be a real world spy or special ops, but kind of how eon feels the need to repeat the description of the new 007, or moneypenny is a tough beautiful woman, and so on, they can’t let the character be the evidence because they don’t trust the audience to see it.

Sorry to ramble

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

dirtybenny wrote: Nothing but cheap speculation. Bond is going to die at the end of this film, so he won't be "training up his daughter as an assassin" later. They also speculate Craig may return to feature in this travesty, not likely even if he survives the film what's he going to do teach a 5 year old to fire a machine gun?! Pure unadulterated bollocks!
I thought the reason Danny Boyle jumped ship was that he wanted to kill Bond and EON wouldn't let him?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
dirtybenny
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:45 am
dirtybenny wrote: Nothing but cheap speculation. Bond is going to die at the end of this film, so he won't be "training up his daughter as an assassin" later. They also speculate Craig may return to feature in this travesty, not likely even if he survives the film what's he going to do teach a 5 year old to fire a machine gun?! Pure unadulterated bollocks!
I thought the reason Danny Boyle jumped ship was that he wanted to kill Bond and EON wouldn't let him?

I thought it was a mistake when first reported and that would make more sense, but all the evidence points to that conclusion, my next rant should cover it whenever I get a chance to work on it.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Image Screenrant.com:A gritty unrefined Bond is an exciting Bond, but 007 as a dad in No Time to Die could be comparatively lame and run the risk of alienating fans who look to James Bond for escapist thrills rather than moral direction.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Radiotimes.com has a poll on who should replace Daniel Craig as Bond. I voted for Aidan Turner, though Sam Heughan seems to be leading the pack at the moment. Don't think I've seen him in anything, so I have no opinion on him either way.

Link: https://www.radiotimes.com/news/film/20 ... ctor-vote/

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

OK, I just watched a couple of minutes of Outlander on TV to check this Heughan guy out. Based on the little bit I saw, he wouldn't be my first choice for Bond, but he wouldn't be terrible either. I still want Turner or, failing that, Cavill, but I could live with Heughan.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

"Jamie Fraser" is NOT Bond. Outlander is another time travel story with nudity thrown in on the Starz cable channel here. It is similar to the Dark Shadows 1966-1971 soap opera that was popular here which dealt with time travel to the past and back to the present. Image
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:"Jamie Fraser" is NOT Bond. Outlander is another time travel story with nudity thrown in on the Starz cable channel here. It is similar to the Dark Shadows 1966-1971 soap opera that was popular here which dealt with time travel to the past and back to the present. Image
I think he'd be an improvement on Craig, though that's not saying much.

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Im not so sure b movie or tv experience is a disqualification. didn’t work out in Craig’s case, of course Craig thinks he was a list since the start,
In brosnan, Connery, Moore , and lazenby’s cases it actually worked out.

In daltons case I consider him more established by the time he took the role, he wasn’t stuck up about it or on a ego trip. When he was first offered the role he was unestablished.

Cubby’s theory and one people like George Lucas used, was to find cheap unknowns were capable and mold their public image to suit the role and movies they (cubby & Lucas) make.

Craig came in with a ton of baggage and attitude, babs remade bond because Craig wasn’t capable of actually playing Ian Fleming’s James Bond. So in capable of it Babs rebooted and remolded James Bond around her defective actor.

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Moore and Brosnan are the only ones who were really known before they became Bond, and both of those were from TV. Connery, Craig and Dalton were all bit part players before Bond, while Lazenby got the role off the back of an advert. I think Aidan Turner is roughly where Roger and Pierce were before they became Bond. He's known for Being Human and Poldark, and some small roles in movies, like the Hobbit trilogy,
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

ABC's Jimmy Kimmel on Thursday announced he will be taking the summer off after facing criticism over wearing blackface in a recurring skit he performed while working on "The Man Show" on Comedy Central.-----another morality preaching leftist who was caught for past actions and will disappear :!: Too bad he does not exit the planet permanently :!: Jimmy Fallon also did the same thing on SNL and is suddenly apologizing for it :!:
Atticus
Lieutenant

Post by Atticus »

bjmdds wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:11 am DB is ramping up another gem towards EON :!: Broccoli might finally get the Jane Bond she always wanted, in Jane Bond: Property Of A Lady, due out in 2040 :!: Where is Atticus to chime in here?
BJ, I was looking for the final nail to hammer into the series' coffin. :lol: The good news is, we're on course to see this all go downhill like what happened with the Star Wars franchise after producer Kathleen Kennedy's march into wokeness. Her Empress Barbara of Eon obviously doesn't want to be outdone. Especially now that The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences stated that diversity will now be a requirement when looking at Oscars eligibility. She struggles to be with the “in-crowd” to get an Oscar for her Bond films.
Atticus
Lieutenant

Post by Atticus »

dirtybenny wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:52 pm
If there's an ounce of reality to this report, I can see Eon emulating Dora The Explorer, like that recent big screen adventure of the kiddy show. It started off (briefly like an opening sequence--yeah, there you go, a Bondian element) with a 7 year old Dora and the rest of the film features a teenybopper Dora. I saw it with my granddaughter and she actually found it boring, even though she watched the TV series during kindergarten. I think it was Variety's review that called the character the most “woke” big-screen adventurer (and of course that far-left rag praised the film but, at best, the film did mediocre numbers at the box office). Anyway, in this style, Old Danny Bond's daughter will be a teenaged spy. But Empress Barbara will praise the Woke Caliphate by having the character be passionate about the environment. So off she goes on a crusade a la St. Greta Thunberg. Craig can make a cameo--living contently in Seattle's CHOP or CHAZ or CHUMP zone (or whatever the hell it's now called). Maybe his Bond will still be feeling the Bern after all these years. So he'll be back, like Mark Hamill's old Luke Skywalker, but looking even more decrepit, say, with a Karl Marx beard. At this point, I can't see the series going back to a “traditional” Bond film, with an alpha male womanizer in the lead. Craig's effeminate Bond is a tired routine, so that's probably off the drawing board. Meanwhile, the series has gone so far down the PC road and is too entrenched in the ways of the Hollywood culture. Maybe this is why Empress Barbara is scoping out a Jane Bond type of character through this idea of Bond having a daughter.
dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

Hey Atticus, good to see you back again! I'm skeptical of the daughter led T.V. show, not that I don't put it past EON, but I just don't see them as energetic enough. How many non Bond films have they done since Cubby's passing, two? And both flopped, they can barely put out a Bond film every half decade and when they do it's slapped together on the fly as they shoot! Television doesn't work that way. I do put more store in the rumor Lashana Lynch will take over the series for a film or two. I didn't at first but the more we find out about NTTD the more it fits. Too bad for EON it'll tank and they'll have to try and put the lightning back in the bottle, but by that time will anyone care?