The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by bjmdds »

Big O, this relates to your area: Misconceptions about coronavirus, which was first detected in Wuhan City, China, aren’t just wreaking havoc on the beer maker. Chinese restaurants in Denver are also taking a hit, reports Denverite, with some estimating a 30% to 40% drop in business since news of the virus spread. Coloradans are at a much greater risk of contracting the seasonal flu than the new coronavirus, according to medical experts, who are asking locals not to panic.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

bjmdds wrote:Big O, this relates to your area: Misconceptions about coronavirus, which was first detected in Wuhan City, China, aren’t just wreaking havoc on the beer maker. Chinese restaurants in Denver are also taking a hit, reports Denverite, with some estimating a 30% to 40% drop in business since news of the virus spread. Coloradans are at a much greater risk of contracting the seasonal flu than the new coronavirus, according to medical experts, who are asking locals not to panic.
I’m not surprised. That part of the state is full of idiots, most transplanted from other big cities.
Although restaurant eating might be down just because of normal fear of the getting sick not just because it’s Chinese. But being Denver it probably is because it’s Chinese

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

This is unexpected - leading EON sycophant site calls for NTTD premiere to be postponed due to coronavirus: https://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/article ... s-pandemic

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:This is unexpected - leading EON sycophant site calls for NTTD premiere to be postponed due to coronavirus: https://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/article ... s-pandemic

are the nuts!? Never mind it’s Mi6 2.0.

Eon can not reschedule, if they pull the movie it’s direct to video or months to another year or so to get a decent release date. It’s not a easy feat to renegotiate with distributors at this late date.

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Let me add if eon is sure it’s going to flop then pull it, IMHO eon will like the safety net of a virus to blame for a flop. MGM would rather the promise of a billion dollar movie than the realty of a flop

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

The NTTD premiere sounds like a fun evening out. 3 hours of Craig and the possibility of contracting the Corona virus.
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:The NTTD premiere sounds like a fun evening out. 3 hours of Craig and the possibility of contracting the Corona virus.
I don't know which sounds worse!

Seriously though these Craigheads are pouring it a bit thick aren't they? Are they really that concerned about the Corona virus scare, or just protecting the box office of "DA BESTUS BOND EVA!!!"?
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I saw this advertised, and I have to confess, I'm not quite sure what it is. But I thought it might be of interest: https://www.thehistorypress.co.uk/publi ... 750994040/

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:I saw this advertised, and I have to confess, I'm not quite sure what it is. But I thought it might be of interest: https://www.thehistorypress.co.uk/publi ... 750994040/

Seems the kind of thing a true fan could make, judging from the description it’s not standard topics for the rubber stamping of popular opinions like a lot of critics and bloggers do.
I guess what I am say is it could be unique instead of a rehash. Kind of why DB is so goood in his rants, he saying something unique not covered by others.

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Just in case you were wondering:Image

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:Just in case you were wondering:Image

got to have standards.

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

When MI6-HQ says "jump", EON says "how high?" Wish we had that sort of clout. Image

kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

Omega wrote:
Kristatos wrote:Just in case you were wondering:Image

got to have standards.

Brings back memories of listening to Dr. Demento(who played Weird Al’s songs among others).Good times. :lol:
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:When MI6-HQ says "jump", EON says "how high?" Wish we had that sort of clout. Image

I wonder how much that move cost them. It’s honestly a batter date for them, but I wonder about another delay, however this will be the first bond film in a long time the director has the time to edit it

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Eight more months with Cr-egg in the role :!: :cuss: We were all set to see him gone in 1 month :!: Forget about a 2022 60th anniversary film now too :!:--------No Time to Die will now face off on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving with Warner Bros. Will Smith King Richard, Disney’s Raya and the Last Dragon, and Sony’s comedy The Happiest Season.
Atticus
Lieutenant

Post by Atticus »

Omega wrote: It’s honestly a batter date for them, but I wonder about another delay, however this will be the first bond film in a long time the director has the time to edit it

Or another way of looking at it: all this shuffling around of release dates is a symbol for a lousy film. Sure the coronavirus and its impact on the global cinema market is a big factor. But Eon's conduct also reminds me of what they did with their masterpiece The Rhythm Section. And whatever extra time they gained didn't exactly help salvage that film in the editing room. We'll see.
Atticus
Lieutenant

Post by Atticus »

bjmdds wrote:Forget about a 2022 60th anniversary film now too
Or they could push the NTTD release (yet again) to 2022 so it becomes the 60th anniversary film. :D
No Time to Die will now face off on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving with Warner Bros. Will Smith King Richard, Disney’s Raya and the Last Dragon, and Sony’s comedy The Happiest Season.
So right at the heart of the Thanksgiving-Christmas release season. Good luck with that. In the past, Eon strategically positioned the Craig films not to compete against the heavy weight films in this time frame. Usually, they dumped their Bond movie in early fall or something, like a cautious wimpy move because they didn't want to deal with the height of the Thanksgiving-Christmas stretch. That was always my impression. Oh and that tuneless Billie Eilish song will be long forgotten in November by this ADD-plagued society we're in. Maybe Eon can get Joe Biden to remind people about the title song. I'm confident he'll remember it. :wink:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Well played, ma'am. Image

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Atticus wrote:
bjmdds wrote:Forget about a 2022 60th anniversary film now too
Or they could push the NTTD release (yet again) to 2022 so it becomes the 60th anniversary film. :D
No Time to Die will now face off on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving with Warner Bros. Will Smith King Richard, Disney’s Raya and the Last Dragon, and Sony’s comedy The Happiest Season.
So right at the heart of the Thanksgiving-Christmas release season. Good luck with that. In the past, Eon strategically positioned the Craig films not to compete against the heavy weight films in this time frame. Usually, they dumped their Bond movie in early fall or something, like a cautious wimpy move because they didn't want to deal with the height of the Thanksgiving-Christmas stretch. That was always my impression. Oh and that tuneless Billie Eilish song will be long forgotten in November by this ADD-plagued society we're in. Maybe Eon can get Joe Biden to remind people about the title song. I'm confident he'll remember it. :wink:
Atticus is correct. The song will be a memory by then, and Joe Biden will lose the election as well and retire to his next residence-----and we all know where that will be :!: EON waited toooooooo long to produce this pile of rubbish and it is becoming evident Broccoli has cursed the franchise with her leadership :!:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:Well played, ma'am. Image

wish I thought of this