The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by kater23 »

bjmdds wrote:
Omega wrote:
bjmdds wrote:Producer Barbara Broccoli told Empire: “It’s pretty devastating. “[And] if he hadn’t come back [for No Time To Die], I was gonna go put a duvet on my head and cry for three years.” :roll:
that our feminist role model :roll:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
She's an unhinged school girl swooning over her 'Beatle" and she never grew up :!:
I was that way with Duran Duran. But it was a phase(I still love their music..I just don’t have their posters all over my room and obsess over them anymore! :clap: )
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Is AVTAK your favorite Bond film then? [video][/video] Is it your favorite Bond song too?
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

[video][/video] and------no more Cr-egg as Bond :!: T minus 4 months and counting :!: :clap: :jack: :Happy:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:[video][/video] and------no more Cr-egg as Bond :!: T minus 4 months and counting :!: :clap: :jack: :Happy:
I'm not celebrating until his replacement is announced. Maybe not even then if it turns out to be someone just as unsuitable.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

bjmdds wrote:Is AVTAK your favorite Bond film then? [video][/video] Is it your favorite Bond song too?
Just the theme..the movie..yeah..less so. :Happy:
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Happy new year!

A little early, we are waiting the fireworks to start

............ :007:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Yes, happy new year.

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

Happy New Year - with this mug appearing in another Bond movie before coming back in four years time. :twisted:
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

Happy New Year everyone :clap: :NewYears:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

More cgi than Gemini Man

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Martin Scorsese, the director behind blockbusters such “The Irishman” and “The Wolf of Wall Street,” has a net worth of more than $100 million, but doled out only $175,000 to the Scorsese Family Foundation in 2017, public filings show. And most of that cash — just over $130,000 — went to pay the salary and benefits of film archivist Mark McElhatten, who is also associated with Scorsese’s for-profit production company Sikelia Productions, according to an online bio. The charity owns nearly $700,000 worth of unidentified old films. Hollywood at it's finest, lecturing us on the virtues of giving to the poor, the homeless, and the destitute :!: Liberalism in it's raw truth :!:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

At the Golden Globes tonight host Gervais said: “If you do win an award tonight, don’t use it as a platform to make a political speech. You’re in no position to lecture the public about anything. You know nothing about the real world. Most of you spent less time in school than Greta Thunberg. So, if you win, come up, accept your little award, thank your agent and your God and f**k off.” :Happy: The Hollywoodie audience was not accustomed to being told the introspective collective truths in a public forum on national television :!:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Used to be common sense for anyone in the business, don’t alienate potential customers. However political groupthink took over.

EON at one point tried not to be political because they knew the audience might not forgive them however it became more obvious how Craig and babs felt. I don’t think they’ll come out this election year about trump, but their writers P&W already have a few years ago.

Be interesting to see what the ratings were for the show last night

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

The video in full. Brutal stuff:

Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

bjmdds wrote:At the Golden Globes tonight host Gervais said: “If you do win an award tonight, don’t use it as a platform to make a political speech. You’re in no position to lecture the public about anything. You know nothing about the real world. Most of you spent less time in school than Greta Thunberg. So, if you win, come up, accept your little award, thank your agent and your God and f**k off.” :Happy: The Hollywoodie audience was not accustomed to being told the introspective collective truths in a public forum on national television :!:
Gervais at his best, bless him. I wish he hosted the Oscars but fragile Hollywood egos wouldn't be able to handle that, at least at GGA they can drink.
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

Kristatos wrote:The video in full. Brutal stuff:

"We got to see James Corden as a fat pussy."
LMAO. That's a first.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

A total of 183 people have been arrested by police in Queensland, NSW, Victoria, South Australia and Tasmania for lighting bushfires over the last few months, figures obtained by news agency AAP show. In New South Wales, 24 people were arrested for arson, risking prison sentences of up to 25 years. In Queensland, police concluded that 103 of the fires had been deliberately lit, with 98 people, 67 of them juveniles, having been identified as the culprits. Around 85 per cent of bushfires are caused by humans either deliberately or accidentally starting them, according to Dr Paul Read, co-director of the National Centre for Research in Bushfire and Arson. Someone should have informed the birdbrain Russell Crowe what is causing these fires in his homeland before he wrote his acceptance letter for his Golden Globe------activism gone rogue :!:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Variety is now reporting on the Hans Zimmer rumour, though it is still unconfirmed: https://variety.com/2020/film/news/hans ... 203458908/

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:Variety is now reporting on the Hans Zimmer rumour, though it is still unconfirmed: https://variety.com/2020/film/news/hans ... 203458908/

man that production is a mess This late in the game still looking for a composer.

Is zimmer the composers that runs a sweat shop kind of deal with others pitching in doing the work and his name on the finished piece or is that another composer I can’t think of right now?

There was a recent film some friends were talking about how good it was the composer has a mixed bag from veer good to ordinary apparently it’s like a law firm where he handles the big names and underlings do adequate work