The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:Our government has given 5 conditions for ending the lockdown. I can't rattle off the list from memory, but basically they want to be satisfied that it's under control and that there's no danger of a second wave overwhelming the hospitals again.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
I honestly believe the reason it wasn’t as bad here is schools and child care were closed. That’s the biggest gathering of careless people ages preschool to university

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

bjmdds wrote:Sunday April 5, 2020 4:47PM: The so-called experts are throwing around USA death tolls of anywhere from 100,000-240,000 deaths when all is said and done with corona. These are the same "experts" than said January 26th that the coronavirus was no big deal. The clowns on financial shows seem surprised that 10 million people filed for unemployment the past 2 weeks in the USA and that 700,000 jobs were lost in March.--------why the surprise :?: We are closing down the economy to combat an entity that never existed until 3 months ago :!: You cannot test for something that never existed and we were able to create tests for the virus in 8 short weeks :!: :clap: That is remarkable :!: So far 8000 have died in the USA from this pestilence. I give the under/over at 60,000 total deaths in the USA, not the 240,000 these doomsdayers are predicting :!: We will see the correct figure soon and May 1 should start to hopefully be the turning point towards the reduction in the spread of this China owned pandemic.
Top coronavirus model significantly lowers total estimates of US deaths in new projection:The University of Washington's Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation (IHME) lowered its projection of total deaths from 68,841 to just over 60,308 in an update published Friday.------ Where did the figure of "60,000" USA deaths appear before on the internet? Well, it was right here on this magnificent website 2 weeks ago :!: Once again, we were ahead of the curve :!: :up: We did not 'bend' it nor 'plateau' it. We simply figured out what was happening with rational common sense :!: The so-called experts attempted to place the world into a premature hysterical panic with 2.2 million USA deaths being suggested at the start which was totally irresponsible. This IS the most contagious virus that Dr. Oz's colleague in the virology field has ever seen and I agree with that assumption; however, with as much as 85% of the entire world now probably in contact with the Chinese pestilence in my opinion, the overall death rate is VERY low, compared to the BS numbers the morons are shoveling daily. This virus is quite deadly to a minuscule percentage of the population. I worry about long term after effects of people's bodies once this is behind us. After 6 weeks now, my sense of taste and smell is not back to normal. People have eye and hearing issues as well. China has screwed the world big time and MUST pay for this :!:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Vudu has 2 for $15 mix and match bond movies in UHD 4K

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

From an Empire magazine Q&A with Quentin Tarantino:
How do you rank the screen Bonds? – David Chin

Sean Connery, Pierce Brosnan, then just a little under him, Roger Moore. And then everybody else. Connery’s at the top, but I really, really like Pierce Brosnan. I didn’t care for the movies that they put him in, which I always thought was a bit of a tragedy, because I thought he was a very legitimate Bond. I’m a huge Roger Moore fan — I just like Roger Moore a little better when he’s not playing Bond.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Fraud is going on with the USA death rates now. NYC added on 3700 deaths this week that were unaccounted for and were NOT tested for the coronavirus. The government is paying the hospitals several times MORE for corona billing for patients and this has created increased revenue for the hospitals :!: Where there is a will.......there is a relative :!:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Look at what the coronavirus has done to Brosnan now after 6 weeks of isolation: Image----------Broccoli commissioned sculptors to make clay faces of Cr-egg to place around her house: Image
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:Look at what the coronavirus has done to Brosnan now after 6 weeks of isolation: Image
He looks like the "It's!" man from Monty Python.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

American Cinematographer tidbit: The extended pre-credit sequence shot in Norway is where Safin hunts down victims on a frozen lake.-----in my opinion he will be Dr. No. What are the odds EON or a new owner has a film ready in 2022 for the 60th anniversary given the delay now, unless they will write a new script in these empty months before NTTD is released?
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

I could see amazon or apple buy the franchise just to get home theater content, nttd has value there, not sure how much

kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

Apparently our weather went do not pass go right to summer. After we had 5 days or rain recently, you’re darn right there were a lot of people out there-not necessarily distancing OR wearing masks. :hair:
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

Has anyone seen the Starlink satelites? I saw them last night.
Bring back Bond!
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Director Fukunaga had this idea for NTTD that Broccoli nixed: “I had an idea that this movie could all be taking place inside the villain’s lair from the last film. There’s this scene [in Spectre] where a needle goes into James Bond’s head, which is supposed to make him forget everything, and then he miraculously escapes by a watch bomb. And then he and Léa blow up the place, and go on to save the day. I was like, ‘What if everything up until the end of act two is all inside his head?’”------------genuis this yokel is-----NOT :!:--------------Craig revealed he has no plans to leave a single penny of his $125m fortune (£108m) to his children when he dies, as he finds the idea of inheritance “distasteful”. “My philosophy is to get rid of it or give it away before you go.” He told Saga Magazine in a new interview: “I don’t want to leave great sums to the next generation.” :shock: -----his offspring must love him :!: ------NOT :!:-----------once Cr-gg is retired, he will head up his new role at the Cerebral Anoxia Foundation as its CEO and long may he serve in that deserved role with a salary of $1.00 per year :!:
Last edited by bjmdds on Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

So basically, he was going to steal the end of Brazil.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

More like Bobby Ewing of Dallas tv fame never dying for a year and all 32 episodes were deemed a dream once Patrick Duffy returned to the role.
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

If you needed any more proof that Hollywood has run out of ideas... :mrgreen:
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Screenrant.com's idea:Daniel Craig is confirmed to be quitting as James Bond after No Time To Die, but the series should break tradition and recast everyone else too. :idea:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:Screenrant.com's idea:Daniel Craig is confirmed to be quitting as James Bond after No Time To Die, but the series should break tradition and recast everyone else too. :idea:
I said the same thing. They pretty much did that in Goldeneye, with only a brief scene with Desmond Llewellyn providing continuity with the earlier films.

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Well what is tradition? In 2004 they fired everyone but Judy drench, recasting early 2006 late 2005, not actually filling any of the classic roles until 2012.

GE was a light reboot recasting the role around the new bond, Cr was a hard reboot where they stoped making bond and starter making Craig films. If we go by 26 years of recent bond history all of the current cast is gone. Most of them have to be recast as the actors have 3 film deals when renegotiated are paid a lot more. Those kind of deal are why tv shows often have a five season run then are canceled, the contracts of the time were for built in pay hikes. The a&e UsA syfy networks worked on those scales and killed a lot of good shows for pay scale reasons.

Reminds me.

One thing people forget is Babs decided on Craig 2004, Craig went to the gym for a year before the announcement, at some point had a 24 hr audition via video conference with the studio heads.
All this while Sony and eon were supposedly talking with brosnan about coming back eon later lies saying brosnan demands were too high, which MGW to his credit later denied, but this was after they decided on saying Cr was to recharge their creative energies, which apparently they never had.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

[video][/video]
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

Sadly, I don't think we will get to see this in a Bond movie now.