The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Blowfeld »

Kristatos wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:26 pm Are we going to do an unofficial novelization of NTTD?
Last week I was thinking of the NTTD Novilization. Though I am not sure I have the heart to finish it.

My initial idea was each chapter be titled 'No Time To': Write, Plot, Think, Direct, an so on.

Jamaica: A dark and stormy night Bond is hunting and pecking the key board trying to write a spy novel to build up the moral of the British people. Chapters could be anything from the book Bond is writing to dream sequences and reality. Even before that news of the child being Bonds I was going to have the little girl say 'the name is Bond, Bond-Swann'. Also try to rip-off Tony Stark father daughter relationship along with Bony dying ala Tony Stark with Peperpots-Swann there to send him off.

"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

James wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:30 am https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... e-Die.html

Bimbo Bond girls may have been consigned to history after charges of sexism, but the new 007 blockbuster will feature Bond’s girl. The Mail on Sunday can confirm rumours that the notorious womaniser spy is father to a five-year-old daughter in the forthcoming film No Time To Die. Bond, played by Daniel Craig, is a doting dad to Mathilde, his daughter with love interest Dr Madeleine Swann, played by French actress Lea Seydoux. The rumours emerged last week when call sheets – the daily schedules that tell actors where they are needed for filming – for the £150 million film, the 25th in the ‘official’ Bond series, went up for sale on online auction site eBay. The schedule describes a scene shot in southern Italy last September, which featured Dr Swann alongside Lashana Lynch’s Nomi – who this newspaper previously revealed will be the first black female 00 agent – and a child called Mathilde, played by five-year-old Lisa-Dorah Sonne. ‘Scene #235’, as the schedule calls it, details where ‘Nomi pilots Madeleine and Mathilde to safety with the island in the background’. Paparazzi photographs taken during filming show a young girl wearing blue dungarees with the actors and crew on the set, but it is not known if she is Mathilde.

A film insider last night said: ‘Yes, it’s true. Bond is a dad. Daniel wanted to make this Bond film the most surprising and entertaining yet. 'Daniel is older and his Bond is maturing and looking at life through the prism of fatherhood. But there’s a lot more to it than that.’ Fleabag creator Phoebe Waller-Bridge was brought in to rewrite the script after original director Danny Boyle was replaced by Cary Joji Fukunaga. The film is now packed with ‘woke’ references and the insider said making Bond a dad had ‘opened up a whole avenue of powerful moments – and jokes’, adding: ‘It’s the one thing fans would never expect. 'Bond has always managed to charm his way into the hearts and beds of hundreds of beautiful women, seemingly without any consequences. 'Making him a father opens up a whole new world in terms of drama and story development.’

In the new film, which was due to open in April but was pushed back to November because of the coronavirus pandemic, Bond is shown enjoying retirement in Jamaica, having hung up his Walther PPK pistol in favour of a quiet life. No Time To Die is set five years after the last Bond film, Spectre, which saw the secret agent fall in love with Dr Swann, a French psychologist. Spectre ends with Bond driving off with her into the sunset in his old Aston Martin DB5. The insider said: ‘Without giving too much away, the new film is filled with twists. 'Bond appears to be happy in his new domestic life but then, of course, he gets dragged back in to save the world.’ No Time To Die opens with new Bond villain, Safin, played by Oscar-winner Rami Malek, chasing a girl across an ice-covered lake in Norway. The scene is a ‘flashback’ of a young Madeleine Swann fleeing for her life. ‘Daniel wants to tie up lots of loose ends in his final film. 'Everything is interwoven,’ the insider said. ‘Bond finding out he is a father is integral to the plot.’ Pictures have emerged of an Italian child, Allegra Shettini, who ‘stood in’ for Lisa-Dorah Sonne during a sequence. She told a TV interviewer: ‘I just had to sit on a rock and play with a stick.’ The new movie involves Bond saving the world from a biological pandemic. ‘It’s not quite Covid-19, but it’s similar’, said the insider. ‘It’s very timely.’

:picard:
Pathetic and predictable. The franchise has given up on shocking fans with a woman 007 opting instead for Bond is a daddy idea jettisoned from Quantum.
I can not decide if they are ripping off Iron-man or November Man.
Almost be willing to wager unless EON re-writes it last minute the biological terror will not be 'similar to COVID'.
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

bjmdds wrote:Replies to article above:
zar, Dallas, United States, 20 hours ago

Nope that's not bond film to most people

wowshopnow, Wauwatosa, United States, 20 hours ago

O M G what are they doing to this franchise!!!!
Same thing they’ve been doing to the franchise since 2006. If the not for movie fans the idea of who James Bond is supposed to be wasn’t fully established Babs wouldn’t have anything to draw off of. This time 007 is a minority female, James Bond is papa Bond, those are meant to shock the audience who I don’t think are paying attention. Babs got away with a ton of unbond like behavior from Craig, then the music choices and the writing adding elements that belong on the small screen British drama set not 007. All because her audience isn’t the hard core fans like us it’s just folks who buy movie tickets because it’s a bond movie not necessarily because of the lead actor. Those fans are neither loyal nor disappointed by bad movie, for them it’s the experience of going to a bond movie feed by the they experience they had going to the movie for better bonds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Unfunny Guardian "humour" columnist Stuart Heritage on the horrors in store: https://www.theguardian.com/film/2020/j ... school-run

He may not be funny, but that doesn't make him wrong.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Ha, kind of funny. I like the line about full night of uninterrupted sleep

bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

“I think that Bond should probably be a little bit more untouchable,” Britt Ekland told the hosts (via The Daily Mail). “He’s a fantasy.” When asked directly if she thinks that making Bond a father will ruin the long-running franchise, she admitted that she thinks it will. :Happy: Ekland went on to say she believes the next Bond, who will replace Craig when he steps down from the role after No Time to Die, should “turn back time” and be a “traditional” 007, “an old-fashioned bachelor”. However, she made sure to note that the minds behind Bond, Barbara Broccoli and Michael G. Wilson, know better than her what direction to take the character.------no they don't Britt :!: We saw Ekland in a restaurant near the Chiller Theatre convention a few years back with Maud Adams. Maud told us she liked cr-egg but she said Britt did not. She obviously still feels that way.
Last edited by bjmdds on Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Radiotimes.com survey question: Are you excited that No Time to Die is giving James Bond a daughter?
Yes – it's a great new twist for 007----------------27%
No – it's a mistake to make Bond a family man-- 73%
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

bjmdds wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:24 am Radiotimes.com survey question: Are you excited that No Time to Die is giving James Bond a daughter?
Yes – it's a great new twist for 007----------------27%
No – it's a mistake to make Bond a family man-- 73%

It doesn't much matter as Craig's Bond will be dead by the film's end and I don't mean figuratively. More to come in my next rant...eventually.
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

James Bond fans have made it clear they’re not happy about a rumoured twist in upcoming film No Time to Die.

Documents allegedly leaked from the movie’s production suggest that a 5-year-old girl plays a key role in the plot, and with No Time to Die confirmed as taking place five years after the previous film Spectre, fans suspect that this girl Mathilde could be James Bond’s daughter with Madeleine Swann (Lea Seydoux).

Former Bond girl Britt Ekland has already spoken out against the game-changing twist, saying it “ruins the fantasy” of the 007 character, and it seems fans agree…

In a RadioTimes.com poll, an overwhelming majority of 74 per cent said they thought it was a mistake to make Bond a family man.

Just 26 per cent of readers thought the surprise development was a good move and an interesting new avenue for Daniel Craig to explore in his final screen outing as Ian Fleming’s spy.
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

bjmdds wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:54 pm James Bond fans have made it clear they’re not happy about a rumoured twist in upcoming film No Time to Die.

Documents allegedly leaked from the movie’s production suggest that a 5-year-old girl plays a key role in the plot, and with No Time to Die confirmed as taking place five years after the previous film Spectre, fans suspect that this girl Mathilde could be James Bond’s daughter with Madeleine Swann (Lea Seydoux).

Former Bond girl Britt Ekland has already spoken out against the game-changing twist, saying it “ruins the fantasy” of the 007 character, and it seems fans agree…

In a RadioTimes.com poll, an overwhelming majority of 74 per cent said they thought it was a mistake to make Bond a family man.

Just 26 per cent of readers thought the surprise development was a good move and an interesting new avenue for Daniel Craig to explore in his final screen outing as Ian Fleming’s spy.
Someone said the daughter is actually a clone. :shock:

In other news, this has been banned

https://www.youtube.com/embed/yfl6Lu3xQW0

I don't know how to post YouTube videos now

and the statue of Kristatos in Bristol has been thrown in the river.
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

When I first read about this the first thing that came to mind was “007,you ARE the baby daddy!” :lol: :lol:
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

The Bond movie's new release date comes via the official James Bond Twitter page, where a tweet reveals that No Time To Die is now releasing theatrically in the U.S. on November 20, moving up roughly a week from its previous November 25 date.---------------5 years since last Bond film------------5 year old daughter for Bond-----------EON moved up the release date 5 days--------------5-5-5
Last edited by bjmdds on Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

555=part of a Hollywood telephone number (though not any more, apparently they've stopped doing that, because too many people are aware of it now).
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Seem a like they are flailing a bit. They might have pulled it off sticking to the original release. The more leaks out the less people are amused by Babs antics.
I think in the bubble Babs and Craig live in they are marking “can’t lose” choices. They don’t realize people have lived with their crap ideas in their movies for over a decade, high water mark on Craig’s career as bond is still 2006, Babs is 2012, last movie she made tanked in theaters and home video, last success she had was 5 years ago and that was a let down for their partners expecting a billion dollar bo.
The audience has rewatched skyfall and spectre and are less impressed with where Babs and Craig think bond is going.

I honestly believe the audience is more sophisticated now, used to series on streaming and tv that are more thought out and have a journey and pay off. Movie series have changed too, it’s not ok to go back and add meaning to entries they never had that meaning intended in the first place. It didn’t work for Star Wars, it’s not working for bond ,

kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

Trying to picture Bond at a Chuck E. Cheese.. yeahno. :lol: :lol:
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Producers are also reportedly planning a spin-off based on the spy's recently-discovered daughter, penned by the Killing Eve' scribe Phoebe. Sources claimed bosses have approached her to pen a franchise documenting how the offspring of 007 becomes an agent herself :!: :hair: :shock: A source told The Sunday Mirror: 'Bond bosses are very excited about 007 having a daughter and creating a new franchise around her. It is likely to feature Bond conflicted over having to train her up as an ­assassin :hair: combined with Waller-Bridge's ­trademark black humour, shown in Killing Eve. She may just offer ideas and co-produce as roles are yet to be decided, but bosses are keen to give her a big part in the film's production.'--------DB is getting loaded up on ideas I am sure for the next rant dealing with such EON madness. MGW has let his moronic sister run amuck with his daddy's franchise, to the point of absurdity :!:
Last edited by bjmdds on Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:Producers are also reportedly planning a spin-off based on the spy's recently-discovered daughter, penned by the Killing Eve' scribe Phoebe. Sources claimed bosses have approached her to pen a franchise documenting how the offspring of 007 becomes an agent herself :!: :hair: :shock: A source told The Sunday Mirror: 'Bond bosses are very excited about 007 having a daughter and creating a new franchise around her. It is likely to feature Bond conflicted over having to train her up as an ­assassin :hair: combined with Waller-Bridge's ­trademark black humour, shown in Killing Eve. She may just offer ideas and co-produce as roles are yet to be decided, but bosses are keen to give her a big part in the film's production.'--------DB is getting loaded up on ideas I am sue for the next rant dealing with such EON madness. MGW has let his moronic sister run amuck with his daddy's franchise, to the point of absurdity :!:
Source? This sounds like bs to me.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

It does sound like a Babs pipe dream, after DAD the spent the years trying to make a Jinx spin off. Then tried with new monepenny and now the new 007.

The young James Bond series bugged them, I could see them thinking this makes sense and trying to creat a spin off they alone own.

It’s a obvious series killing move, I don’t think it impossible. But given the current bad reaction to the supposed leak I could see this being a troll or pr agent spin

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Omega wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:12 pm It does sound like a Babs pipe dream, after DAD the spent the years trying to make a Jinx spin off. Then tried with new monepenny and now the new 007.

The young James Bond series bugged them, I could see them thinking this makes sense and trying to creat a spin off they alone own.

It’s a obvious series killing move, I don’t think it impossible. But given the current bad reaction to the supposed leak I could see this being a troll or pr agent spin
The Jinx spin-off was the first thing I thought of as well, and I'd say this has about as much chance of happening. I pretty much dismiss anything that comes from the Daily Express website now, the Express used to be a respectable paper, but it's now reduced to a pure clickbait site. The Mail is more reliable, but they still say that this is an unverified rumour, and that the distributors and Phoebe Waller-Bridge's people didn't respond to their request for a comment.