The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by bjmdds »

The so-called experts are throwing around USA death tolls of anywhere from 100,000-240,000 deaths when all is said and done with corona. These are the same "experts" than said January 26th that the coronavirus was no big deal. The clowns on financial shows seem surprised that 10 million people filed for unemployment the past 2 weeks in the USA and that 700,000 jobs were lost in March.--------why the surprise :?: We are closing down the economy to combat an entity that never existed until 3 months ago :!: You cannot test for something that never existed and we were able to create tests for the virus in 8 short weeks :!: :clap: That is remarkable :!: So far 8000 have died in the USA from this pestilence. I give the under/over at 60,000 total deaths in the USA, not the 240,000 these doomsdayers are predicting :!: We will see the correct figure soon and May 1 should start to hopefully be the turning point towards the reduction in the spread of this China owned pandemic.
Last edited by bjmdds on Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

God I hope May is the turning point. I’m going over to my parents’ house(but will go back and forth to my house as needed)Bringing lots of things to do(a whole bag of books among ‘em) with me.
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I think 240,000 was the worst case scenario. But all these figures are just educated guesses. No-one can be certain what the final death toll will be. Hopefully people will stop being "covidiots" and follow the advice on social distancing etc (which should be easier in the US than in densely populated Europe).

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Outside of the USA hotspots in NY, California, Washington, Detroit and Washington state, the needed bed totals are way UNDER the estimate models. I actually think I had this crummy virus 31 days ago here, with a 2 day fever and a loss of taste and smell. I was in a room with a person that wound up testing positive after being with a group of us. I am much better now but the taste/smell has not returned fully to normal yet. Hopefully it will soon. I self quarantined 31 days just to be sure. I will get the antibody test next month at my yearly physical to see for sure if I was exposed to it. I hope this scourge on humanity bites the dust sooner rather than later.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Sorry the hear you’ve been sick BJ.

This covid confuses me because some of the way it acts is like a bio weapon, days it can live on various surfaces, how long people can be contagious without symptoms, how long it can supposedly incubate, what it has in common with other viruses. The loss of taste and smell is very weird.
In some ways it’s like a failed prototype that’s still potent but not the class weapon that really could we’d out all it comes in contact with.

Supposedly Ivermectin works well and is common, others say malaria drug works too, others say they have developed antibodies to prevent it. So I’m hopeful we can turn the tide against this,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Thanks big O :!: I feel 85% back to normal. The guy we caught it from feels 90% back to normal. He was put on hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin due to it affected his lungs. I only spoke to him for 3 minutes, about 10 feet away. Others in the room got it and one died and it was the first death of coronavirus reported in New Jersey, John Brennan who worked at Yonkers Raceway. John was friends with the Fusco family and 4 of them were in contact with him and died too in New Jersey. The guy we were close to spent time with John Brennan the week before. It is nuts what is going on here. Elevators are a petri dish in Manhattan where some of my friends live. Dr. Oz, the mighty and powerful, said to stay away from elevators and he is correct. Hopefully I am now immune to this virus.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

The leader of the research team, Dr. Kylie Wagstaff issued a statement, saying, “Ivermectin is very widely used and seen as a safe drug. We need to figure out now whether the dosage you can use it at in humans will be effective—that’s the next step,” Newsweek magazine reported. “We found that even a single dose could essentially remove all viral RNA by 48 hours and that even at 24 hours there was a really significant reduction in it.”
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Honor Blackman has passed away, aged 94. Thought I'd post this here, rather than in Breaking News, since she was a Bond actress. Nothing to do with the coronavirus, apparently.

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

d**n. Rip, always thought she was a classy lady

kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

RIP Honor :cry:
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Is Trolls World Tour the most important film of 2020?: https://www.theguardian.com/film/2020/a ... lm-of-2020

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

bjmdds wrote:The so-called experts are throwing around USA death tolls of anywhere from 100,000-240,000 deaths when all is said and done with corona. These are the same "experts" than said January 26th that the coronavirus was no big deal. The clowns on financial shows seem surprised that 10 million people filed for unemployment the past 2 weeks in the USA and that 700,000 jobs were lost in March.--------why the surprise :?: We are closing down the economy to combat an entity that never existed until 3 months ago :!: You cannot test for something that never existed and we were able to create tests for the virus in 8 short weeks :!: :clap: That is remarkable :!: So far 8000 have died in the USA from this pestilence. I give the under/over at 60,000 total deaths in the USA, not the 240,000 these doomsdayerss are predicting :!: We will see the correct figure soon and May 1 should start to hopefully be the turning point towards the reduction in the spread of this China owned pandemic.
Well, well well. Look at this gang :!: ------NEW YORK (Reuters) - An influential university model on the U.S. coronavirus pandemic on Wednesday scaled back its projected death toll by 26% to "60,000" but a federal health official warned of a second wave of infections if Americans relax “social distancing” practices.-------------------we were conned by the bookworms who are not street smart and they attempted to scare everyone into submission :!: There were even models looking at over 1 million USA deaths :!: :hair: Fraud :!: Common sense dictates how we as a society live our lives, NOT governmental lifetime workers who lack the real intelligence to make decisions for the masses. Dr. Fauci does NOT impress me either :!: :down: The W.H.O. is a corrupt group as well and MUST be shut down :!:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Locals in Wuhan, where the Chinese coronavirus pandemic originated, have heard screams :shock: coming from funeral home furnaces, and some treated in hospitals say they saw workers put living coronavirus patients in body bags, :shock: Radio Free Asia (RFA) reported on Monday.

RFA noted that it could not independently verify that the Chinese Communist Party was burning coronavirus patients alive, nor has the Communist Party confirmed or denied the rumors. Yet the rumors persist that, to make room for new patients in Wuhan’s overcrowded hospitals, medical staff chose older patients less likely to survive the infection and shipped them to incinerators while they were still alive and conscious.

RFA quoted a source “close to the funeral industry” identified only as Ma who said that he had heard reports of “people restrained and forced into body bags when they were still moving.”

“Some people are saying that … there are video clips of screams coming from funeral homes, from inside the furnaces … which tells us that some people were taken to the funeral homes while they were still alive,” Ma added. :shock:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Not a surprise , should be horrifying, but the Chinese government is brutal, all the Washington elites since Nixion who want to believe the Chinese communist Government can be delt with as equals have given into these creeps time and time again. They have no problem murdering millions if it suits them

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I don't know the source of this story, but it sounds like the sort of thing that appears whenever the MIC wants to drum up support for yet another war. If they really are trying to start a war with China, that scares me even more than the coronavirus.

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Um, I suppose it’s a similar cycle where we don’t hear what a Bas***d fill in the blank is to their own people until the US or other powers want to use military force.

I don’t feel this is the case here just because the economic powers and establishment group think are in bed with China. Partly why we’ve had such lopsided agreements with them in the past, the major corporations across the globe were making billions through China and helped pay off politicians and government officials.
Even EON dances to the tune the Chinese government wants.
Besides China has openly bribed our government since the 1990s.

I think because there is outrage at the lies from China there are a few outlets willing to publish stories that don’t paint China favorably. My gut feeling is there is some truth to it.

If people only understood what Iran does, has been doing, will do. They actively attack us through thinly veiled proxies, they openly intimidate western journalist and hold hostages to make sure their story is told the way they want it, they get away with it because there are powerful interests in the west who want to help cover it up because their Financial interest coincide with the interest Iran has. Airplane manufacturers of the defense contractors have made billions from Iran, their proxies in Congress and the state department help push through legislation to make it happen.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

In light of the coronavirus pandemic, China has drawn up new guidelines to reclassify dogs as pets rather than livestock. :shock:

“Alongside the development of human civilization and the public’s care toward protecting animals, dogs have now evolved from being traditional livestock to companion animals,” a notice from the country’s agriculture ministry stated. :shock:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

New conspiracy theory: this virus was cooked up in a lab by Quorn and Morningstar Farms, to turn everybody vegetarian.

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Well it’s MorningStar after all, as in Lucifer.

carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

Happy Easter

Bring back Bond!